• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Closed] The Hunters & The Hunted

Chauzu

First Post
Well, I’ve been interested in running a second game now lately, and been interested in this idea for a game after watching a couple of movies: “The Running Man” and “Predator”.

The game would be set in the Forgotten Realms. Likely to be a lot of combat, but also roleplaying and strategy will be important.

Looking for 5-6 players that can post at least once a day on average (to keep things rolling).

Core books, FRCS, and Faiths & Pantheons may be used for character creation. Character will be level 5, or ECL +4. Only races in the FRCS may be used.

This will not be first come, first serve. I want to see character concepts first, so don’t bother with stats yet.

Who’s interested?

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Hmm. What's the "Main theme" of the game going to be? "The Hunters & The Hunted" gives me an idea of something like "you're being chased by a bunch of do-gooders who think you're evil" or something.

I'd like to try out my long-brewed concept (actually, I'd like to write a book about this character... *sigh*), and this game seems like (if the game theme has anything to do with the title) a good place to try and actually play him.

I can probably post once a day (if I've got something to say, my characters tend to be quite... uhh... silent).

Character idea in short: Chaotic Neutral Male Drow Wizard, that has lived on the surface for almost his whole life. Now he's in trouble (burned a village, long story) and there is a boynty on him. If the characters are hunted, he'd fit right in there (drow, bounty...) and if the characters hunt something, he'd probably fit in there too. If the game style is something different, I could still play him or just swap him to some other character (I've got lots of options...).

Name: Xael "Blackrobe" Xorlarrin

EDIT: Oh, I forgot something: I'm interested. :p

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
ARGH! Enworld just ate my 3 paragraph backstory...

Halfling Rogue 3/Ranger 1/Fighter 1. Further levels as Fighter and Ranger, not just the 'dipping' that everyone seems to do.
It's a character concept from an old Rolemaster halfling Rogue that I played a decade ago.

Rimpudus Deppleton aka "Deathshrew"

PS:Xael, you sure like Drow... :D

Evoulos

First Post
I am very interested in this game.

My character concept is a romantic Cleric of Milil, God of Poetry. He will be Neutral Good and his classes will probably be Bard 2/Cleric 3. He will be a human from the North very devoted to his God. He adventures so that he can spread both his and other writers' poems.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Count me in, I like how it sounds so far. :D

I've had a character sitting in reserve for a while now (the two games he was in previously didn't go far). Saxon, a neutral good human druid who grew up near Kuldahar, but started to wander on account of no reason to stay. His story is actually quite long, seeing as I made a long history in the first place then elaborated on that for the next game he was in. I'm going to have to increase his lvl to 5 though because he's only ever been lvl 1. He follows Mielikki unlike the other druids from the region (at least I don't think they follow Mielikki, I don't have the FRCS but I've seen friends' copies and am somewhat acquainted with the place:)).

Last edited:

Chauzu

First Post
Xael said:
Hmm. What's the "Main theme" of the game going to be? "The Hunters & The Hunted" gives me an idea of something like "you're being chased by a bunch of do-gooders who think you're evil" or something.

Sort of like that. The main theme is that you are captured by a guild (that had heard of your previous deeds in adventure) in Waterdeep, and then they set you loose in an unknown wilderness. They give you one day to run, then they start hunting you. You'll basicly have three options: Run, Confront (then die), or Find a way out. :) There will be some side-quests, too.

ARGH! Enworld just ate my 3 paragraph backstory...

Don't you hate it when that happens? :p

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Chauzu: Sounds like... fun... :D

Ps. Xael hates running...

Pss. Uriel: Now where'd you get that idea? :D I only have 1 drow PC in the boards... Yup, I like 'em.

Festy_Dog

First Post
I like it when I get hunches about good games. :D

Xael - For some reason now I'm imagining your avatar as a portrait of your character, hehe, gives the game a kind of anime aspect.

Hawkeye

First Post
I would be interested. Concept: 1/2 Drow Fighter/Wizard. CN. Sees life as one big party. A supreme egoist. 1/2 skill and 1/2 ego. He would see it as a challenge. He will be a dex based fighter moving into Deulist later instead of Fighter levels.

Hawkeye

Xael

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Xael - For some reason now I'm imagining your avatar as a portrait of your character, hehe, gives the game a kind of anime aspect.

Actually... ...that IS Xael. :D It's just a chibi/parody version drawn by my little sister...

Please don't take the next picture seriously...

xaelthing.jpg

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads