D&D 5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: @Fradak If any of your climb or acrobatics checks come to less than 15 please make a Dex save while on the roof/walls. You are currently at the top of the building 30ft up.

When the group of thugs ends their turn they are about 40ft from the party. They don't seem to have any idea Khefren is above and behind them. Anyone else wanting to remain hidden please give me a stealth check. Any other checks or rolls you would like to make now is the time.

Khefren numbly climbs the walls somehow avoiding the razorvine and the large blades protruding from the room the building. On top of the building he clears a hole in the roof and comes to a stop at the edge of the building just before another of the vicious looking rusted blades that seem to decorate many of the buildings of this city.

Looking down he is able to make out the forms of the thugs that you saw in the alley.

At the sound of the Modrons voice the men turn to look where it came from. When they see Lex they start moving back into the Alley, what appears to be the muscle of the operation moving in front of the more shadowy figure.

The one that spoke before. "What crew box? I don't see any crew. Ye should probably go back to what e'er gear you crawled out of."
The other four start looking around while the one in the back maintains his focus on Lex.

Li Shenron

Legend
As Sir Reginald sees the thugs retreating into the alley, he comes out of the corner, sword unsheated and pointed towards the thugs, makes a severe frowning face and clears his voice to sound as imposing as he can be: "Stand still where you are gentlemen, I have a nice armor! I mean... stand still where you are gentlemen, I have an authority!

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=204648

OOC: 204648 Sir Reginald 2018-05-14 02:56:24 1d20+4 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
Intimidate

Greenmtn

Explorer
A Shadow in Sigil

"Take care of this and meet up with me later." States the one who cast the spell earlier to the other four as he darts off leaving the other end of the alley.

The 4 thugs stand looking at you, 3 have hands on their swords shifting nerviously. The other pulls a pouch from his belt and throws it on the ground. "Take it an' forget."

His voice is uneasy, you distinctly get the impression he is hoping you take the bribe.

mike peabody

First Post
"What about this scenario: We offer you money, instead, and you tell us where your fifth member went, at which point we will decline to tell him how he was located. It is a more likely sequence of events than me forgetting something. I am a modron."

Greenmtn

Explorer
"Your box goin' ta' be trouble?" The apparent leader asks Sir Reginald. "I tell ya the whole fee is in here, paid in full." The manner in which he speaks leads you to believe that he is no stranger to bribing officials.

They are on edge, the tension could be cut with a knife.

Li Shenron

Legend
OOC: What is the Harmonium's culture about bribing? Do they see it as a grave offense, do they otherwise consider it an acceptable practice, do they just don't care and leave it up to their members to decide?

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC:
OOC: Can Khefren jump on the caster? Or is he too far away already?
YOu are currently 30ft up. He is close enough that you could do it but I believe by RAW you would take 3d6 damage. He's what I will do, Roll an acrobatics check and we will lower the for each 5 (5 = 2d6, 10 = 1d6, 15+ = no damage)

OOC: What is the Harmonium's culture about bribing? Do they see it as a grave offense, do they otherwise consider it an acceptable practice, do they just don't care and leave it up to their members to decide?
It's a poorly kept secret that many, though not a majority, of Harmonium will collect "fees" rather than haul criminals off to prison. Some do it to line their pockets, some do it because of personal grievances with the Mercykillers, or Fraternity of Order. Collecting fees although not the way it should be done is not discouraged. Bribes are unlawful.
The short of it is that if everyone can agree that a fee was paid and the wrong is redressed, the matter is done with. As long as it doesn't cause trouble for the faction as a whole.

Fradak

Explorer
The man let his minions do the dirty job and left, followed by Khefren who was tracking his target from the rooftops. The bounty hunter was used to this exercise but, after the combat against the God-Pharaoh, Khefren thought he'll never had to track human being again.

For a couple of seconds, the caster stopped and check if everything was going as planned at the other side of the alley. It was his mistake. Khefren seized his chance and, without hesitation, took a leap of faith, diving off right on his target.

Last edited:

Remove ads