• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV Check Out These Previews Of Hasbro's New D&D 'FAST' Channel

3 shows launch very soon!

Hasbro's new FAST channel called Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures launches in less than two weeks. You'll be able to access by Amazon Freevee and Plex.It will launch with three new series--the comedy stream Faster, Purple Worm! Kill! Kill!, the Forgotten Realms adventurers based on an existing podcast Encounter Party, and the cooking show Heroes’ Feast. You can check out previews of all three below.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
If they are just focusing on 5th edition I think they're leaving a lot of neat options on the table.

I'd love to see these shows:

Epoch Level D&D: Showcasing old D&D settings and supplements. Then promote the purchase of POD and PDF via Dmsguild " Tonight on Epoch Level we visit the Free City, explore the mysterious towers of a crazed wizard, welcome...to GREYHAWK."

Legacy Actual Play: playing old modules and settings. Use 1st Ed, BECMI, etc.
And maybe not even show the entire session (s) but highlights or a sizzle reel per module.

Exploring some of the other fun products that that have been out there as well.

The board games, card games, and perhaps the alternate roleplay systems that they have maybe even amazing engine, or that card one they used for dragonlance, saga??
They have a lot of stuff on their vaults and and it would be silly to not dig into it.

If they are just focusing on 5th edition I think they're leaving a lot of neat options on the table.

I'd love to see these shows:

Epoch Level D&D: Showcasing old D&D settings and supplements. Then promote the purchase of POD and PDF via Dmsguild " Tonight on Epoch Level we visit the Free City, explore the mysterious towers of a crazed wizard, welcome...to GREYHAWK."

Legacy Actual Play: playing old modules and settings. Use 1st Ed, BECMI, etc.
And maybe not even show the entire session (s) but highlights or a sizzle reel per module.

Exploring some of the other fun products that that have been out there as well.

The board games, card games, and perhaps the alternate roleplay systems that they have maybe even amazing engine, or that card one they used for dragonlance, saga??
They have a lot of stuff on their vaults and and it would be silly to not dig into it.
I really like these ideas, but my experience with the current administration makes me think they aren't interested in exploring the past like this.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
I really like these ideas, but my experience with the current administration makes me think they aren't interested in exploring the past like this.
I 100% agree with you.
I don't think they would ever do anything like this, it would be cool but I don't think it will ever happen.

There is a good reason to release reportages about old titles from previous editions: to promote the sales in Drivethru. Selling digital content they haven't to worry about printing, storage and shipping costs.

I guess they should promote actual-play shows where their official VTT was used.

And I suggest the softwaere of the VTT should allow to can create machinima videos. This could be useful for certain streamers, and thanks these the VTT would enjoy free promoting.

We can bet we are going to see sooner or later programs about settings by 3PPs what will appear in D&D Beyond, for example Koboa.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Bell of Lost Souls notes that the legacy content comes out the week before the new shows, which I guess means next week!

That legacy content includes the 80s cartoon and seemingly every actual play that WotC produced in the the 5e era.

Remove ads

Remove ads