• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

Myth and Legend

First Post
Yes i like Kye's determination, he makes the Paldins look not dedicated :) This is and was intended as a dark campaign, with all the adult elements, but comic relief is good! I'm wandering what Kye would do if he ever got to the top of the Temple of Helm :D Maybe join up with the Lathandreans and lead up more crusades?

BTW welcome back to Voda Vosa! Can you please clarify what Thok meant? :)

As far as XP is concerned, the quality of RPing always matters, but i haven't given the same stuations to all the players, and i do not want anyone to feel disadvantaged because they joined at a later time or had to go on a vacation, or didn't get to fight a Banshee. I can tell you that i enjoy everyone's RPing - Kye is a determined man of the faith, Latham is a self-serving and efficient Wizard, Alevyth is a pure-minded warrior that has a secret from the rest of the world (those shapechanging abilities, how would he handle himself if he was in bed with a girl? :)), Sensalar values his forefather's legacy and honours nature, a perfect blend of a monotheistic religion and druidism. Herriman hasn't been around much, but i trust in DW's abilities, and he seems like a quick-witted and skilled thief.

Overall I am thinking this - the main reason we even started at lvl 8 is so i can have 2 levels as a "buffer" to adjust CR and loot (new to DM-ing remember?). I had intended from the start to have the really nasty TPK-potential things come at lvl 10 and onward. Also PBP is slow, but i am determined to have the party reach lvl 20, maybe do a timeskip once you are done with the VOTD and go in to Epic levels.

So my plan is to award 1/3 of the XP you need to level up tonight, + some minor bonuses for things i enjoyed personally. Overall though you will stay the same level, just some will get more cushion XP that can be used for crafting or spells or whatever. Thoughts?

Theroc

First Post
I've no objection to XP, but I do not believe Alevyth has anything to do with the XP except level up. He may see about getting his kneeblades blessed by the Lathandrians if he has some leftover wealth to make his backup better, but I don't think that uses XP.

Myth and Legend

First Post
The IC has been updated! It's a big post but i wanted to both add atmosphere for immersion, and also get to the more interesting stuff. As i said in the sblock already, if you want to reply or comment on anything, do so and i will edit in the replies.

BTW Dragonwriter and ethandrew - i have posted your situation for several days now, when you are ready you may continue. Since Keht is Latham's servant i cannot NPC him and thus cannot have him act after seeing the Halfing tailing them.

Theroc

First Post
M&L said:
BTW i'm really wandering how come Alevyth and Sensalar didn't ask about the Valley when it was mentioned, and Kye didn't ask about the Paladins. Was that by choice or did i overwhelm you guys with posts?

Alevyth came due to rumors of the Valley, I thought. So he'd recognize the reference. Or wouldn't he? I may have been confused due to the time since I wrote the character or missed something.

Btw, once I get some time, Alevyth will be attempting to stop the fight, whether he has to bloody some dwarves or not. :p

Myth and Legend

First Post
Well naturally every PC has heard of the Valley but when Bran mentioned what he had heard, both about the history and the ward, you guys just ignored that information. Well then again Bran isn't exactly a wizened scholar :)

By the way since we started so long ago you might want or re-read some of the world information, there is an entry on the Dwarves and their position in Angelwatch.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads