Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Obly99

Hero
• Divinities also gain Blindsight, clairaudience/claivoyance (always active), and Telepathy within the range of their divine auras and godly realms.
• A divinity can hear the prayers of its worshippers.
• A divinity can choose to see through the eyes of a Petitioner, but doesn't do so automatically - it must choose to do so and while doing so can't itself see.
• A divinity can sense disturbances to its realm (alterations, etc.).
Even if its not written in the deity I publish, I already use all of them with the following exception of the senses:
No automatic blindsight
clairaudience/claivoyance (always active), and Telepathy are active only inside the godly realm unless the creature possess them

Obly99

Hero
Divine Portfolio

Aspects: Ascension, Rulership

Opposed Portfolio: Deicide

Examples: XXXX

Favored Animal: Eagle

Favored Class: Any

Favored Place: Highest place in a world

Favored Sacrifice: Unique items (or creatures if evil)

Favored Time: Zenith

Favored Weapon: Artifacts

Portfolio Trial: You must be recognized by all members of a Pantheon as worthy of commanding them (if you were hypothetically on the same level as them)

Prerequisites: Must have a divine template

Symbol: Any

Typical Quote: “Throughout the heavens and earth, I alone am the Honoured One.”

DIVINE DOMAIN​

Granted Power: You gain the Power over Immortals ability.

*Power over Immortals (Su)
You can channel negative energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier, but only to affect creatures with a Divine Rank as if they were undead and you possessed the Command Undead feat, with a cleric level equal to your HD. The range of this “channel energy” is your divine aura. Creatures with a Divine Rank equal or higher than yours are immune to this ability. You can take other feats to add to this ability, such as Improved Channel, but not feats that alter this ability, such as Alignment Channel. Unlike the normal Command Undead feat, you don’t have a limit of the total HD of immortals under your control.

1 Command: One subject obeys selected command for 1 round.

2 Eagle’s Splendor: Subject gains +4 to Cha for 1 min./level.

3 Blessing of Fervor: Gives allies a choice of benefits.

4 Divine Power: You gain attack bonuses and 1 hp/level.

5 Flame Strike: Smites foes with divine fire (1d6/level damage).

6 Forbiddance: Blocks planar travel, damages creatures of different alignment.

7 Divine Vessel: Change into a huge otherworldly creature.

8 Create Greater Demiplane: As create demiplane, but larger and with more planar traits.

9 Overwhelming Presence: Creatures bow before you as if you were divine.

REALM​

The realm of an entity with the Divine Portfolio is a single enormous temple dedicated to the immortal himself.

Hazards: There are no intrinsic hazards in such realms, however, the temple is also the immortal's fortress, protected by his most powerful servants and by the traps he has placed there over the millennia.

Inhabitants: The servitors of the deity and of the other members of his Pantheon are usually guest of the place.

Divine Template (Single Portfolio)​

Appearance: The immortal’s manifestation looks like the quintessential ideal of his race.

NB. When the immortal adopts a different form (through Shapechanging or Wildshape for instance), this trait is also adopted.

Behavior: The immortal is very proud.

Divine Template (Double Portfolio)​

Appearance: These immortal’s look like some sort of ideal. The men looking like ideal specimens of masculine ideals, and the women looking like fitness models

Behavior: The immortal is so proud that he ends up in arrogance.

(Single) Divine Portfolio
Divine Status
Ability/Weakness Gained
Benefit/Penalty
Action
Disciple​
Spell-like Abilities
Leader of the Pantheon (Weakness)
Vulnerable to Antidivine Damage
(Weakness)
Use any divine domain spell as spell-like ability
Competence penalty to on all rolls equal to your divine rank for one month if you ever retreat the battlefield so long at least an ally Immortal remains alive within your Divine Aura

You suffer x2.5 antidivine damage instead of x2 like a normal immortal
Standard

Always Active
Prophet​
Courage (Ex)​
You gains immunity to fear effects​
Always Active​
Hero-deity​
Scion of Divine (Ex)​
Competence bonus (equal to divine rank) on attack rolls, saves, and armor class after commanding another immortal for 24 hours​
Always Active​
Quasi-deity​
Creator of Divine (Ex)​
Creatures you summon gain a Divine Bonus equal to your divine rank to all rolls (this does not give any of the other abilities associated with such divine rank, like divine abilities or divine template; they become vulnerable to divine damage and count as Immortals for interactions with effects)​
Always Active​
Demi-deity​
Greater Divine Damage (Su)​
All Divine Damage you do still deal 50% damage to creatures immune to divine damage​
Always Active​
Lesser Deity​
Superior Divine [Effect] (Su)​
Assault your enemies with divine energy​
Variable​
Intermediate Deity​
Uncanny Divine Mastery (Su)​
Variable​
Greater Deity​
Life from the Pantheon (Ex)​
You gain Regeneration equal to the total Divine Bonus of all allies (excluding you) in your Divine Aura​
Always Active​
Elder One​
Dominance (Su)
Cosmic Imperfection (Deicide)
Foes with less than 1/3 your Hit Dice automatically fail saves
One artifact in the universe can defeat your cosmic string ability
Always Active

Always Active
Old One​
Cosmic Divine (Su)​
Substitute cosmic divine (d20s) damage for all uses of divine (like Divine [Effect])​
Always Active​

(Double) Divine Portfolio
Divine Status
Ability/Weakness Gained
Benefit/Penalty
Action
Disciple​
Spell-like Abilities
Progenitor of the Pantheon (Weakness)
Vulnerable to Antidivine Damage
(Weakness)
Use two divine domain spell as spell-like ability
Competence penalty to on all rolls equal to double your divine rank for one month if you ever retreat the battlefield so long at least an ally Immortal remains alive within your Divine Aura

You suffer x3 antidivine damage instead of x2 like a normal immortal
Standard+Swift

Always Active
Prophet​
Leader Confidence (Su)​
Your allies within your Divine Aura gain immunity to fear effects​
Always Active​
Hero-deity​
Greater Scion of Divine (Ex)​
Competence bonus (equal to double your divine rank) on attack rolls, saves, and armor class after commanding another immortal for 24 hours​
Always Active​
Quasi-deity​
Divine Army (Ex)​
All allies you summon with a Divine bonus have 200% more HD​
Always Active​
Demi-deity​
True Divine Damage (Su)​
All Divine Damage you do ignore divine damage immunity​
Always Active​
Lesser Deity​
Superior Divine [Effect] (Su) (x2 HD)​
Variable​
Intermediate Deity​
Uncanny Divine Mastery (Su) (x2 HD)​
Variable​
Greater Deity​
Wrath of the Pantheon (Su)​
All opponents within your Divine Aura take damage equal to the combined total of the Divine Bonus of all Immortals within your Divine Aura (including your own) every round​
Always Active​
Elder One​
Lord of Perfection (Ex)
Cosmic Imperfection (Deicide)
You gain the Paragon template
Two artifacts in the universe can defeat your cosmic string ability
n/a

Always Active
Old One​
Legendary Charisma (Ex)​
Your Charisma score is tripled​
n/a​
First One​
Greater Dominance (Su)​
Foes with less than ½ your Hit Dice automatically fail saves​
Always Active​

Attachments

• Demon-God-Underworld-Reclaim-Throne-Characters-Wandering-Showing-Off-48433938-1.png
    Demon-God-Underworld-Reclaim-Throne-Characters-Wandering-Showing-Off-48433938-1.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 35
  • god.jpg
    god.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 41

Bootlebat

Explorer
how does this sound

Rampage (Divine) (Ex)
Prerequisites: +40 base attack bonus
Benefit: As a standard action you can make 2 melee attacks against every creature within your melee reach.

Last edited:

Obly99

Hero
how does this sound

Rampage (Divine) (Ex)
Benefit: As a full-round action you can make 2 melee attacks against every creature within your melee reach.
IMO I will say its Epic. With divine we already have Divine Whirlwind Attack that is better. Or for divini I will say as a standard action (an upgraded Cleave).

