• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How would you stat a boomerang?

Coroc

Hero
Your idea seems about right 1d4 bludgeoning range 30 /120 is ok, if someone is proficient with this weapon he can opt to catch it on a miss as a REACTION with a simple dex check DC10
When it hits it falls to the ground. It also can be used as a Club 1d4 melee. Not more than 1 attack / round if you opt to catch it on a miss. Dual wielding possible but it is not a Finesse weapon.

Greg K

Legend
I mean we want to encourage people to play characters like these two, not use some skewed sense of realism in a game with hit points and magic to keep them from having fun.\

Well, you can speak for yourself as to what is fun. Personally, I find more "realism" as proposed by [MENTION=44997]connor[/MENTION]RPG to be more fun (edit: And, then, I realized that I had responded to a post from 2014)

Greg K

Legend
Sorry, if I focused too much on how they actually work. When writing/playing DMing I always start with 'how would that look in the world?' I am not one to go straight to what would be a cool rule first. I understand if others want their boomerangs to do that, I was just trying to explain their use (assuming several people on here have not used them).

Well, for what it is worth, I will be using your version.

Remove ads