• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hollow's Last Hope [OOC]

Azgulor

Adventurer
Yes, I've been waiting on our masterful DM.

Please, throw us a bone! I've got oodles of pent up sarcasm in Cyryn waiting to be unleashed on ... well, whoever happens to be handy but you get the idea!

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Hiatus

Hello, all!

I apologize for my absence these last few days, but unfortunately life has thrown my family a bit of a curve ball.

What should have been a routine visit to the pediatrician for my 6-month old son has become a bit of a scare. The doctor is concerned about the size and shape of his head, and so we are undergoing tests. First a CT Scan, then an MRI, and now we are awaiting results to see where we go from here. I have had to put the gaming on hold for a bit while dealing with all of this, and I'm trying to spend more time in support of my family.

Please don't delete the bookmarks for this game, as I will return when I can. Hopefully, we will get good test results, and all will return to normal shortly.

Thank you all for understanding!
YOA

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Of course we understand, Albatross! Family always comes first, and I think that I speak for all of us when I say that you and your son are on our minds, and we don't mind waiting one bit for things to clear up. Best of luck, my friend.

As for us players, perhaps we should occupy ourselves while Albatross is gone. A brief little IC chat, perhaps? I think that we can assume that we're walking down the path, and we can always chat and swap stories while waiting for our next random encounter. ;)

hero4hire

Explorer
Ugh! There is nothing worse then worrying about the health of your kids. Especially when they are so young! You instinctively feel like you did something wrong or at least I did when my infant daughter had some health issues. Hopefully the Pediatrician is just being overly cautious and I really really hope everything works out and the tests come back okay.

As for the game? Don't worry about it! I am positive everyone understands this is WAY more important and I am sure we will be around when you start up again.

Azgulor

Adventurer
I posted this to your other game as well, but just in case you get here first:

Best wishes, YOA. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of your son - we'll be ready when you are.

Having a grade-schooler and a toddler of my own, I know nothing rattles a parent more than the kind of stuff you're experiencing. Again, I hope all is well and God bless.

Azgulor

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Update

Everyone,

First, thanks to you all for the kind words and well-wishing. I really appreciate them, and so does my family. It's great to feel like I'm a part of a community of friends, even though none of you actually know me beyond the screen name. That's part of why I wouldn't do my PbP gaming anywhere else. :)

Now, an update on my son's health: The CTScan looks promising, but it didn't quite have good enough resolution to rule out hydrocephalus. Hence, the MRI, and now we are awaiting the results of that test (hopefully today!) Our hope is that our son does not have hydrocephalus, but even if he does not, the next step is physical therapy (for some tightness in his neck muscles, and some slight delays in gross motor skills such as rolling over, etc.), and likely a fitting for an orthotic helmet to help reshape his developing skull. Okay, that's probably more than any of you really wanted to know, but there you go.

So, what about gaming? Well, now that the initial emotional shock has abated, and we are dealing with the situation day by day, I think I can get back in the swing of things, at least a little bit. I'm going to start by resuming posting in the games for which I am a player, and see how that works out. I'm not ready to resume DMing, which is considerably more time intensive, but if things work out well, I'd love to get things going again. For my players, please keep an eye on the OOC threads, hopefully it won't be too long. For Insight, s@squ@tch, and my fellow players in those respective games, Droban and Alessin should have posts up soon.

Again, thanks to all of you for your kindness and understanding! :)

Nazhkandrias

First Post
It's no problem at all - I'm glad that your test results are coming in. Best of luck to you, I hope that everything will be OK! As for DMing, please, take your time and begin when you're ready. We'll all be here, and ready to keep going when you are. Glad to hear that you're doing alright, and glad to have you back.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Hey all, I have an update and some good news for you! My son's MRI results have come back normal, to our great joy and relief. Things are not necessarily all rosy, as we have physical therapy and orthotic correction ahead of us still. But, overall, things are looking up.

With that said, I am going to go ahead and kickstart this game again. For now, I think I'll be able to only DM one game, and I'm going to go with this one for two reasons. First, because it is older, and second because it's lower level which makes things easier for me. So, look for a new post IC very soon! :)

Remove ads