Forgotten Heroes IC

Shayuri

First Post
For several minutes after awakening, she stayed still...keeping her breathing even by sheer dint of will, and her eyes closed. Lily, she realized. That was her name. As other voices began speaking nearby, she found she had faint echoes of memory attached to each; like ragged scraps of flesh still dangling from long-dead bones. They were friends, the memory said, or at least allies. But wasn't it...-convenient- that the one bit of memory she should possess paint them in such a rosy light? If she were to develop a spell to erase memory, she'd make sure it did the same.

So at first she listened, then cracked her eyes open just to slits...and grunted in spite of herself as the dull ache in her head magnified to a sharp pike with the light prying through her eyelids. Damn...no point in pretending now.

Raising one hand to her temple, Lily painfully sat up and shielded her face before opening her eyes to survey the others.

A giant. A dwarf. A...a lizard?

If it wasn't for the pain, she'd think it was a dream.

"Who's missing an eye?" Lily asked, glancing around. Her voice was thick, a little throaty. Did she always sound like that? "What happened?"

Lot

First Post
Sir Seifer Dagmar - Level 6 Knight

Seifer awakes with a start, the feeling of his plate armor and his sword in his hand telling him he may be in a hazardous situation. Scrambling to his feet, he quickly tries to assess the situation. What's going on? Where am I?"

Seifer looks around, quickly seeing an odd assortment of different people of different shapes and sizes. For some reason, their names are known to him and they have his trust. Besides this, nothing else is becoming clear.

Seifer removes the helm on his head, revealing his shaven head and serious expression. He looks at his reflection in the shiny, dark gray surface of the helmet, looking for any sign of head injury to match his headache. Seifer also looks at the blue cockatrice on his tabard and shield, with no feeling of recognition. Very strange

Seifer starts over to his companions, sheathing his bastard sword now that no visible sign of danger can be found. "Hello, everyone. I think I may have been hit in the head. I can't remember...well, much of anything, really. Can someone tell me what is going on?"

Amazing Triangle

First Post
As you all talk the man and his horse slowly trot along the dirt trail. Seeing others he has the horse pick up its pace. As he approaches you can all clearly see that he is an old peasant with a horse that can’t be any younger than him.

As he approaches he starts yelling, “WHAT IN THE NAME OF JOHAN ARE YOU DOING IN MY FIELD?”

When he gets a little closer, he stops the horse and cocks his head to the side saying, “Now what are you kids, doing in my wheat field?”

Shayuri

First Post
Fear closed like a fist around Lily's heart. She couldn't remember anything or anyone other than these people! What if she had enemies? They'd know her, but she wouldn't know them! If they knew what had happened, they could even pretend to be her friends. How would she know?!

She got to her feet and glared daggers at the approaching, very vocal man and his wagon. Thoughtless pig. Fear gave way to anger, as cold and hard as a sword's blade.

"Excuse us, but I think our situation is a BIT more serious than a few square feet of WHEAT! Who are you, and where are we? And try to be more specific than 'your wheat field,' all right?"

gabrion

First Post
Lugka, the primate looking fellow with the vicious looking dinosaur laying at his side, finally gets up on his feet.

This isn't right, he thinks to himself. I live in the jungle, with wild ferocious beasts, massive trees, and others like myself. Why am I with these people in this strange and desolate land?

Yet even while thinking this, something insticitvely tells him that the others gathered around him are his friends. Hearing one of them - the one who his mind suddenly thought of as "Lily" - speak to the man who had just approached on his strange, bloated beast, Lugka pipes in.

"I do not know this Johan you speak of, but I find it strange that you call this 'your' field. You must be ignorant of the nature spirits. Even so, I must agree with this girl and ask that you explain exactly where we are, as I can't remember."

Amazing Triangle

First Post
"You musta been drinkin' the lot of you," the man then more to himself than to you, "I ain't neva been that drunk." The old man lowers his head and just shakes it back and forth. "You'ez 'bout two days walk from Althora. Since I be going that way I can get ya there by night fall in my here wagon. Don't thinks this be a free ride, I be needing sum protection. The roads to Althora have been getting thick with bandits as of late. A troupe like you might just scare them off makin' my trip easier."

[sblock=OOC] This man is old like late 70's old. His wagon is big enough to hold all of you. This I will leave to you make your choice (he will wait for you to make up your minds max 1 hour in game)[/sblock]

Amazing Triangle said:
As you all talk the man and his horse slowly trot along the dirt trail. Seeing others he has the horse pick up its pace. As he approaches you can all clearly see that he is an old peasant with a horse that can’t be any younger than him.

As he approaches he starts yelling, “WHAT IN THE NAME OF JOHAN ARE YOU DOING IN MY FIELD?”

When he gets a little closer, he stops the horse and cocks his head to the side saying, “Now what are you kids, doing in my wheat field?”
"Wheat?" Skitha looks around muzzily. "Why would you want to grow wheat? You can't distill anything good from it."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Heaving his substantial bulk upwards, Chester manages to rise somewhat unsteadily to his feet. He watches the farmer with some curiosity as he explains their location. Sadly the name of the town means nothing either.

"This 'Althora' sounds like a good a place as any to try and figure out what's going on here."

Shayuri

First Post
"Hmm," Lily replies to Chester, a bit dubiously. Then she says to the old man, "Does Althora have...healers? Or men of learning? We," she waves a finger to indicate the party, "seem to all have a similar...uh...affliction. We may need a healer or sage to work out why, and how to cure it."

Rayex

First Post
Grokkun - Cleric of Johan

Hearing the old man mentioning Johan, Grokkun remains silent for a little while before making a decision. He turns to the rest of the party, frowning "Althora it is, then? Better a town where someone might have answers, than a field where all there is, is worms and crows."

Remove ads