Falcon and winter solider

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Rogue's powers manifest when she's a "young teen". She kisses a boy, gets understandably freaked out, and runs away from home. She then takes up with Mystique - the term used in the comics is "adopted". That's not a term you normally use with an adult - so I find it hard to take her as 17+ at that point.
Assuming that Rogue was say 14 or 15 when she has her first kiss, she ran away and then spent time with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, if we assume that was maybe 4 years she would be 18 or 19 when she seeks help from Dr X.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Rogue's powers manifest when she's a "young teen". She kisses a boy, gets understandably freaked out, and runs away from home. She then takes up with Mystique - the term used in the comics is "adopted". That's not a term you normally use with an adult - so I find it hard to take her as 17+ at that point.
Sure you do if you're talking about their history, particularly if the family is blended/found rather than by birth - as you get with Rogue and Mystique. Before Rogue joins the X-Men, she's in a story as an employee infiltrating the Pentagon. Even if she's in a secretarial pool/intern, that's still 18-19 at least. I can't think of a single story since Rogue debuts where she gives off any impression of being a minor - other than something explicitly flashback.

hopeless

Adventurer
The Black Widow movie I believe is set between Civil War and Infinity War.
If and I do mean IF Ross secures that sample of the Russian Super Soldier Serum it would still need to be mentioned for it to be part of this series despite the above reply explaining its developer was snapped and upon his return managed to develop his version of the super soldier serum.
Regardless of the actual source does this mean he tested his serum on the Flag Smashers?
It sounds odd for them to steal his shipment unless they knew what it was as they had been guinea pigs?

Is that a possible explanation for the events in the series so far?

Staffan

Legend
Sure, but that's some time before she debuts as a super-villain. At that point, Mystique has trained her and they have developed a familial relationship. Mystique thinks of Rogue as her daughter, not just another Brotherhood member – there are multiple occasions where Mystique risks things in order to protect Rogue, even after Rogue left. That's the kind of thing that takes an unspecified amount of time. After that, Rogue's first on-page appearance is perma-draining Carol Danvers' powers and then fighting the Avengers, and she's definitely not 15 in that comic. This is the first picture of her from 1981:
1617395288722.png

And this is her fighting the X-Men in 1982:

1617395501696.png

I did find a reference to her being 17 when she sought help from Professor X (which was in 1983), but I don't know how canonical that is. At that point she's definitely not younger than that, at least.

Stalker0

Legend
Hey, remember when this thread was about the tv show Falcon and the Winter Soldier? :)

To get back OT, I like Zemo in the 3rd episode. Similar to Kill Monger, he's not right....but he's kind of right. There are some great moments when he talks about what happens to Sokovia and looks Falcon and Bucky in the eye, effectively calling them out for not doing anything to clean up their mess. And....it appears that he's right, as they kind of silently take the beratement.

I will say though that we are apparently half way through this series....and it really doesn't feel like we have even gotten started (especially for the entire new thread that throw down at the very end of the episode!). It feels like there is a lot left to cover. I mean sure you can clean things up quickly, but I'm worried that's going to be underwhelming. If GoT final season taught us anything....take your freakin time! :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The Black Widow movie I believe is set between Civil War and Infinity War.
If and I do mean IF Ross secures that sample of the Russian Super Soldier Serum it would still need to be mentioned for it to be part of this series despite the above reply explaining its developer was snapped and upon his return managed to develop his version of the super soldier serum.
Regardless of the actual source does this mean he tested his serum on the Flag Smashers?
It sounds odd for them to steal his shipment unless they knew what it was as they had been guinea pigs?

Is that a possible explanation for the events in the series so far?

So, Ross and the Russian stuff is not needed to explain anything in this series.

It is just: Nagel makes serum. He tests it, probably on Karli Morganthau - in Ep 3 she says she'd been in Madripoor after the Snap. She realizes with that power, she can make a difference. She gets some people together, steals Nagel's 20 doses. A few of them take it, and become the core of the Flag Smashers. The shipment we see, and have the fight around last episode, wasn't Nagel's. It was actually medical supplies for camps.

And who is Sharon working for? Is she really not "on the run" and deep undercover instead? Or is she working for the Power Broker? Or a third party? Maybe she is the Power Broker?

While it is possible they are doing something wild like that with Sharon, it is also just as likely that she's done as she says - she makes a lot of funds on the darker side of the art trade.

I don't think he is. He said he fought in Korea.

Yep, it is only a small forward jump in years from the comics version to the MCU version. I think it mainly means the secret experiments done to him and 300 other black men happened between WWII and the Korean War, instead of during WWII. I was reading the details on the comic book arc that Isaiah had when his books were published in the early 2000's, and wow, were they dark. Not only did almost none of the other soldiers survive, but the US government had everyone at the army camp, where the 300 came from, executed, so that there was no one left who could talk about it. For the MCU that is probably different if the experiments happened during peacetime, since there would not be a war to blame all the deaths on. Though the Korean War did start in 1950, so there is a gap before Isaiah was sent into Korea some time during 1951 to find and stop the Winter Soldier.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yep, it is only a small forward jump in years from the comics version to the MCU version. I think it mainly means the secret experiments done to him and 300 other black men happened between WWII and the Korean War, instead of during WWII. I was reading the details on the comic book arc that Isaiah had when his books were published in the early 2000's, and wow, were they dark.

Yeah, those comics are really dark, ugly stuff. In the MCU, at least, they can fall back on, "HYDRA did it!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases