Gaming W/Jemal: Legends Chapter 1

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel leered her head to the side. "We don't have the time to go shopping and selling. But the value of this piece of armour seems quite high - one of our strong melee fighters would make great use of it, if it were to be purified. Even if we can't, anyone can sell it to an arms dealer, no transaction fee necessary." She said the last bit with her eyes squinting. She was very adept at armour and weapon smiting, as she had spent long years in researching the effects of heat and fire over various metals. Thus Silivrenniel could tell that the crafstmanship and enchantments laid upon the armour made it very expensive.

[sblock] Untrained Appraise check with +2 synergy bonus for having maxed out Craft: Armorsmithing. 6+16=22 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Arineils eyes glowed a white hot hue of gold as she bore a hole in Damian.... she growled low and snorted VERY un-lady like..... she squared off in the mans direction..... You just left my friend in the bushes without TELLING someone?.... Does anyone's life mean anything to you but your own?!... I have half a mind to rend you.... fool.. what if..... Arineil said as she shifted to hurriedly kneel over Sabastion's body... she would have finished her sentence with 'he had died in those bushes'... yet was not entirely sure if he was dead or just unconscious.... she reached down to pet across Sabastions hair to remove it from his face and reached to his neck to check his pulse.....

"We don't have the time to go shopping and selling. But the value of this piece of armour seems quite high - one of our strong melee fighters would make great use of it, if it were to be purified. Even if we can't, anyone can sell it to an arms dealer, no transaction fee necessary.

"I'm sorry you seem to miss understand me. I 'AM' an arms dealer. Instead of selling it to some one and having them sell it to someone one else at a mark up, I give it over to my employees who will look after it for us. The Transaction fee is to cover the little extra work that they will have to do. You know no one ever buys something for it's value if they mean to sell it right after. They'll try to get you to part with it for the least amount possible so their profit is maximised."

You just left my friend in the bushes without TELLING someone?.... Does anyone's life mean anything to you but your own?!... I have half a mind to rend you.... fool.. what if.....

"I do express my most sincere apologies but at the time I assumed it would be best to get him away from the action and me into it. I must admit that I'm not used to working with others on... matters not related to my business. I have meet individuals who would wake up on their own after an axe to the head, others that regrew limbs. This was suppost to be a gathering of legends, I assumed that those here where 'OTHER'. How was I suppost to know that some of those here are, like myself and unlike yourself it seems, on this side of mortality? I figured that he would walk out in a moment or that someone who was tied closer to the higher powers then I would notice someone close to death and help if that was the case. And I would ask that you remember this," Damian seems to withdraw into his cloak, drawing shadow to him even in the confines of the cursed light. "I know precisely the value of another's life. To. The. Copper." After this statment he brights up, figuratively and literally, and goes back to his previous happy self. "And on that note it has been a trying time for all of us, I sugest that we all accept Sigil's invitation so we can settle down, unwind, discuss what's going on and generaly get to know each other. With a little conversation we can go a long way to keeping things like this from happening again." He bends over Sabastion and mutters a short prayer. "Death lessen your grip, this one's battle is not yet won."

[sblock=OOC] Damian losses one of his grave strikes to cast cure light wounds 1d8+1=9 hopefully it is enough for him to at least wake up. and a diplomacy check 1d20+16=32 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel nodded "In that case I have no objection, if you can peddle it and reciprocate with the coin earned, by all means have at it. I would welcome a few hours of mediation for my spells, but the prophet is in danger if we leave him here. As i already said Rho and his allies can return later tonight, once we are gone."

"Humm I'm not to sure of that..." Damian walks over to the wall of the cabin drawing his adamantine great sword as he does and procides to have at it with the wall.

[sblock=OOC] i'm not going to make any rolls for this, if i can damage the wall it's gone, plain and simple, if i can't then don't ned to roll.[/sblock]

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
About to hand over the breastplate, Chevik is utterly confused by the actions of the merchant, first healing Sabastian and then trying to break down the Elder Prophet's wall for his cabin. "I'm not sure that I can in good conscience hand over an item tainted of evil to one who is quite as erratic as you appear to be sir merchant. I will keep hold of it for now and attempt to redeem the item so that one of us can use it to face down this warlord should he manage to rise. Why are you striking down the Elder's walls again? Didn't we just drive off those who would do such things to the Elder?"

Without really waiting for an answer, Chevik moves to tend to Sabastian. [sblock=Heal Check]32 Chevik puts the Breast plate into his haversack and checks on Sabastian to see what can be done for his roguish friend.[/sblock]

Roronoa

First Post
When Damian pulled Sabastion out from the bushes, a sense of loss washed over Oroz. Watching Arineil cradle her fallen companion brought back the memories of all those he had lost before, both in battle, and to the necromancer that had ruined his life. The anger began to spawn anew. His moment of tranquility lost once more to fate as those around him experienced their pain and he shared in it, just as they had all experienced his. Travelling with others was a double edged sword that seldom left Oroz unscarred. He felt like a fool for forgetting that, even for just that moment.

Even still, he felt the urge to console the warrior grieving in front of him. It would not be right to let others deteriorate like himself. He would give Arineil the support he never had. But even as he resolved to do this, he realized he did not know how to. At this point he didn't even know if the unfortunate Sabastion was alive or dead. All he could do is put a hand on Arineil's shoulder and give her a reassuring squeeze.

Jemal

Adventurer
[size=+2]"STOP!"[/size]
The Elder bursts from his front door, shouting at Damian as his sword is about to connect. The Raven is able to pull his blow just in time, the tip of his blade merely scratching the surface of the cabin - that scratch, though, is enough to send sparks arcing through the blade and into Damian, throwing him to his back twitching for a moment.

The Elder rushes forwards to check him over, but Damian is only stunned for a few seconds. Panting, he explains to the dazed man"My cabin... has powerful... magiks protecting it... Any who try to enter by force... find that force turned back upon them, greatly amplified. He stops for a breath as Damian regains his feat. "Had you struck the wall with your full might, you would likely be dead now." He sighs and looks around at the others. "I had not expected you to do so well against Rho - He and his allies are most formidable foes. I apologize for hiding so cowardly within my cabin, but I can not directly harm any living creature... that, and I did not wish to get caught in the crossfire." He stops talking then, looking over to Arineil, who holds the unmoving and barely breathing body of Sabastian. His eyes glow as he gazes at the man.

"Bring him inside at once." The Elder motions Arineil to follow him as he enters the cabin, and instructs her to lay him on a table. He spends a moment examining the man then turns to face you "He has been cursed... by what I do not know, but his blood has been tainted by a powerful evil. He is beyond the help of mortal magics at this point, though I may be able to keep him alive via stasis until the evil has been found and destroyed." The old man frowns then "There is too much to be done, and so few to do it. The warlord must be stopped, but I saw many heroes in my vision. The fewer of you that go, the less the chance that you will succeed.."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Sigil floats back towards the cabin and down a little lower until her feet almost brush the ground. She stayed diplomatically silent during the fretting over Sebastian, since she had no arts that would aid him, and didn't know him at all. Now though...

"Then what do you counsel?" she asks the Elder. "Should we stay here in hopes more will come and join us? Or shall we depart, and seek more aid along the way? How much time do you forsee us having?"

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel leered her head to the side and intentionally started playing with the her tightly packed hair. The situation had become somewhat comical - one that did not fear age found most things in life amusing. Sila smiled at the merchant and moved over, her tiny feet and small steps making her look like a little girl next to the rather large man and his weapon. She extended her slender arm and helped him up, smiling faintly. "Are you alright?"

The Archmage was quite perplexed that her Arcane Sight and knowledge of magic did not help her distingquish the wooden structure as one not of mundane nature.

When she heard that Arineil's comrade had been cursed she frowned and moved closed to the table to inspect the body. "Beyond mortal magics you say? Would it be that even a Wish or Miracle would not work?"

If there was one truly good thing to come out of this, it was the reassurance that the Elder was quite capable of keeping himself from harm.

[sblock]Jemal any checks that Sila can make? To help her understand what's wrong with the man, waht's the nature of his curse. Or what is up with the elder's cabin. She has that permanent Arcane Sight if it helps.[/sblock]

Remove ads