D&D 5E Companion thread to 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part XIII: Warlock)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
To be clear, I don't think that the Celestial Warlock is a bad subclass. But it's not even in the Top 3 subclass that I think should represent the Warlock or is best emblematic of the Warlock.
What I do like about Celestial Warlock is that it's thematically interesting, but I generally don't like the subclass because it's fairly boring mechanically.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Archfey is the only one "cruising" to the finals, the rest are all in tug-of-wars between upvote and downvote trends.

Hexblade: 91 votes (57/24)
Genie: 58 votes (36/22)
Fiend: 53 votes (31/22)
Archfey: 28 votes (16/12)
That sounds about right. The Pact of the Archfey sort of strikes the right balance. It's not as hated (nor as loved) as the other options on the list. It's fine, a solid choice. Not amazing, but not terrible either. Etc.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
That sounds about right. The Pact of the Archfey sort of strikes the right balance. It's not as hated (nor as loved) as the other options on the list. It's fine, a solid choice. Not amazing, but not terrible either. Etc.
Yeah I had predicted that might happen, Fey have a strong but pleasant flavour, Archfey are cool enough to be credible patrons and the subclass fits a common and comfortable archetype.

Undrave

Legend
I had fun revisiting the Warlock thanks to this Survivor thread, so I created a home-brewed patron in the last week, you can find it here:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I had fun revisiting the Warlock thanks to this Survivor thread, so I created a home-brewed patron in the last week...
Some have asked me, "Why do you keep doing these Survivor threads?"

This is why I keep doing these Survivor threads.
How You Doin Hello GIF by SVT

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Oh thank god.

I was worried for a second that that the deserving subclass might actually win one of these. GJ, folks.
You know that isn't how this is supposed to work. It's about protecting your favorite, failing, and then burning everything down in retaliation so that nobody else's favorite can win either. Haters are gonna hate, after all.

Bobs Burgers GIF by Challenger

All joking aside, the discussion about the Warlock class and all of its different subclasses has been a lot more civil and pleasant than I feared it would be. (I guess I'm still traumatized from all of the 4E-era drama surrounding this class.)

I'll be on Team Archfey if you need me. Got one more darlin' to protect.

Last edited:

Vaalingrade

Legend
All joking aside, the discussion about the Warlock class and all of its different subclasses has been a lot more civil and pleasant than I feared it would be. (I guess I'm still traumatized from all of the 4E-era drama surrounding this class.)
Was it the in-depth financial study to try and prove a medieval village couldn't afford digging a hole to imprison someone capable of Misty Step?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases