• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV Check Out These Previews Of Hasbro's New D&D 'FAST' Channel

3 shows launch very soon!

Hasbro's new FAST channel called Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures launches in less than two weeks. You'll be able to access by Amazon Freevee and Plex.It will launch with three new series--the comedy stream Faster, Purple Worm! Kill! Kill!, the Forgotten Realms adventurers based on an existing podcast Encounter Party, and the cooking show Heroes’ Feast. You can check out previews of all three below.

Will be the 80's cartoon only English languange? It would be a shame because I love the epic-synthesizer opening song created for the Spanish-languange version.

I wonder if this channel will use some IP by Amazon.

Clint_L

Legend
If they are just focusing on 5th edition I think they're leaving a lot of neat options on the table.

I'd love to see these shows:

Epoch Level D&D: Showcasing old D&D settings and supplements. Then promote the purchase of POD and PDF via Dmsguild " Tonight on Epoch Level we visit the Free City, explore the mysterious towers of a crazed wizard, welcome...to GREYHAWK."

Legacy Actual Play: playing old modules and settings. Use 1st Ed, BECMI, etc.
And maybe not even show the entire session (s) but highlights or a sizzle reel per module.

Exploring some of the other fun products that that have been out there as well.

The board games, card games, and perhaps the alternate roleplay systems that they have maybe even amazing engine, or that card one they used for dragonlance, saga??
They have a lot of stuff on their vaults and and it would be silly to not dig into it.
Why would they use their media time to feature products that they no longer sell, though? The whole point of OneD&D is to emphasize a unified brand identity.

I'm all for repurposing older settings and characters for 5e, though!

Kurotowa

Legend
Hasbro is using their IP to sell ads. They aren't paying for IP controlled by others
It's really funny how we've circled round to reinventing a slightly better wheel. The whole Streaming Wars kicked off when Netflix decided it was going to not just stream shows but be the new mega-HBO that charged a premium subscription to deliver high quality original content, and then everyone else tried to copy them. But it turns out that revenue model is not and never has been profitable on the scale of a streaming service. It only lasted this long because companies were shoveling money into the furnace to try and corner the market like the next Amazon or Facebook, at which point they'd have the control to pivot to a more profitable stance. In theory. But that point never arrived.

So now we're wrapping back around to broadcast television, where you run one channel that shows a mix of old and new shows, supported by regular ad breaks. But because it's streaming the viewer can pick what and when they watch, rather than being stuck with the broadcast schedule. In other words, a direct but modest upgrade from the timeshifting people were already doing with VCRs and DVRs, rather than completely revolutionizing the industry.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Why would they use their media time to feature products that they no longer sell, though? The whole point of OneD&D is to emphasize a unified brand identity.

I'm all for repurposing older settings and characters for 5e, though!
They still sell them through DMSGuild.

It's part of their legacy.

Helps provide programming fodder.

Provides advertising for DMSGuild.

Provides platform to sell advertising.

They're focused on 5th edition, totally get that. Just my two cents of what I'd like to see.
I severely doubt they'd ever have shows showcasing the previous 40-odd years of product.

UVAtom

Explorer
I love Encounter Party. Something happens every episode, which is more than can be said for a lot of these actual plays. Swear to Paladine I listened to one the other day where the DM made the PCs make rolls to see if they could get into a hammock to go to sleep. I almost threw my phone out of the moving car.

They still sell them through DMSGuild.

It's part of their legacy.

Helps provide programming fodder.

Provides advertising for DMSGuild.
I mean, it works in theory, but in practice I suspect that the production costs of even one professionally produced streaming show would quite likely eat up the profits that WotC make on older edition material quite handily.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I’d like to see a costume contest style show. Follow the contestants as they decide on and make costumes and then the finale is showing them off and getting judged.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads