• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)- IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: No magic detected.

Tregin looks ahead and then back. "It looks like the hallway turns back," he says pointing ahead across the plates towards the end of the corridor. "It might run parallel to the hall we entered and their was another way. Perhaps we can go back and around and get to that doorway without trying to cross this." he finishes with a wave towards the squared of plates.

OOC2: If you go back and up the hall will need a perception check - trapfinding please.

Attachments

• LToSS- quick map.jpg
    LToSS- quick map.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 67

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc ranger (trapper)

"If there's something that lets us bypass this nastiness, let's give it a shot before I go fiddling with anything," Gyrs says, doubling back through the group to lead them to the alternate hallway. Perhaps due to his growing tension at the complexity of the first trap, his ears perk up and his nose sniffs wit extra caution.

OOC: Hello, natural 20. So good of you to visit and show me all the potential dangers. :)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Gyrs spots another pressure plate in the first hallway the group entered. It is about halfway up and the interesting thing is he sees nothing to which it connects. By-passing the plate he continues to search the hall and finds the same strange marks along both walls near the far corner.

Then it dons on him. "Looks like if you activate the plate the ceiling drops dumping something into the corridor. The gutters carry it down the passage. I'm no dwarf but I bet if one were here he would tell you this passage has a slight slope leading down to carry whatever along the length of it. Probably the same in the other corridor where we found the same marks."

"Should we just mark off the area or attempt to disarm it?" Tregin asks not knowing to much about such things.

OOC: Trap spotted (good roll) - cracks in the ceiling confirm it will drop down like a ramp releasing something. If you attempt to disarm I will roll that, can't have you knowing if you succeed or not.

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc ranger

"Should we just mark off the area or attempt to disarm it?" Tregin asks not knowing to much about such things.

Gyrs cocks his head, considering, then says "If the tunnels sloped down, seems to me something dropping and rolling would go right over those pressure plates. Maybe we don't avoid the trap, but set it off, and let the heavy nasty rock take all the hits from whatever's gonna come shooting out of the walls."

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc trapper

Gyrs grins and starts wriggling out of his chain shirt. "Hate trying to work in this thing..." he mutters. Once he's extricated himself, and made sure the rest of the party is on the safe side, he works out a method to set the trap off in the direction he wants.

OOC: I'm not sure if setting off the trap constitutes a Disable attempt, but since I figure you might conceivably rule that setting it off in the manner I describe requires skill, I'll roll one after posting

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I don't see how whatever it is that drops from the ceiling will get around the corner Gyrs." Tergin states pointing at the sharp squared off walls. "Maybe we should see what is around this next corner first."

OCC: will save your roll.

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc trapper

Gyrs shrugs. "I suppose that makes sense. Ah, well, let's see what's 'round the bend."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads