• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's Storm King's Thunder - OOC (FULL)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Easy was what I was looking for with all the games I am now juggling. I'm looking forward to this too. Especially the Against the Giants part, I played that way back in 89' but we were playing D&D, it was fun, but we all got smashed by frost giants. :( so sad, but a great memory

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
I've been considering a drow, and I have a relatively-workable backstory that can fit with the game start. I just need to make some alterations.

The idea behind the drow is she's an exile taken in by a temple of Tyr, and has since become a true follower of Tyr and a member of the Knights of the Holy Judgement. I'm looking at the Knight of the Order background for her, since that more fits her personality than the Far Traveler one does. Plus, I figure that if she's been around long enough to become a paladin for Tyr, she's no longer eligible for Far Traveler.

I could see her as joining the group to defeat any evil they come across, and to practice her skills in battle.

But, I can easily rework her as a different race and/or god.

Also, link to my stat roll. I should have her ready either tonight or tomorrow.

Quick question; how would other characters react to a Drow? I know that they are basicly an Evil Race with the rare exception. So was wondering how normal ook would react

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
My guess is that they would be flabbergasted by the dichotomy. An "evil elf" wearing the holy symbol of a god who hates evil.

Then there's her opinion of evil drow... I'm having to practice my written Angrish just to get her rant style perfect.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Not sure yet. I'm guessing my warlock was raised somewhere with just humans, only reading about the other races. So apart from amazement, he's not going to be judgemental right away.

tglassy

Adventurer
As for the dark elf, it depends on whether they’ve heard of Drizzt or not. If they have, they may be willing to let her be and just watch her closely. If they haven’t, or if they don’t believe the stories, then they’re going to turn her away no matter what symbol she has on her. She’s a drow, drow lie, and faking a symbol of a good god or goddess is not beneath them.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
I think maybe a little distrust until her actions prove otherwise. To start Veradda will vouch for her.

My question was about her stats, Isn't Tyr the god with one hand? If you were to say your DEX is low do to having lost a hand that might be some interesting RP.

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
Tyr is also blind. I was actually imagining her wearing the standard Tyr-follower blindfold (one that doesn't actually restrict sight), but pretending to be blind for comedy purposes on occasion. And acting horrified and shocked when someone points out she's a drow ("I'm one of the dark elves? Why didn't someone tell me!" *glance towards party* "You knew and you said nothing! I thought you were my friends!") XD

After done talking with police, I'll put her stats together and post. Nothing like witnessing an auto accident as soon as you get home.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads