D&D 5E Class Tier List 2.0, SCAG+ Xanathars

Esker

Hero
Animate objects is an amazing spell, but it only lasts a minute and is vulnerable to AOE. Swift Quiver is a terrible option unless you are rocking a super magic weapon.

Animate Objects is not for every situation. But it is almost strictly better than Swift Quiver (which also only lasts a minute, btw) for a 5th level slot that uses concentration and your bonus action every round (AO doesn't even use your BA every round, only when you need to issue a new command).

Even an upcast flaming sphere is probably better than Swift Quiver (I realize bards don't get that one, but it just shows that being able to do an extra 12 or so damage a round using a 5th level slot, your concentration and bonus action every round is really crappy)

Animate Objects is not for every situation. But it is almost strictly better than Swift Quiver (which also only lasts a minute, btw) for a 5th level slot that uses concentration and your bonus action every round (AO doesn't even use your BA every round, only when you need to issue a new command).
I agree. Swift Quiver is one of the worst things you can do with your 5th level slot unless you are literally about to run out of ammunition or have some godly super weapon. Neither are reasons to actually take the spell as one of your secrets.

PQRDG

Just another guy.
I think you are misunderstanding the Ancestral Guardians Barbarian. It does not give the enemy disadvantage on attacks against you. It gives the enemy disadvantage on attacks against anyone EXCEPT you. I played one of these myself, so I know. That changes the utility, especially since you are likely the tankiest character in the group.

Apart from that, the list is solid, though seeing a chart at the end to see how they rank relative to each other would be a nice visualization to see high-B vs low-B etc. Can't wait to see what else you have for us, once the list is more complete!

Yeah, the whole point of Ancestor barbs and Cavaliers is to play a WoW style tank with a taunt ability.

As such, it doesn't make much sense even at level 3 to lump cavaliers in with fighters and assess their damage output - the point of such a character is to prevent team mates taking damage, not to do damage yourself.

Actually, I think I've just found a use for the longtooth shifters bite attack...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases