• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forked Thread: Old PC games you wish you could play again

Grand_Director

Explorer
I would love to play Bandit Kings of Ancient China again. I remember going over to my friends house and playing that game hot seat. That and also Empire. We used to have a three player game of Empire going while playing Axis and Allies on a table. Good times.

Bandit Kings of Ancient China
Empire
Warlords
Lords of Conquest
Archon

These are the games I want to play again.

jeffh

Adventurer
A list, which may not be complete, of "old" (let's say 2000 or earlier) computer games I've played in the last year or so. This is setting aside older console games, remakes thereof, and old arcade games played via MAME.
  • Master of Orion
  • Might and Magic 3, 4&5 (together), 6, 7 and 8; the latter three (particularly 7) have recently sprouted somewhat active modding communities, by the way
  • Icewind Dale, with some bugfix and convenience mods by others and some 3E-izing, rebalancing and general house-ruling modding done by yours truly
  • The original Bard's Tale; play the Amiga version in windowed mode via an emulator, the graphics are quite tolerable (the Amiga was amazing for its time!)
Still hoping to get to Realms of Arkania, Wizardry 6-8 and give Planescape:Torment another whirl sometime relatively soon, but grad student stuff and big involving computer games are not a good mix.

BTW, between DOSBox (and WinUAE in the case of The Bard's Tale) and fanmade patches I haven't had any major problems (i.e. problems that took more than 10 minutes to fix) running any of these on XP or Vista.

Last edited:

Remove ads