Dark*Matter: Discovery

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
What about Archivist, from Heroes of Horror?

I haven't read it fully, but I just took a glance at it, and it looks good, but you take it straight out of the book as is, or modify it a bit for a modern setting?

iwatt

First Post
We need a game plan here. We gonna splitt he party, or stick together?

The way I see it we have to do the following:

A) Come up with questions for the cops (get them to do the legwork).

B) Do the occult research thing at the institute.

C) do some legwork ourselves.

So let's come up with some questions we need answers for first.

1) Anything connecting the sacrifices, or are they victims of circumstance? I'd have the cops run this (Cade/Meredith review the data they sent him) as well as the institute (Nick, put that monstrous research to work :D ).

2) Look for similar marking in the other victims? Cade/Meredith should check the medical reports.

3) What creature could have caused them? Nick do your thing.

4) Talk to the victims friends and family. I assume the cops already did the same for the previous victims, so reviewing the data should tell us if we should go ask some additional questions, with more of an occult bent. For the latest victim, I reckon the best choice is to send Diego to ask the questions. Probably changing to street clothes first ;) If necessary Larry will go as well (if Diego thinks it could help).

5) I'm probably missing something, so lets brainstorm....

Shayuri

First Post
Visiting the past crime scenes may yield some fruit. Partly to see if there's any suspicious types hanging out (revisting past crime scenes?), partly to see if anyone ELSE is researching this (possibly interfering), and partly to see if there's any fragments of whatever made those punctures, especially where whatever it was augered into walls and bricks and so on. Even metal could leave scrapings behind.

Friadoc

Explorer
I'd definately say hitting the other crime scenes would do us some good, mainly to see if we can find similar marks at the scene. This would be a good thing, in addition to knowing if they were/are on the other bodies, as well.

Checking news footage in serial/ritual cases is SOP (standard operating procedure), not only should the cops have done it, but Hoffmann should - if no on either front, then we should check into the footage, or assign someone to it. :D

I could easily see us break into two groups - possibly even three - with a heavy emphasis on avoiding combat until we're a whole group again.

Two groups: Diego and Larry (or someone) running down the ganger lead with Nick, Meredith and Cade running down the research angles.

Three groups: Nick and Meredith checking scenes and bodies, Diego and Larry running down human intel/ganger lead with Cade as a nexus/info hub back at Hoffmann.

However, if we go with splitting up, ICly Cade would stress security first, I.E. a run first, fight second standing.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts so far. :D

industrygothica

Adventurer
To be honest, I am somewhat opposed to splitting up the group at this point. Not to the point where I'll bitch and moan about it; I'll go with the majority rule, but that it my two cents nonetheless. I agree that some time needs to be spent researching this. Hopefully with what we have and a few non-interrupted hours, the Hoffmann library and news archives will be able to tell us what is really going on.

Shayuri

First Post
Splitting up: Definitely a risk. If we assume that we're not the only ones out there interested in this, we will be making ourselves tempting targets. Of course, split up we can accomplish more simultaneously, and we ARE up against the clock here.

There's pros and cons. But we maybe should discuss it IC, because the consequences of splitting up (or not) will be IC...

Falkus

Explorer
Here's something to help that I just whipped up, a plotting of the murder sites so far on a street map of Chicago. You're currently at the one at West Ohio and North Franklin, in the upper left corner of the map.

Attachments

• Chicago map.JPG
    Chicago map.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 64

Remove ads