• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic] The Mirror of Days (Updated!)

electric-ant

First Post
Yes, he was posting on the General Discussion board yesterday, one asking for advice on TPKs and another about paragon tarrasques. :D

Seriously, look for yourself. :D

But anyway....here's my character's background. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, and just assume the strings at the end get tied up somehow to the point where he will be when the adventure begins....it's long enough already. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Zalen was the illegitimate son of a minor priestess of Lolth and a human slave-overseer in the underground city of Sei Vasar. He would have been slain had not the leader of a caravan of derro, passing through the city, offered to take him off her hands - for a small price. It was a common practice for wealthy human merchants, who were themselves unable to have children, to purchase and adopt unwanted infants, casting a blind eye towards a perhaps unsavory source.

As he looked fairly human, except for a gray cast to his skin and slightly upturned ears, Zalen was quickly sold to an eccentric merchant couple in a nearby metropolis. They delighted in him at first, but eventually they became more interested in business than in family. The merchants put him into a nearby monastery, hoping to gain divine good will as their business crumbled around them, but to no avail. The merchants were eventually forced to move out of the city, seeking a humbler (and less expensive) lifestyle.

Zalen initially fit in poorly at the monastery, growing to resent his teachers but respecting their wisdom and experience. However, he was finally able to adapt to the strict and austere lifestyle of the monks, and upon reflection, truly became to believe that discipline was the path to satisfaction and to perfection. After all, he only had to look at his ‘parents’ for proof - their brief irrational indulgence of his adoption had led them to financial ruin.

He trained at the monastery for decades until he was selected, by measure of discipline and ability, to travel outside the monastery for experience. Zalen was sent with a small group of monks to remove a threat to the area - a regular mission given to the monastery, as part of an agreement with the local monarch to allow the monastery to remain standing without paying taxes or tribute of any sort.

Their quest would be to destroy a long-standing problem - a wizard, nearby, had accidentally allowed a gate to the underworld to open in his tower, causing his death and the destruction of much of the tower. The gate remained open, creating a constant flow of demons and posing a considerable threat to the area, through which many caravan routes passed through.

The monks entered the tower and began to work their way towards the pinnacle, where the gate had been opened. Expecting and finding an easy path through the swarms of lesser demons, they were unfortunate to be present for the arrival of a greater demon, a balor, as it came through the gate in a fiery explosion, killing several of the monks. What the explosion left standing, the balor did not. The monks were slain, and the balor, intrigued by the presence and existence of a half-drow, returned to the lower planes with Zalen.

He was tortured in the fiend's demonic prison for an interminable amount of time before Zalen encountered a fellow prisoner, a celestial solar, whose botched attempt at planeshifting had sent him hurtling into the underworld. Overpowered by the overwhelming hordes of evil, the solar, Aevon, was trapped in the same manner Zalen had been, in the same prison, whom the balor lord considered an especially interesting captive.

Before they had time to talk, however, the balor lord began to approach the cells in which they were kept. Understanding that he would soon face his death and Zalen's not too long after, the solar decided to use his most powerful magic, a wish spell in a final act of self-sacrifice. Aevon gave Zalen the means to escape as well as unintentionally bestowing upon Zalen his spark of divinity.

Zalen's hair forever turned a feathery white as a mark of his transformation, and his eyes were changed into a dusky golden-amber, mirroring the celestial's own eyes, as he was propelled away from the fiend's prison and returned to the material plane in the same darkened tower he had originally been taken from.

Last edited:

Calim

First Post
Was needing Dark's help with a character but since I have not heard from him I guess I will have to go a different way.

oh well.:(

Calim

First Post
Book of hallowed Might has a great PRC in it which is a cleric and wizard combination i think i will go with that with one epic feat going to epic spells and the rest to bonus domains

Dark Eternal

First Post
Re: A question

OK - I'm back, and this should be my absolutely last 12-16 hour day at work!

I'm creating a Rouge's Gallery thread here for the game - please copy your characters over to that thread, and I'll give the final ok on each of them in order - everything looks good so far.

I've gotten a whole bunch of notes worked out for getting things off the ground, but I still have a little work to do. I'll be copying those notes to the IC thread as set up - expect to see this either tomorrow or Friday. I *PROMISE* it'll be up no later than Friday.

I realize I've been MIA for too long, and I apologize for not at least dropping occasional posts to let you all know how things were going. I'll be sending a round of emails throughout the day tomorrow to each of you, with updates and information that you'll need for your particular characters. I like what I'm seeing in the character backgrounds - the main content of the emails I'll be doing tomorrow will be background related.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope that you'll all enjoy the game!

Last edited:

Calim

First Post
Segovax

As soon as he is done I will post him in the Rogue thread but right now I need Dark to take a look at what he shaping up into and let me know if I need to change something.

Segovax
Male Human
Cleric22 Heirophant 5 Epic Heirophant 5 CR 32
Size: M
Type HUMANOID;
AGE 73
HD (32d8)+20; hp 180;
Init -1 (-1 Dex, +0 Misc);
Spd Walk 30';
AC 9 (flatfooted 9, touch 9),
SA: Spontaneous casting, Turn Undead 8/day, Blast Infidel From Epic Heirophant , Spell Power +10 from Heirophant +5 from Epic Heirophant, Three MetaMagic Feats From Epic Heirophant;
Spell like Abilities Intensified Flame Strike Three times per day
Vision: Normal
AL: CG;
Sv: Fort +25, Ref +17, Will +42;
Str 9, Dex 9, Con 13, Int 22, Wis 46, Cha 21

Skills and Feats:
Concentration +24,
Diplomacy +15,
Heal +28,
Knowledge (Arcana) +41,
Knowledge (Religion) +31,
Knowledge (Planes) +20
Scry +23,
Spellcraft +73;
Empower Spell,
Great Fortitude,
Iron Will,
Lightning Reflexes,
Maximize Spell,
Spell Focus Transmutation
Spell Focus Evocation
Intensify Spell
Improved Spellcasting
Improved Spellcasting
Improved Spell Casting
Permanent Emanation
Spontaneous Domain
Improved Metamagic
Greater Spell Focus Evocation
Spells
_0_- 6
_1_- 10+1
_2_- 10+1
_3_- 9+1
_4_- 9+1
_5_- 9+1
_6_- 8+1
_7_- 7+1
_8_- 7+1
_9_- 7+1
10 - 3
11 - 3
12 - 2 one lost to heirophant ability

DC + Spell Focus + Spell Focus + Spell Power
28 30 32 43/45/47
29 31 33 44/46/48
30 32 34 45/47/49
31 33 35 46/48/50
32 34 36 47/49/51
33 35 37 48/50/52
34 36 38 49/51/53
35 37 39 50/52/54
36 38 40 51/53/55
37 39 41 52/54/56

Possessions: ,
Ring of Universal Elemental Immunity 2,160,000
6 tomes inherent +5 ea 825000
Periapt of Epic Wisdom +12 1,440,000
Rod of Invulnerabilty 600000
Base Item: Cloak
New Item: Cloak of Life(Save Luck Bonus (+5)/Resistance Bonus (+5))
Cost: 90000.00, Weight: 0.0
SPROP: grants a Luck bonus to all saving throws, grants a Resistance bonus to all saving throws
Base Item: Robe
New Item: Robe of Divine Magic (Spellcraft +30, Knowledge (Religion) +30)
Cost: 37800.00, Weight: 1.0
SPROP: grants a Circumstance bonus to selected skill
Ring of Evasion
Staff of greater Quickening
82000still to spend

Last edited:

Dark Eternal

First Post
Re: Segovax

Calim said:
As soon as he is done I will post him in the Rogue thread but right now I need Dark to take a look at what he shaping up into and let me know if I need to change something.

Wow - he's very impressive... :)

I don't think anything needs to be changed, though - at first look, it all appears legit. I'd say go ahead with him.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I agree, I'm eager to get started.

Though my character isn't as impressive as the others, I like the niche he has and the opportunity to play I high level smith who really only adventurer's to gain experience and ideas to build items with is definitely neat.

Keia

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads