• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Geek Confessional Thread 2024

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Agreed for sure, the format is without a doubt better for actual communication and sharing of ideas. I just think that the 'geek culture' or 'nerd community' or whatever term we wish to apply is now too fractured, too angry, and too tribal, to avoid seeing the same conversations go down the same paths, over and over and over.

We see it here every day. From questions of game design, edition, whatever. Its the same path, with the same people, making the same arguments.

They would be better served, to go find a discord that shares the same view, but then they lose the opportunity to grind that axe. ;)
This is actually a you problem. There is lots of good discussion here despite those things. Just use your ignore button.

Scribe

Legend
This is actually a you problem. There is lots of good discussion here despite those things. Just use your ignore button.

I mean you are right, but pushing the 'just build your own echo chamber' defeats the purpose of a forum to me, and is just one step closer to Discord/Reddit/Twitter hell. :LOL:

Scribe

Legend
I dont know a single culture not like this. 🤷‍♂️

I find RPG fans, to take things to another level that I dont really encounter in my other hobbies or even other games/genres. There are walls of text, and then there are the reams of text that a few folks here generate.

Mallus

Legend
I know a fair bit about various canons. It's all meaningless. Whether something is 'canonical' has got to be the dumbest question to ask about a work of art.

Canon's only value is as a trivia game.

Last edited:

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
I find RPG fans, to take things to another level that I dont really encounter in my other hobbies or even other games/genres. There are walls of text, and then there are the reams of text that a few folks here generate.
In all seriousness, then, you haven’t seen how knitters en masse. Or tattooists. Or whale watchers. Or bookbinders. I have seen all these groups behave in ways that would boggle many RPG flamers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads