Dirty Fighting and multiple attacks

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'm pretty certain this question has been asked before but Search is disabled so...

One of my players is planning to take Dirty Fighting from Sword & Fist. The character uses two weapon fighting and next level his BAB will go up to +6.

First, does the character inflict the extra 1d4 damage on each of his two attacks from two weapon fighting?

Second, does the character inflict the extra 1d4 damage on each of his iterative attacks?

I appologize if the answers to these are somehow obvious from other material contained within Sword & Fist but the player has that book in his possession right now so I can't go straight to the source.

Thanks.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Dirty Fighting isn't worth takling - it takes a full round action to use, so you only get a single attack. See the D&D FAQ for clarification and additional options.

kreynolds

First Post
RE: Dirty Fighting isn't worth takling...

He's right. You give up all extra attacks to be able to deal an extra 1d4 points of damage on a single attack. The benefit to this is that if you miss your first attack, you can simply continue on with the rest of your attacks. You only lose them if you successfully hit and choose to deal extra damage. However, you must hit with your first attack to deal extra damage.

There's a dragon mag with Improved Dirty Fighting; allowing you to do more extra damage. Only worth it if you're not a rogue, get multiple attacks, do little damage (low Str?) and don't have a good special ability on your weapon. For instance, a low-Strength swashbuckler who doesn't attack with multiple weapons.

Or as above, if you like haste.

HeavyG

First Post
Dirty fighting can be a good choice for low-level goons/mooks with no prospects of ever getting a second attack.

Poor guys.

Remove ads