WotC D&D Direct--Learn About Upcoming D&D On April 21st!

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters. This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s...

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s Happening This Year for Dungeons & Dragons" as the "first ever D&D Direct", so presumably there are more planned.

The D&D Team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to debut D&D Direct, a jam-packed thirty-minute video presentation on April 21 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

Tune in to see exclusive reveals from the world's greatest roleplaying game, including video games, entertainment, and more, guided by hosts Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

D&D Direct will be broadcast on the D&D YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/DNDWizards) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/dnd) channels.

To find out more on D&D Direct go to dnd.wizards.com and follow the official D&D social media accounts for more updates.

See you on April 21 at 9:00 AM PT for the first-ever D&D Direct!

I was asking about the hypothesis about if Hasbro is acquired by Microsoft, and Disney by Apple(this really could happen if Steve Jobs was live), then Hasbro and Disney wouldn't be "good friends", and that would affect the licences. Of course I may be wrong. Microsft wouldn't acquire Hasbro without a good reason, because this hasn't strong links with videogames or software but mainly IPs. Hasbro has had got more contacts with Disney, but now a lot of things are happening behind the curtains, and now Disney may be not an advisable associate.

Maybe in a future we could be NFC figures that would allow you to download PDFs or digital content about TTRPGs, and also skins for videogames. I read about a company who wanted to sell cards with digital comics.

Pathfinder doesn't worry about piracy because all the crunch is published freely and legally in SRD and the archives of Nenthys. And in Open Gaming Store you can see a lot of titles by 3PPs with Pathfinder system. Paizo is the closest company to be a serious rival for D&D.

I wonder if Hasbro will want to make money with its own videogame metaverse, created by them, or acquiring other company. Even they could publish licenced version of cancelled online videogames, something like Sonic Speed Simulation in Roblox.

* In the next April Fool they would announce a new character for Beast-Wars, a hamster maximal, as Ratrap.

* If Dragonlance is rebooted, then the war of the lance could continue for more years, to allow adventures by spin-off groups, not only Tanis and company.

* I like to speculate about crossovers, they are crazy ideas, but it is fun precisely because they are so crazy. And Hasbro likes to make money with licencing.

Last edited:

briggart

Adventurer
…wait, was Descent into Avernus really the first alt-art adventure book?
Ghosts of Saltmarsh also had an (IMO, not very exiciting) alt cover.
71+zpGtcRhL._AC_SY355_.jpg

That said, Mindflayers play a big role in BG3, and a Mindflqyer plot would make q good Summer Adventure...if that's still a thing?
Worth noting BG3 is delayed into 2023. So any tie-in stuff probably wouldn't work until then. Mindflayers are pretty timeless though.

I mean it's in Early Access right now but that will never be more than Act 1 - it's been steadily improving for a long time and I anticipate it being pretty great on release if they can avoid the DOS2 mistake where Act 1 was super-polished, Act 2 was decent, and Acts 3/4 were... not good.

Ostensibly, yes, but considering that the film was pretty much DOA when it finally came out, I suspect they also knew that it was a stinker.

Weren't the delays largely due to Covid? Pretty much every film got delayed a year due to that, or got released on streaming.

I listened to that and possibly. They talk a lot about the ceremorphosis process, though much of it relates back to BG3, as previously noted.

There is that Mind Flayer funko pop in the display, but that could just as easily be just because it's an iconic D&D creature, like the red dragon also featured. Then again, there is that space hamster, too.

Also wonder if there are hints here?

The standard GoS has the better cover.
Saltmarsh is the only alt-cover I didn't purchase. There are a few others where I slightly prefer the regular cover (Xanathar's, Mordenkainen's, Tasha's), but I bought the limited ones anyway just for their distinctiveness. With Saltmarsh I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. It's terrible, and the regular cover is great.

Remove ads

Remove ads