D&D Movie/TV Dungeons & Dragons Adventures is a 24-Hour Streaming Channel Launching in Summer

New shows feature animation, influencers, and actual plays

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.37.53 AM.png

This summer, a new free streaming channel will be launched by eOne, the entertainment company owned by Hasbro. It will be ad-supported and available on multiple (as yet unspecified) platforms and feature a mix of animation, third party influencers, and actual play shows.

The old 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon will be available, along with shows like:
  • Encounter Party is based on an existing podcast and set in the Forgotten Realms.
  • Faster, Purple Worm! Kill! Kill! is a comedy game stream in each episode of which a party of 1st level characters march to their deaths against deadly monsters.
  • Heroes's Feast is a cooking/talk show.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Most tv shows are still airing on "free" channels.

I don't think we'd call Grey's Anatomy low budget. CSI? Ghosts?

These are shows that people actually watch, not streaming shows with hype and bad numbers
But those shows' production has already been paid for. You're just paying for the rights to play it.

Micah Sweet

Uh?

They are on free, ad supported TV. Just like the D&D channel will be. Pretending that model is only for cheap, low budget productions ignores a few decades of TV production.
Do they make original programming that is not cheap/low budget, or do they just license such things?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Do they make original programming that is not cheap/low budget, or do they just license such things?
DO ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, Univision, Telemundo only make cheap, low budget TV because they're ad supported? No. That's absurd to suggest.

FAST is just the streaming equal of broadcast TV. It's also much more popular than streaming. More people actually watch Pluto than any single streaming platform than Netflix.

Micah Sweet

DO ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, Univision, Telemundo only make cheap, low budget TV because they're ad supported? No. That's absurd to suggest.

FAST is just the streaming equal of broadcast TV. It's also much more popular than streaming. More people actually watch Pluto than any single streaming platform than Netflix.
I'm not talking about any of those networks. I'm talking about D&D TV. Will they make non cheap, low budget programming on their own, or just coast on licensing and cheap interview/live play stuff?

And Pluto isn't all live.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I'm not talking about any of those networks. I'm talking about D&D TV. Will they make non cheap, low budget programming on their own, or just coast on licensing and cheap interview/live play stuff?

And Pluto isn't all live.
Will D&D decide to be cheap? Who knows!

But it won't be a decision based on using the most popular form of television world wide.
Also, the indications that they've hired a celebrity chef for the cooking show is a demonstration that they will make shows that are on par with other shows in the genres of television they are producing.

Micah Sweet

Will D&D decide to be cheap? Who knows!

But it won't be a decision based on using the most popular form of television world wide.
Also, the indications that they've hired a celebrity chef for the cooking show is a demonstration that they will make shows that are on par with other shows in the genres of television they are producing.
Maybe so. Not really a big fan of reality television personally.

Why not any fantasy vintage movie? Those previous 90's. If they are very old, then they shouldn't be too expensive. And classic movies, for example Prince Valiant (1954), Simbad and the eye of the tiger(1977) Krull(1983) Hawk the slayer (1980) . Or some show about vintage speculative fiction. Why not the 1979 Buck Rogers serie? Or old fantasy cartoons: Wildfire, Pirates of the Dark Waters.. I mean, are they going to risk a lot of money releasing those old productions?

Or maybe the translation of Asian fantasy productions.

Remove ads

Remove ads