Dragonlance Dragonlance: Solamnic Knights & Mages of High Sorcery Preview

WotC has shared another preview of the upcoming Dragonlance setting/adventure with a look at backgrounds and feats for Solamnic Knights and Mages of High Sorcery. Feats include Squire of Solamnia and Initiate of High Sorcery. Interestingly, one prerequisite is "Dragonlance Campaign", which implies that the feats can't be used outside that setting...

WotC has shared another preview of the upcoming Dragonlance setting/adventure with a look at backgrounds and feats for Solamnic Knights and Mages of High Sorcery.

knights-of-solamnia.jpg

Feats include Squire of Solamnia and Initiate of High Sorcery. Interestingly, one prerequisite is "Dragonlance Campaign", which implies that the feats can't be used outside that setting.

Stormonu

Legend
Count me as another who liked low-light vision.

I remember too many arguments about infravision back in the day, though, to ever want it back. Also, infravision was different in that you couldn't see undead with it, as their dead bodies were the same temperature as the surroundings.

Ultravision was peculiar, the only race I remember having it was Drow.

Animals with infravision from the real life.

* Some times I miss the knight as class, not only a subclass. Why not anything like the cavalier class from Pathfinder?

97101.jpg

4e11c5e0195c170bfafb30660484156b.jpg

1667719796050.png

Also I like the idea of dracolyte, like a hybrid fighter-arcane, or an arcane version of paladin, but whose boss is a dragon, or a dragon-worshipper cult.

Or a remake of the crusaders class, from 3.5 Tome of Battle.

crusader.jpg

wellis

Explorer
Back in the day, D&D (and the rest of media - for ex., Krull) tended to be much more free about mixing fantasy & sci-fi. It's a lot more gated and separate these days.
Honestly, I don't think WotC nowadays has the creativeness of TSR. It may have been a poorly run company but it seems like it was a hell of a lot more creative.

Stormonu

Legend
Honestly, I don't think WotC nowadays has the creativeness of TSR. It may have been a poorly run company but it seems like it was a hell of a lot more creative.
Oh, I think they're plenty creative, but the constraints have changed - from above and below. Every time they try to reach too far out of the box that "is D&D", they get yelled at by the fans as either too different or straying too far from established canon.

Remove ads

Remove ads