• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E EB's KotB: (Group 2) Soul of the Lions

Radaceus

Villager
OOC: I mean follow up behind. 25 ft. Charm range is 30'... I see the creature is about 50 ft away from Ungar

Edit: more specifically . moving to M7, I assume the Wolf moved/moves up
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Tassarion Liadon
Hullack Woods
Day 2/Evening
Round 1

Initiative: 12

Tassarion loaded his bow. Lorelei was speaking Sylvan to the creature, trying to calm it, so he held his shot. The wood elf disappeared into the trees, moving into position to get a better shot at the creature if it proved to be hostile to them, fading into the foliage.

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move: To I7
Action: (Extra Attack): Hide with Mask of the Wild
Stealth: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
HP: 37/37
HD: 5/5 1d10+1
Arrows: 60
Arrows used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Arcane Shot (2/2/R): Grasping Arrow or Seeking Arrow
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Intelligence(Nature) - both good rolls, you both might not know what this thing is, but you do know what it isn't: it is neither plant, animal, a fey, nor an abberation of the forest/swamp. Also know that it isn't a shambling mound as they have a more rounded appearance and not so humaniod. Ungar and Lorelei should each make a Wisdom(Insight) check DC 13.


As Erevan loops forward to check on the poor messenger, Ungar comes up behind him and studies the swamp giant a moment. Not knowing what it is he is facing, the dwarven cleric calls upon the forces of nature to aid him. A glowing spear apprears beside the creature ready to strike.

Lorelei moves calmly speaking to the swamp thing as she also studies it. There is no response from the creature and the half-elf realizes it is not a creature of the fey wild, and looks deeper to find out. As she does so Tassarion comes up behind here in the cover of the trees his bow at the ready.

Being very cautious Sahrax stays where he is and brings about even more protective magic, just in case.

The head of the creature swivels as the two red glowing eyes follow the huge wolf. It let's out a horribly cry as it rushes to stop him from stealing its food. One of its huge claws digs deep into the wolves flank before it has time to get out of the way.

[sblock=Rolls]
Ungar will get an attack from last round with his spear, and then can move it and attack this round if he wishes.

Swamp Giant vs Erevan claw: [roll]1d20+2[/roll, DMG: [roll0]
Swamp Giant vs Erevan claw: [roll]1d20+2[/roll, DMG: [roll1]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Block]
Erevan, as dire wolf
AC:14, HP:25/37, HD 5/5, WS: 1/2, Spells; 4/3/2/0
Tassarion
AC:15, HP:37/37, HD 5/5, SW: 1/1, Action: 1/1, AShot: 2/2, hiding(DC10)
Sahrax
AC:15, HP:19/19, HD 5/5, Portent: 17, 18; AR:1/1, Spells; 4/2/2/0, mage armor, mirror image(3), 9/10 rounds
Ungar
AC:18, HP:51/51, HD 5/5, CD: 1/1, Spells; 4/2/2/0, spiritual weapon 9/10 rounds
Lorelei
AC:15, HP:35/35, HD 5/5, FP: 1/1, Spells; 2/2 (3rd lvl), resistance 8/10 rounds

Swamp Giant
AC:15, HP:84/84
Elven Warrior
AC:15, HP: 00/11, dead
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
swamp-giant_02.jpg[/sblock]
 
Erevan bites the Swamp Giant
[roll0]
[roll1] piercing damage
OOC: The Swamp Giant needs to make a DC 13 Strength Saving throw, or be knocked prone.
 

Radaceus

Villager
Realizing an elf is mutilated, the dwarf no longer cares if the creature can be calmed, survival is for those who act not those who wait, this is the law of nature.

Ungar growls out "Swamp thing die, no good to live!" and moves forward towards the creature, propping back and releasing his spear which flies wide as it glances through the foliage. He twists his now empty hand and calls out to his spiritual weapon, "Sylvanje!' Snapping his fingers in the swamp creatures direction and the spectral spear speeds toward its target striking true. He readies a hand axe from his belt, preparing to engage.

[sblock=Actions]
[roll='Insight Check']1d20+6[/roll] to determine if this is the creature from the black lagoon...
rolling for the previous round attack with spectral weapon [roll]1d20+6[/roll] if hit: [roll]1d6+3[/roll]
Saves:
Move: To N9
Action: Throw main hand spear 1d20+6=(12) missing
Bonus Action: Move the Spiritual spear to Q11 and make an attack, 1d20+6=(24) for 1d6+3 (7) piercing damage (oops i rolled the old school 1d8 not 1d6, rerolled second link)
Free Object Interaction: Ready a hand axe to main hand
Reaction:
Conditions:
Inspiration: from KaylessNestor for the Actions and MiniStat format :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 18 (chain 16, Shield+2)
Main hand: Hand Axe ( Spear thrown)
Off Hand: Shield
HP: 51/51
HD: 5/5 1d8+3
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Spellcasting: Spell Attack Modifier= +6 Spell Save DC= 14
Spell Slots (1st level(4/4), 2nd level (2/3), 3rd level (2/2)
Character Sheet
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As soon as it is clear that the monster cannot be reasoned with, the four elven wizards who all look like Sahrax move forward and start casting the same spell. The words coming from four mouths, the hands all moving in the same pattern, and the bright magical arrows erupting from all four figures are very disorienting, and each of those twelve magic bolts hit the creature simultaneously!

OOC: Move to L6 (the duplicates as well), then casting Magic Missile as a 1st level spell. Three darts (although it seems there are 4x3=12) of 1d4+1 damage each, auto-hit. Total damage: [roll0]
[sblock=Ministats]AC:15, HP:19/19, HD 5/5, Portent: 17, 18; AR:1/1, mage armor, mirror image
Cantrips known (4+racial): Chill Touch, Fire Bolt, Message (racial), Minor Illusion, Toll The Dead
Spells prepared (9): Detect Magic (concentration), Ice Knife, Mage Armor, Magic Missile; Invisibility (concentration), Mind Spike, Mirror Image; Clearvoyance (concentration), Melf's Minute Meteors (concentration)
Spell slots used:
- Level 1st: 2/4
- Level 2nd: 1/3
- Level 3rd: 0/2[/sblock]
 

Li Shenron

Adventurer
Realizing that she has no chance at communicating with the monsters, and that everyone else is already attacking it, Lorelei casts Hex on the swamp giant (bonus action, range 90ft) followed by Eldritch Blast (action, range 120ft).

two beams
1d10 force damage
1d6 necrotic damage
push 10ft away

Lorelei 2018-07-13 08:46:19 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d6 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
1D10 = [2] = 2
1D6 = [2] = 2
1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26
1D10 = [1] = 1
1D6 = [5] = 5
Eldritch Blast attack and damage (force); Hex damage (necrotic)


Assuming both beams hit, total damage is 4 force + 6 necrotic, and the swamp giant is pushed away 20ft due to Repelling Blast. Lorelei also chooses Strength as the target ability of Hex, so as long as she is concentrating, the swamp monster will have disadvantage on strength checks.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: STR check [roll0]


Unable to get to its meal the creature runs deeper into the woods. The group losses sight of it for the trees and brush, but they can still hear it as it runs off.

OOC: Start a chase or no?
 

Radaceus

Villager
OOC: Ungar wants to chase...knowing it is not the wisest action since protecting the workers is our priority, but he is in revenge mode and will side with those who wish to chase but is not dumb enough to go it alone
 

Li Shenron

Adventurer
OOC: Lorelei will stick with the party if they initiate a chase, but will be cautious about straying off too far from the workers we're supposed to protect and will make this remark clear to the others
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Tassarion Liadon
Hullack Woods
Day 2/Evening
Round 2

Tassarion emerged silently from the woods behind Lorelei. “Are we following?” his raspy voice spoke, likely startling her. He glanced at the dead elf’s body as he passed it. With a gesture from his hand, he caused vines to grow over it, covering and protecting it from scavengers until they could return to give it proper respect. The vines blossomed into bright red flowers to make it easy for them to find again.

Tassarion set off with the others after the swamp creature.

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action: (Extra Attack): Druidcraft
Bonus Action:
Free:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
HP: 37/37
HD: 5/5 1d10+1
Arrows: 60
Arrows used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Arcane Shot (2/2/R): Grasping Arrow or Seeking Arrow
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: And the chase is on.

Starting distance: 80'
Lead Purser: Erevan
Everyone can Dash #rounds = 3+ CON mod.
After this number DC10 CON check every round or suffer one level of exhaustion.
Everyone will get one turn, after taking your action (it is suggested you Dash but you may cast spells or make an attack if you are in range/have line of sight) roll a D20 - this is the next person in lines complication (can be nothing). I'll post this up as you are running in the forest.
After everyone in the group has taken a turn, the creature will make a Stealth check trying to beat the highest passive perception to lose the group.

Let's begin. No INIT order, will go by posting order.
 
Evervan dashes after the Giant, overtaking him easily.
OOC: Speed 50' with Dash action give move of 100'.
Bonus action: Expend a level 2 spell slot to regain [roll0] hit points.
Dashing round 1/5

[sblock="Stats"]
As Dire Wolf:
Init: +7
AC 14
HP 36/37
Speed 50 ft.
Str 17, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 13
Perception +6, Stealth +6, Athletics +3
Advantage on Perception checks that rely on hearing or smell
Advantage on Attack rolls if an ally is within 5 feet of the target and not incapacitated
Bite: Melee weapon attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6+3 piercing damage, plus knock prone (DC 13 Str save)

As Self:
Init: +8
AC 14
HP 34/34
HD 5/5d8
Speed 35
Wildshape: 1/2
Spells: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/3, 3rd: 2/2
Alert: Can't be surprised if conscious. Don't grant advantage to hidden foes.
[/sblock]

DM: d20 roll 1d20=10
 
Last edited by a moderator:

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Hmmm that is a random encounter.... [roll0]
Go ahead everyone and add a Perception check into the rolls you need to make.
 

Advertisement

Top