Obly99

Hero
Does this seem more divine or cosmic?

Full Attack Mastery (Divine or Cosmic) (ex)
Prerequisites: +40 or +70 base attack bonus
Benefit: You can make a full attack as a standard action, rather than a full-round action.
I will never allows this in my game. But in my opinion at least Transcendental. It destroy the action economy that even the deity must follow.
how does this sound

Rampage (Divine) (Ex)
Benefit: As a standard action you can make 2 melee attacks against every creature within your melee reach.
Rampage (Divine) (Ex)
Prerequisites: Cleave, Great Cleave, +40 base attack bonus
Benefit: As a standard action, you can make two melee attacks at your full base attack bonus against all foe within your melee reach.

Does this seem more divine or cosmic?

Full Attack Mastery (Divine or Cosmic) (ex)
Prerequisites: +40 or +70 base attack bonus
Benefit: You can make a full attack as a standard action, rather than a full-round action.
I'd say Cosmic, but add a few more appropriate prerequisites and up the Base Attack Bonus requirement. I can see the argument for transcendental, but Transtemporal literally gives you infinite actions vs anyone without Slipstream and there are other abilities that do far worse if combined properly.

Thwarting it would be as simple as either abrogating it, taking the same ability, teleporting away and blasting from a distance, etc.. Heck, a 10th level optimized wizard could thwart this with enough RAW cheese.

Addendum...I could also see the argument for divine after reading the various Whirlwind related divine abilities. One gives you a full attack vs. each opponent you can reach, etc..

Last edited:

Obly99

Hero
I'd say Cosmic, but add a few more appropriate prerequisites and up the Base Attack Bonus requirement. I can see the argument for transcendental, but Transtemporal literally gives you infinite actions vs anyone without Slipstream and there are other abilities that do far worse if combined properly.
No, you have only triple actions each round.
TRANSTEMPORAL (EX)
You can travel through time.
Prerequisites: Dex 130, Slipstream, Time Dilation.
Benefit: You can travel freely through time and are capable of performing three times as many actions each round (as you strike from the immediate past, present and future).
Special: An opponent with the Slipstream ability cannot be undermined through time travel (so you couldn’t go back to when they were born and slay them as an infant) but you do still gain triple actions against them.

The infinite actions is an unique ability of Thychen, the Supreme Being (https://www.enworld.org/threads/the...sent-to-you-thychen-the-supreme-being.514497/)

Aspect of Time (Ex)
Thychen leaves the ability to control time and space to himself alone. He can freely travel to destroyed existences, past timelines, future timelines, alternate existences, alternate timelines etc. He gains an infinite amount of attacks against any target, and can undermine any creature born from creation via Time including Transtemporal entities.

I will never allows this in my game. But in my opinion at least Transcendental. It destroy the action economy that even the deity must follow.

Rampage (Divine) (Ex)
Prerequisites: Cleave, Great Cleave, +40 base attack bonus
Benefit: As a standard action, you can make two melee attacks at your full base attack bonus against all foe within your melee reach.
Two-Weapon Whirlwind Attack does this as an epic feat. I think it's from a Warcraft d20 book. Probably Shadows & Light.

Yep...just checked. Excellent book. Bought it as soon as it came out many years ago.

Two-Weapon Whirlwind Attack [Epic]
You use both your weapons to strike all nearby opponents in a spectacular spinning attack.
Prerequisites: Dex 25, Int 17, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting,Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Mobility, Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting, Spring Attack,Two-Weapon Fighting, Whirlwind Attack, baseattack bonus +16.
Benefit: While wielding two weapons and mak-ing a full attack, you can give up all your normalattacks and instead make one attack with eachweapon against each opponent within reach. Attacks with your primary weapon are at your full baseattack bonus, and those with your off-hand are atyour full base attack bonus –5.

Remove ads