D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Synopsis Namechecks Harpers, Red Wizards, and Neverwinter [UPDATED - MAYBE NOT?]

A précis of the Dungeons & Dragons movie has appeared as part of its copyright registration, confirming it's set in the Forgotten Realms. The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Hugh Grant, and Rege-Jean Page. An ex-Harper turned thief escapes from prison with his partner, a female barbarian, and reunites with a no-talent wizard and a druid new to their team in an...

A précis of the Dungeons & Dragons movie has appeared as part of its copyright registration, confirming it's set in the Forgotten Realms.

The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Hugh Grant, and Rege-Jean Page.

An ex-Harper turned thief escapes from prison with his partner, a female barbarian, and reunites with a no-talent wizard and a druid new to their team in an effort to rob the cheating conman who stole all their loot from the heist that landed them behind bars, and used it to install himself as the Lord of Neverwinter. Only the traitor is allied with a powerful Red Wizard who has something far more sinister in store.

UPDATE -- Screenrant reported on the same story but has since posted: "Screen Rant has confirmed the below Dungeons & Dragons movie synopsis is not accurate." They haven't said any more or indicated how they've confirmed that.

The setup is about what I was expecting. (Although I thought it was originally pitched as being about Undermountain...?) Anyway, it could work. Depends on the execution. I think they're definitely aiming for an MCU vibe.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Did someone say no-talent wizard?
Rincewind.png

Mercurius

Legend
We've been talking about that quite a bit in previous threads. Best guess seems to be "the movie will be funny, but not a straight up comedy." So like Pirates of the Caribbean or Marvel movies.
OK, but how is that "subversive?" That just seems to be the norm with such action-adventure films. "Subversion" involves different from the norms. Heathers and Donnie Darko were subversive, MCU and Pirates are not.

Remove ads

Remove ads