Dark Fairytale IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan splashes to the shore, hating this underground world more than ever before.

"There is a story about a girl, a princess, lost in the woods. The world so different she couldn't relate in any way to her experiences. Everything was strange and terrifying. That's how I feel right now." he comments as the rest of the party starts making appearance.

Azurewraith

Explorer
What ever it was that Shavara saw is now moving towards the party at a rapid rate. The water slowing the groups moment will make escaping hard but not impossible. As the creatures close in it becomes clear that it is a great swarm of tiny fish with rows of jagged teeth, quippers, there appears to be two distinct swarms.
GM: So as has been stated you are 40ft from the shore, the water is technically difficult terrain so reduces your movement rate by half down to 15 ft. Those wearing heavy armour will need to make a dc 10 athletics roll or only be allowed one action around. Roll for initiative anyone above a 22 may act first.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Questions:
1) How far away from one another are we? i.e. did Leonan fall and started swimming and those after Shavara will drop on the swarm or behind them or we're assumed to go as a group?
2) Would Leonan know the effect of Thunderwave in the water? (if any special effects)

[roll0]
[roll1] - in case of casting...I should've rolled surge result too :) - will do later

OOC: I am also curious about where we are in relation to the swarms and the shore. Shavara would have to be closer to the shore than most others. I'm also curious about spellcasting in water, specifically a V,S spell.

Initiative: [roll0]

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: Sorry the last post was a bit vague I just wanted to get something posted before I left the house for the day. So the only people that said they where swimming was JM and Neurotic so they would be at a maximum 15-20ft from free rest of the group putting them at most 20 ft from the shore. the swarms are both 40ft from the bulk of the party.

As for casting I have thought about this and would conclude that you can make somatic component of a spell one handed as you can cast with only one free hand. I'm at work away from my books so unless someone knows of a ruling stating otherwise casting while staying afloat seems possible at least in calm water as you can use your free hand and legs to stay afloat this leads onto verbal components that unless you are dragged under you should also be fine. As for the spell thunder wave it's thunder damage not lightning so no issue with conduction but I would rule that the water is a unsecured object and would be pushed back by the spell by given the nature of water would fill the void again as soon as the effect ended. Putting it into more practical terms anyone in the area of the spell would automatically be pushed back 15ft and the caster would likely end up underwater at the end of casting the spell and be able to use their movement to swim back to the surface.

Any debate/questions

OOC: No, especially since the spell in question was Prestidigitation. Shavara wants to create a "harmless sensory effect": The scent of blood in the water close to the two swarms of fish. Hopefully it will distract the swarms long enough to get everyone to shore. Unfortunately, the range is only 10 feet, so that idea won't work. :(

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC:
OOC: No, especially since the spell in question was Prestidigitation. Shavara wants to create a "harmless sensory effect": The scent of blood in the water close to the two swarms of fish. Hopefully it will distract the swarms long enough to get everyone to shore. Unfortunately, the range is only 10 feet, so that idea won't work. :(
That was a really good idea could always swim closer and try it.

Remove ads