Discussion: Possible M&M

Insight

Adventurer
For those of you thinking about character ideas...

More will be explained in the actual recruitment thread, but consider taking a look at either of the Hunter books from White Wolf. I'd like to see characters' powers in that same vein, with probably a bit more variation (allowing for the much wider variety in the M&M rules). The tone of the game is going to be somewhat similar to that of the Hunter game, but you will be much more of an organized unit and it won't be quite as grim n gritty.

Insight

Adventurer
And if we don't have access to a copy of hunter?

As I said, more will be explained in the recruitment thread. Not having a copy of Hunter is not going to inhibit your ability to make a character or play the game. It will probably make a bit more sense if you can get your hands on a copy of either book, but it's not essential.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Could you describe a bit that essences that you speak off? I'm not trying to sound critic here, but it surely something that was already done by someone else somewhere in the past, heh.
Like Picasso said, good artists copy, great artists steal.

Insight

Adventurer
In Hunter, the characters are somewhat divinely inspired. Or at least, they seem to be. Some believe in the religious aspects of their powers, while others believe their abilities to come from sheer willpower or something else entirely.

In terms of the powers themselves, here is a list of the ones found in Hunter: the Vigil:

Advanced Armory: Modern, militaristic devices with supernatural powers, especially effective against "creatures of the night".
Benediction: A series of rituals with healing, protective, and even exorcism abilities.
Castigation: Calling upon demons and making use of demonic powers (and dealing with the consequences of such).
Elixir: Concocting potions and mixtures of various kinds.
Relic: More devices, this time with more of a religious, ancient bent than a modern one.
Thaumatechnology: Mixing science and the supernatural in the form of implants, grafts, and other medical procedures.

Like I said previously, I would like to expand upon this rather limited list with a more dynamic breadth of powers available to the player characters. Really, the whole idea of using Hunter as a basis is more of a "feel" thing than trying to force anyone into a particular set of powers.

The power sources will be divine, psionic, shadow, and sorcery. Characters should generally have one power source, although I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with a character having powers of different descriptors, depending on the character concept.

Walking Dad

First Post
Should I mention I also got the old 'Hunter's Hunted' books ;)

Please post a link to the recruitment thread here and save me a spot. I will not be able to post on EN World until Sunday evening this weekend.

Remove ads