D&D 5E EB's KotB: (Group 2) Soul of the Lions

OOC: For a round trip (2,500 feet), the overland rates are:
Slow pace = 200'/min. (allows stealth): 12.5 min.
Normal pace = 300'/min.: 8.3 min.
Fast pace = 400'/min. (-5 passive perception): 6.25 min.

But since we'll be blazing the trail for the workers, it would take longer the first time.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: All that math checks out, if the group decides to do some trailblazing. Still up in the air on that.
Take a vote: Patrol or set a watch around the workers?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Split the party! LOL Tassarion would volunteer to stealth scout ahead while the rest guard. Anyone else good with stealth could also. And just realized, while he has a decent stealth (+3), I didn't give him proficiency! LOL

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Advancing...

For the past two days the group of guardians have moved out on small patrols only a quarter to a third of a mile from the workers setup, and back. Sahrax's alarm covering the opposite compass point to warn them if anything troublesome comes in from the rear.

It is evening on the second day and the group is in the middle of dinner, when far off to the east they hear a warhorn's call. The distinct high-pitched twill of an elven warhorn.

And the sounder is in distress.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tassarion Liadon
Hullack Woods
Day 2/Evening
Round 0

Tassarion looked up quickly, tilting his head to listen to the elven warhorn. He knew the sound. Quickly he put down his dinner and snatched up his bow and quiver.

“Trouble,” was all he said, heading into the woods to check out the sound.

Stealth: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action: (Extra Attack)
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
HP: 37/37
HD: 5/5 1d10+1
Arrows: 60
Arrows used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Arcane Shot (2/2/R): Grasping Arrow or Seeking Arrow
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Not my alarm," Sahrax says with some surprise, getting up from his seat. "We need to help someone out."

Already into his spellcasting, the elf wizard finishes his spell within seconds as a faint shimmer surrounds him then vanishes. Then he motions for the others to follow him and moves in the direction where Tassarion just disappeared into the forest.

OOC: Casting Mage Armor on myself, improving my AC to 15 for the next 8 hours.

Remove ads