D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Hit or Flop?

I thought you were talking about this bit. With the stuff they took out it is hard to say what its value is and whether that means they made a loss or not. At a minimum it would be a much smaller loss than the difference between the two. That is what I was referring to.

Thanks for the 10-Q, had not seen that
They already have lost enough to make “bloodbath” an adjective that I am comfortable using. I have a feeling that they will have another huge write off as well.

I did not read through the risk factors and all the MD&A to see if anything was buried there.

Zardnaar

Legend
They already have lost enough to make “bloodbath” an adjective that I am comfortable using. I have a feeling that they will have another huge write off as well.

I did not read through the risk factors and all the MD&A to see if anything was buried there.

In plain English how much are we looking at? And I assume there's tax advantages to writing stuff off?

I was kinda joking about losing more money than TSR.

Since 3.0 I've sways thought WotC are more competent than TSR. Even with various bungles along the way.

In plain English how much are we looking at? And I assume there's tax advantages to writing stuff off?

I was kinda joking about losing more money than TSR.

Since 3.0 I've sways thought WotC are more competent than TSR. Even with various bungles along the way.
All remaining intangibles would have to be evaluated and I think there is around $4B left. Goodwill alone is $3.1B.

I am not a tax expert. I think in the USA certain goodwill is amortizable over 15 years for tax purposes and you do get a deduction if it is impaired, but that is just what I think the rules are without consulting the tax expert that works for me or doing much research on it.

mamba

Legend
In plain English how much are we looking at?
300M now for the movie & TV part of eOne, 100M in 2022 for the music part, and apparently another 100M for the Power Rangers, also in 2022

Given for how much they bought it vs sold it, what they kept is valued at 3.1B, with the question being how much of that they might still have to write off

Zardnaar

Legend
300M now for the movie & TV part of eOne, 100M in 2022 for the music part, and apparently another 100M for the Power Rangers, also in 2022

Given for how much they bought it vs sold it, what they kept is valued at 3.1B, with the question being how much of that they might still have to write off

Whole lotta phb's.

CommodoreKong

Explorer
I am curious about their VTT. Having 350 people working on it is not cheap… that could be the next eOne

Yeah I'm sure Hasbro has high expectations for the VTT. It's very clear they're spending a ton of money on it and it will have a lot of ongoing costs, with them having to add new 5.5 content including I'm sure full adventures.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I am curious about their VTT. Having 350 people working on it is not cheap… that could be the next eOne
It will create two franchise brands with one already at a billion dollars of revenue a year and then they'll sell off the parts they don't want?

Remove ads