How would you stat a boomerang?

Coroc

Hero
Your idea seems about right 1d4 bludgeoning range 30 /120 is ok, if someone is proficient with this weapon he can opt to catch it on a miss as a REACTION with a simple dex check DC10
When it hits it falls to the ground. It also can be used as a Club 1d4 melee. Not more than 1 attack / round if you opt to catch it on a miss. Dual wielding possible but it is not a Finesse weapon.

Greg K

Legend
I mean we want to encourage people to play characters like these two, not use some skewed sense of realism in a game with hit points and magic to keep them from having fun.\

Well, you can speak for yourself as to what is fun. Personally, I find more "realism" as proposed by [MENTION=44997]connor[/MENTION]RPG to be more fun (edit: And, then, I realized that I had responded to a post from 2014)

Greg K

Legend
Sorry, if I focused too much on how they actually work. When writing/playing DMing I always start with 'how would that look in the world?' I am not one to go straight to what would be a cool rule first. I understand if others want their boomerangs to do that, I was just trying to explain their use (assuming several people on here have not used them).

Well, for what it is worth, I will be using your version.

Remove ads