log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

EarlyBird

First Post
"Necromancer!?" the constable says looking around to make sure nobody from town was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Not wishing to discuss this outside he takes you all into the butcher shop and closes the door. He moves to a small writing desk and begins shuffling through some papers. After a moment he finds what he is looking for and brings a small map to the worktable, moving a slab of half carved up pig out of the way.

[sblock=Map]
RedLarchEnvirons_1.jpg[/sblock]

"So west," he mumbles looking at the map. "Ah! Lance Rock!" he exclaims taking a nearby charcoal stick and marking the map. "That must be it. Didn't know there were any caves about, but their could be. That terrain is hilly and rocky enough."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

"So there have been no rumors of anything in that area?" Talin scratches his chin. "From my understanding necromancers need bodies to ply their craft. Any missing bodies or grave robbing going on? Any indication there is anything in those hills?"

Talin looked down at the hole the arrow punched through the armor covering his thigh. He will need to have them repaired or replaced before they head out to this Lance Rock. He also needed to distribute the coin they have gathered from the bandits and that random cave.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Well, let's head back to the inn and get some food and rest. Head out in the morning," Terry says. "Although, how will we know anyone we find out there has anything to do with these bandits we found on the road here?"
 

hero4hire

First Post
Cyan took the coin with a serpentine smile. "Having tasted the thrill of adventure I must say I have found it as intoxicating as any of my most potent potables. However, I believe I will need something a bit thicker on my hide."
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Looking to Talin the constable shakes his head. "No, no trouble I've heard of. Could be new and the hunter attack was their first attempt to collect bodies."

He rubs a hand across his head looking truly confused. "Things like this don't happen around Red Larch. Were a quiet out of the way place overlooked by evil monsters and men." Truly shaken he adds. "First the Mirabar caravan and now a necromancer."
 



EarlyBird

First Post
Talin and Cyan make for Ironhead Arms and spend some time talking to the owner Ironhead, a half-orc and old caravan guard, that is happy to help them upgrade their armor. As he adjusts straps and fits pieces he talks of old trips he has taken and places he has seen.

OOC: All and all a pleasant experience. You may trade in your armor and purchase something new.


After a solemn talk about guard patrols and the need for walls, the group takes their leave of Constable Harburk. It was decided before the group left that he would write a letter his uncle in Waterdeep, hoping that he would know some people to help Red Larch in this time of need.

They have their own plans to make as a necromancer should not be allowed to work his evil, and in the morning they were going to put a stop to whatever it is he was doing.

OOC: Group is now all settled into an early meal, and you can discuss any plans. Or any purchases, before you leave.

Just let me know when your ready for the thread to be advanced to the morning/trip to Lance Rock.
 

hero4hire

First Post
While at Ironhead Arms, Cyan tries out several swords from the racks and gives them some experimental swings. She takes a straight blade, perhaps 2 hands longer than her short blades and begins to bargain.

OOC: Long story short. Buying longsword and scale mail. Selling Leather and a short sword.
 


EarlyBird

First Post
Terry has a pleasant bath, washing off the days sweat and grime. Tramping through the forest on the look out for bandits isn't as pleasurable as walks looking for herbs and speaking to creatures of the forest.

During the time she makes idle chatter with the women working in the bathhouse. The strange weather peeks her interest and she discovers that it seems to have started about six months ago. Storms out of clear skies, small earthquakes that lasts for a minute or more, and the cold winds out of the east. Learning they are recent she tucks that information away in the back of her mind.

OOC: Will advance to the morning by FRI, if everyone is ready.
 

Talin smiles as he leaves Ironhead Arms. He had only intended to repair his leathers but Feng had some studded leathers that fit. After some back and forth Talin convinced the half-orc to take his old leathers and some coin for the charcoal grey studded leathers. Talin whistles as he turns up The Long Road heading towards Gaelkur's place. He pulls one of the braided rings from his pouch and starts to roll it across his knuckles. Talin walks into the barber's place nodding to any locals present.

"Marlandro my good man, I need a trim. Do you think you can squeeze me in?"

OOC: Going to see if I can get any gossip form Gaelkur's. I'm also going to see if I can pawn one of the rings.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
The barber smiles and nods to the empty chair. "What you got there?" he asks as Talin takes the seat.

The man inspects the ring and tsks, "No gold in it. Not worth much to me." he says handing the ring back.

During the trim he grumbles about the lost Mirabar caravan and the items he wanted to purchase. "Had saved up a bunch of 'new coin' and was hoping to make some deals. They were probably robbed and murdered, somewhere in the Hills. To much ground to walk about and cover to ever find them."

OOC: Make an Insight check while he was talkng.
The rings are silver and electrum, no gold in them. So he'll trade one for 10gp.
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
Terry heads back to the tavern for dinner, meeting up with the others. "Some of the women at the bath say the weather has been weird of late. Sudden storms from clear skies. I wonder if that is important."
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: I didn't post the Insight check??? Where did that go? Some other thread maybe, lol - I may have to many, at that.


Talin knows the rings are worth more than the man is offering, but it is when he talks about "new coins" that decides the rogue to take the offer anyway.

Later while seating at dinner and talking of storms and if everyone has a mace or hammer (for skeletons, lol), Talin scratches at some of the coins Marlandro gave him. Sure enough it is as he thought, the coins were just lightly gilded brass, and he now had the proof, he would need to send a letter to the guild in Yartar in the morning.

The poor barber was in serious trouble if he had been sending counterfeit coins to the guild.

OOC: Going to advance to the cave tomorrow, sorry for the delay. Busier weekend than normal.
5 coins are fake so only received 5gp for the ring
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Oh my goodness, somehow I got unsubscribed from this thread! I’m here, though! Let’s just st say Captain Barakas Stormsword got drunk and stayed that way until now. He does need to get himself a Maul, though.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
The morning dawns cool and foggy, a perfect grey day for the grim task before you. News of what you intend to do has spread through the gossip of the small town, and you are greeted by nods and a tip of the hat here and there as you move through Red Larch.

Talin rejoins the group along the road, after sending off his letter to Yartar. And with the fog Captain Barakas walks along with the group, as scouting from the air will have to wait till the sun burns away the clouds along the ground.

Your destination, Lance Rock is some eight miles southwest of Red Larch, and not hard to spot from the Cairn Road, now the fog has past.

Lance Rock is a narrow, twenty-five foot menhir of bare, gray rock that juts eastward at a sixty-degree angle.

Looking about the area Terry finds an animal trail that leads to a stone ravine choked with brush, some hundred feet from the menhir.

Following the path, it leads you directly to a cave, possibly the former home of some wild or monstrous creature. But a neatly painted sign staked into the ground near the entrance tells everyone you are in the right place.

Come no closer
lest you catch
the disfiguring plague
that afflicts me!
The Lord of Lance Rock

The cave mouth opens into darkness from which a breezes blows, carrying the faint odor of death. Inside is a natural cave, its floor and ceiling uneven. A passage leads to the north, narrowing as it proceeds.

The corpse of a human male is sprawled inside the cave, lying on its back. It wears only leather breeches.

[sblock=Group Status]
Barakas
AC:18, HP: 11/11, HD: 1/1(1d8), 1/1(1d6), WotS: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Cyan
AC:16, HP: 18/18, HD: 1/1(1d8+1), 1/1(1d10+1), SW: 1/1, BW: 1/1
Niklos
AC:14 HP: 17/17, HD: 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Talin
AC:16, HP: 15/15, HD 1/1(1d8+2), 1/1(1d6+2), Evil Eye: 1/1, Spells: 2/0/0
Terry
AC:16, HP: 17/17, HD 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
necro cave_L1_PC.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Please give me a list of your prepared spells for the day in your next post. You may discuss as a group what you wish to take to avoid to much overlay.
 

After a breakfast of milk and cookies, Niklos gathers his belongings and joins the others on the trek to Lance Rock.
As they walk, he puffs on his pipe, the bubbles encircling his head like a wreath.

[sblock="STATUS"]AC: 14
HP: 17/17
HD: 2/2 (1d8+2)
Channel Divinity Per Short Rest1
Channel Divinity used0
1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th
Spells Per Long Rest3--------
Spells Cast0--------
[/sblock][sblock="SPELLS"]Cantrips:
Sacred Flame
Spare the Dying
Word of Radiance#​
1st level:
Bless+*#d
Cure Wounds+d
Guiding Bolt+
Healing Word+
Purify Food and Drink^
Sanctuary#
Shield of Faith*#​
+ Spell benefits from higher casting level. * Spell requires concentration. ^ Spell can be cast as a ritual.
# Requires a spell focus or cheap material component. $ Requires a material component that costs money. d Domain spell.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Terry wakes with the sunrise and performs her morning prayers. There's a knock on her door during them and she stands and answers the door.
"Miss Terry?" inquires a young girl. She is in her late teens, twenty at the most. Her clothing is worn, handed down perhaps from an older sibling, but clean.
"Ah, Jorleen, here about the job? Please come in." Terry says. "What did Miss Hanadroum tell you about what I need?"
"Miss Hanadroum said you was lookin' to find a chamber maid. I know sewin' an' washin' an' cleanin', Miss Terry."
"That's exactly what I need," Terry says. "The thing is. I don't need a chamber maid every day. Some days I'll be out of town and there would be nothing for you to do. Likewise, I don't need someone to help me dress." She points at her armor. "I'm guessing you haven't much experience with putting on armor. And I don't need, or frankly want, someone fussing over me as I get dressed anyway. And I don't need you to blow out my lamp at night."

"I see, Ma'am." Jorleen answers twisting at the ties of her belt.

Terry resists the urge to say "you can just call me Terry." Jorleen is young and she didn't want her getting into a habit that some nobles would beat her for. "So, I'm paying 3 sp each day I'm here and chores need performing. And days when I'm not here, you'll get a 5 cp retainer."

"Ma'am is quite generous," she says with sincerity.

"So I'm actually not going to be around today. But as this is your first day, I do have some washing that needs done." Terry points to her set of clothes she is not wearing. "And you should wash these beddings. Ask the innkeeper where you can do the laundry. Also, sweep up this floor. Let me introduce you to the innkeeper so she knows you are allowed in my room."

After they do this, they return to the room where Terry finishes getting her adventuring stuff together and her armor on. "Okay, good luck. I don't know if I'll be back in the morning so just stop by to see if I'm here. Here's you 3 sp for the day. I trust you'll finish your work with proper diligence."

"Yes, ma'am," Jorleen says eyeing the silver pieces like she's never seen so much money before.

"Don't disappoint me or Miss Hanadroum, Jorleen," Terry says as she leaves to meet the others for breakfast.

OOC: Spelllist same as yesterday.

1st level: Animal Friendship!+#, Bless, Cure Wounds+, Guiding Bolt+, Shield of Faith#*, Speak with Animals!

And remembered to deduct 3 sp from character sheet. And I added Jorleen's back story to Terry's char sheet. :)
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top