Dwimmermount IC:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Midgrim gestures Klyman back to them. [COLOR="#B222220"]"The abominations will have ta wait 'til we're fresh, Makers curse them ta the groundless hells above!"[/COLOR]

Then, upon hearing of the kodold's position from the returning thief: "So they're guarding THIS bit? That's a laugh!" He boots one of the fallen kobolds in the skull, "And this lot must've been the guard-shift afore this one, rest of the clan slithering down that travelled tunnel right off of here... Let's go spider hunting then, friends! If we're lucky, maybe we'll gather poison enough ta kill the whole lot of them!"

"Anybody got some spare oil? Or a torch?" Fire works great on spiders.

Imperialus

Explorer
Looking back down the corridor with the cobwebs. The webs themselves don't look too thick, but there are a lot of them. Clement peers down the corridor and pulls an oil flask out of his pack. "What do you say gentlemen, are we doing this?

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Wait a moment..." says Jimi quickly, "what's the plan here? We set the webs aflame to draw out the spiders... then make a run for it? Lure them to the kobolds? Is there some place between this corridor and the kobold's lair that we can draw them both to, and then retreat to a safe distance?"

Binder Fred

"Thought we'd covered this," says Midgrim under his breath, mostly towards his brother, but he lets the others speak up if they want to -- though he does add: "Yee don't 'draw' beasts by setting things on fire, priest." Then a sudden show of teeth: "Only humanoids are that stupid."

The rest of creation has had tougher teachers.

OOC: So no torch for Midgrim?

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"I much agree with Midgrim. Lighting a fire is no way to draw anyone towards something, except maybe the mentally deficient. Now, it's a slam bang way to draw people away from something! Especially in an enclosed space with a limited oxygen supply, like, I don't know, say, narrow tunnels underground?? I'm not a huge fan of the big fire, anyway, but if it's what the rest want, I won't complain much, just give me plenty of warning and a head start."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi stutters "No, no... I meant, we set the webs on fire so the spiders would flee towards the kobolds... I don't know what I meant. Never mind." He sighs. Short tempers, these Dwarves..

"I have some spare lamp oil, if it's fire you want. Tell me what you need, and I'll do it."

Diplomacy and tact... just as they taught me at the temple...

Binder Fred

"Keep it near at hand," replies the dwarf, "and we'll all keep our eyes open for anything that says 'ambush'," he adds by way of consolation for Jimmy.

No torch for him, apparently, so Midgrim unlimbers his ten feet pole and starts carefully tapping his way into the webbed corridor. "This one doesn't look too travelled, friends, so let's be careful..."

OOC: How heavy are the lithified kobold's, Imperialus? If they're moveable, Midgrim (and Gargrim?) will drag them away from the main path so they aren't quite that obvious before leaving.

Imperialus

Explorer
The Kobolds can be dragged, it isn't terribly easy, but between the two dwarves they can move them.

Poking at the webs as you go small clutches of spiders scatter out of the way. Clemit's lit torch causes some of the smaller webs to vaporize in puffs of smoke as he follows. The main webs look quite thick, and after poking at them with the pole you realize that if you manage to get entangled it would be very difficult to move. Several cocoons are visible hanging from the webs.

Party Surprise Roll [1d6] = 2 Party Surprise

Midgrim is surprised as a weight, equal to about that of a small dog suddenly strikes him in the back, those behind him see a spider drop from the ceiling and affix itself to the dwarf trying to bite through his chainmail.

Spider to hit [1d20] = 5 damage [1d8] = 2

Party Initiative [1d6] = 2
Monster Initiative [1d6] = 3

Spider to hit [1d20] = 9 damage [1d8] = 6

The spider bites ferociously at Midgrim's back but it's fangs are unable to find a weak point in the chain links. Midgrim you feel the venom drip from the fangs and down your back as the beast slavers all over you.

You guys are up.

In progress map.png

Binder Fred

"See? Plenty of poison," points out the dwarf, though his voice isn't entirely steady. He slams his back against a rocky tunnel extrusion, <hopefully> squashing some of the life out of his foe and dropping it to the cavern floor.

1d20=4, 1d6+1=6

Remove ads