• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Closed] The Hunters & The Hunted

Festy_Dog

First Post
Well Chauzu says there's space for one more so feel free to throw your lot in.

One thing though, Uriel has an almost identical idea for a character.

Chauzu

First Post
I figured out what you forgot! Hit points, how do you want us to calculate them?

Yes, that must be it. :eek:

Calculate your HP as if you had the highest roll for each level.

Your info looks good so far, Xael, Evoulos, and Festy.

Thordain, like Festy noted Uriel has a similar idea. Are you willing to come up with something different?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Chauzu, would you mind rolling some stats for Mzarem?

Like just 3d6 if you want cos I just don't want him to have just average stats, a little randomness should give him character. :D

Chauzu

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Chauzu, would you mind rolling some stats for Mzarem?

Like just 3d6 if you want cos I just don't want him to have just average stats, a little randomness should give him character. :D

3d6, eh? Alright. I too like randomness, but being a pbp game I didn't require it.

Anyways, here is what I got with 3d6:

Not that great. Here is what I got out of 4d6, drop the lowest die:

Hawkeye

First Post
Kel Kazeem the Magnificent

Kel Kazeem the Magnificent
Ftr3/Wiz2
Human (Cali:):):):)e)
5'8" 150 lbs. Black hair, brown eyes
Alignment: CN(Good tendencies)
Str: 10
De: 15
Con: 12
Int: 16
Wis: 10
Chr: 12
Hps: 53
Init: +2
Movement 30
BAB +4

AC: 15
Touch: 12
Flatfooted: 13
Masterwork Studded leather

Saves:
F +4
R: +3
W: +4

Weapons
Rapier +8 1d6
Light Crossbow +6 1d8
Dagger: melee: +4(-3), missle +7 1d4
Unarmed: +4 1d3

Skills: (listing them all thatse that I have placed ranks in will be indicated)
Appraise +3
Balance: +3
Bluff: +1
Climb: +2 (2)
Concentration: +3 (2)
Craft (General) +3
Diplomacy +1
Disguise +1
Escape Artist: +2
Forgery: +3
Gather info +1
Heal +0
Hide +2
Intimidate +1
Jump +6(4)
Listen +0
Move Silently +2
Perform +4 (3)
Ride +6 (4)
Scry +3
Sense Motive: 0
Spot 4 (4)
Swim 2(2)
Use Rope +2
Knowledge Arcana: +7(4)
Tumble +7(5) Cosmopolitan feat
Spellcraft +7 (4)
Craft (weaponsmithing) +693)
Wilderness Lore 4(4)
Feats:
Weapon Finesse: Rapier
Weapon Focus Rapier
Mind over body
Dodge
Cosmopolitan

Laguages: Common, Draconic, Alzhedo

Spells:
Wizard: 4(dc13)/3(dc14)

Spell choice still in progress

Kel Kazeem (Bakash) the Magnificent was the born the youngest son of a wealthy merchant in the city of Calimport. He spent his youth in idleness as befitting his station. He was educated and trained in both the baiscs of swordplay and wizardry. His keen mind and quick sword arm made him a dangerous foe. This combined with his own incredible self-confidence often landed him in trouble. His Father was forced to bail him out frequently with either the authorities or other families whose sons Kel Kazeem had duled or daughters that he had wooed.

Things came to a head shortly after his 19th birthday. Kel Kazeem was out running the town, when he met a ravisihing young woman. The woman was the sister of a powerful Calpih in the city of Calimport. One of the Caliph's men saw Kel Kazeem with the Caliph's sister and knowing Kel Kazeem's reputation, summoned some guards to "save" her. Kel Kazeem didn't take kindly to the interruption and in the ensuing brawl, managed to kill the Caliph's men and serioulsy inure the guards. WIth one last passionate kiss, he left the Caliph's sister breathless, who called Kel Kazeem "magnificent" at that moment, he fled from the city of Calimport and started making his way northward up the Sword Coast, fighting duels, having adventures, and winning the hearts of ladies everywhere.

Kel Kazeem's one defining characterstic is his own incredible self-confidence. No matter how over-whelming the odds, Kel Kazeem always knows that he can deal with it and so far his luck has proven true. He is often known to look before he leaps. He is almost always upbeat. He is meticulous about his appearance, always dressing in the finest clothes, often using cantrips to keep himself clean and well groomed. He is a tur ladies man, finding the same trhill in the seduction of a beautiful woman as he does in the defeat of a skilled swordsman. If he has to use magic to open a woman's eyes to his own magniicance, then that is a reasonable tactic. He is loyal to his friends. He is generous, and is often known to buy a roud or 2 of drinks. Though he has little respect for the law, he does not needlessly break it. He will meet deadly force in kind, but may offer mercy if he feels his opponent is sincere.

(oops forgot equipment)
Rapier of Sure Striking
Light Crossbow with 30 bolts
12 daggers in a Masterwork Bandolier
Masterwork Studded Leather Armor
Hewards Handy Haversack
Ring of Sustenance
(3) Potions of Cure Moderate wounds
9#) Potions of Cat's Grace
Bedroll
(5) 12hr candles
(3) Noble's outfits
(1) Explorer's outfit
Flint and Steel
(5) 1oz vial of ink
(1) inkpen
(1) Lute
(10) Sheets of paper
(2) Waterskins
(1) whetstone
(1) Tent
Scroll organiser
Spell pouch
Spell book
10 days of Iron rations

Light Warhorse
Sezyn (Alzhedo for Swifit)

194 gp left.

What are we doing about Familiars?

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Chauzu, I'll have "Deathshrew" up asap.
:D

It's Ranger 1/Fighter or Barbarian1/Rogue 3 for me, then.

Edit:Funny, went back and read the thread...it's as if Thordain read my mind :O

Last edited:

Thordain

First Post
Sure, np, I can make another kind of character.

Would you allow monte cook's bard variant from the book of eldritch might 2?

Evoulos

First Post
Here's my character with his HP, his bard spells and his history:

Landar Noblehorn

Male Human Bard 2/Cleric of Milil 3
HP 36
Init +5
Spd 20
AC 16
Atk +4 base melee, +4 base ranged
Longsword+6 (1d8+2, +1 Longsword, 17-20 critical)
Longbow+0 (1d8, Longbow)

Alingment: Neutral Good

Saves:
Fort +3
Ref +5
Will +8

Abilities:
STR 12
DEX 12
CON 10
INT 10
WIS 15
CHA 15

Region: Waterdeep (Bonus Item: 300 gp)

Languages: Chondathan, Common, Elven

Possessions:

+1 Keen Longsword
Longbow
Chainmail
Cleric's vestments
Traveler's outfit
Rations, trail (per day) x13
Waterskin (full) x2
Arrows (100)

Funds: 740 gp (5th level characterss get 9000 + 300 from region)

Skills:
Bluff+6
Diplomacy+7
Knowledge (Nobility)+4
Knowledge (religion)+4
Listen+5
Perform+10
Sense Motive+4
Speak Language+1
Spellcraft+4.

Feats:
Improved Initiative, Spell Focus: Enchantment, Weapon Focus: Longsword.

Bard Spells Known (3/1): 0 - Dancing Lights, Daze, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Read Magic
1st - Mage Armor, Sleep

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3/2): 0 - Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1st - Bless, Charm Person (d), Shield of Faith, Summon Monster I 2nd - Enthrall (d), Hold Person, Knife Spray

History: Landar comes from a noble family of Waterdeep. He is the third of four children. His parents were well-known among cosmopolitan Waterdeep and Landar received education in all forms of art from an early age. While he was good both at singing and playing music his true love was poetry. He spent hours in the library studying all forms of this art. When his mentor thought Landar had become good enough in his subject he started teaching him of Milil, god of poetry. Landar started studying Milil's dogma and writings with passion and when he was ready, he joined Milil's church. There he was trained in the art of swordmanship by many famous instructors. When the church's elders felt he was ready, they sent him on a quest to spread his god's ideals and writings, so he left and headed north until he finally found a place where his god was almost unknown, Icewind Dale. He stayed in Lonelywood for two years. By this time many people in the area had Milil as their patron deity and read both Landar's and other writers' poems. He thought it was time to return south.

Physical Description: Landar is quite tall with black hair which are lightly frizzy.

Personality Description: Landar is kind and gentle. He is always helpful with other people and is very devoted to his god. Although his poems aren't very good he thinks they are perfect.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads