Dark Fairytale IC

OOC:
OOC: That was a really good idea could always swim closer and try it.
I don't think so. If the range were like 30 feet, it might be a good idea. But at 10 feet, anywhere she puts the scent places the rest of the party between the scent and the swarms. So the swarms would still be attracted to the party first. Her idea now depends on how wide the beach is: Get to shore, move 30+ feet left or right on the beach and then cast it 10 feet off shore in the hopes of luring the fish away from the party. Possibly less effective because of range. But I'm hoping blood is stronger than splashing around. Her low initiative doesn't help.

Shavara looks at the swarms and at the positions of the party. She calls out, "You can outswim the hungry fish in that heavy armor, Shildoor," to hopefully inspire him. "Swim that way. Not toward me," she says to everyone else, as she heads to the other way, in the direction of the same side of the pool the swarms are compared to the party. She full moves that direction, 10 feet and 5 feet closer to shore. She then casts Prestidigitation to create the scent of blood in the water 10 feet further in front of her and 10 feet away from shore. (It would work on a grid. :) 5E doesn't have 5/10/5/10 diagonals.)

OOC: I don't think I can let the fish get an action before they scent the blood. If they move be Shavara, they probably bloody the party something fierce. If my calculation is right, the "blood" is 50 ft away from the swarms on the perpendicular to shore axis. And 20 ft away on the parallel to shore axis. Hopefully that is within their "scent" range.

bonus action: Inspire Shildoor
move: swim as far out and remain one move action away from shore
action: cast spell

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: So a for init you all fall into group B

The two swarms of fish quickly close the gap their superior mobility is definitely evident in the water as they encircle the group 100s of fish spiral round looking for the softest points to attack. As they finally choose their targets Colember and Kaleth the fish focus on getting everywhere in backpacks, helmets and armour joints you name it and a fish is working its way into it biting and gnawing as they go. Through some stroke of luck both swarms of fish are unable to find any flesh to sink their teeth into.
GM: Wasted the good roll on init guess. You guys are up.

OOC: Ow my apoligies, Shildoor has No fondness for fishes or fighting in the water. So he'll Dash Swim to the Shore. But making sure he is the last one between his allies and the fishes.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Ow my apoligies, Shildoor has No fondness for fishes or fighting in the water. So he'll Dash Swim to the Shore. But making sure he is the last one between his allies and the fishes.

OOC: So they have more to eat? Just swim, I'm waiting to blast them when you all clear out. [MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION], I'll change my spell from thunderwave to ice knife. It will also explode, but hopefully instead of pulling me in, it will create temporary barrier and maybe even push me backwards. Shooting as soon as others pass me by (by single move this round I should be 5' from the shore and waiting) - unless you rule I didn't know that possible effect of the thunderwave is pushing water away...

Surge result: 1D10000 = [7129] = 7129
Targets dominant hand inflates to a one-foot diameter - I'm guessing, no effect :(

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: I reckon your smart enough to figure out what would happen with thunder wave in the water. As for your giant hand it would give advantage on catching baseballs. I'll finish breakfast and figure out who is where and get back to you all.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases