D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Necromancer!?" the constable says looking around to make sure nobody from town was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Not wishing to discuss this outside he takes you all into the butcher shop and closes the door. He moves to a small writing desk and begins shuffling through some papers. After a moment he finds what he is looking for and brings a small map to the worktable, moving a slab of half carved up pig out of the way.

[sblock=Map]
RedLarchEnvirons_1.jpg[/sblock]

"So west," he mumbles looking at the map. "Ah! Lance Rock!" he exclaims taking a nearby charcoal stick and marking the map. "That must be it. Didn't know there were any caves about, but their could be. That terrain is hilly and rocky enough."

"So there have been no rumors of anything in that area?" Talin scratches his chin. "From my understanding necromancers need bodies to ply their craft. Any missing bodies or grave robbing going on? Any indication there is anything in those hills?"

Talin looked down at the hole the arrow punched through the armor covering his thigh. He will need to have them repaired or replaced before they head out to this Lance Rock. He also needed to distribute the coin they have gathered from the bandits and that random cave.

"Well, let's head back to the inn and get some food and rest. Head out in the morning," Terry says. "Although, how will we know anyone we find out there has anything to do with these bandits we found on the road here?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Cyan took the coin with a serpentine smile. "Having tasted the thrill of adventure I must say I have found it as intoxicating as any of my most potent potables. However, I believe I will need something a bit thicker on my hide."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Looking to Talin the constable shakes his head. "No, no trouble I've heard of. Could be new and the hunter attack was their first attempt to collect bodies."

He rubs a hand across his head looking truly confused. "Things like this don't happen around Red Larch. Were a quiet out of the way place overlooked by evil monsters and men." Truly shaken he adds. "First the Mirabar caravan and now a necromancer."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Talin and Cyan make for Ironhead Arms and spend some time talking to the owner Ironhead, a half-orc and old caravan guard, that is happy to help them upgrade their armor. As he adjusts straps and fits pieces he talks of old trips he has taken and places he has seen.

OOC: All and all a pleasant experience. You may trade in your armor and purchase something new.

After a solemn talk about guard patrols and the need for walls, the group takes their leave of Constable Harburk. It was decided before the group left that he would write a letter his uncle in Waterdeep, hoping that he would know some people to help Red Larch in this time of need.

They have their own plans to make as a necromancer should not be allowed to work his evil, and in the morning they were going to put a stop to whatever it is he was doing.

OOC: Group is now all settled into an early meal, and you can discuss any plans. Or any purchases, before you leave.

Just let me know when your ready for the thread to be advanced to the morning/trip to Lance Rock.

hero4hire

Explorer
While at Ironhead Arms, Cyan tries out several swords from the racks and gives them some experimental swings. She takes a straight blade, perhaps 2 hands longer than her short blades and begins to bargain.

OOC: Long story short. Buying longsword and scale mail. Selling Leather and a short sword.

Remove ads