D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

Wrathamon

Adventurer
You should try sports fandom some day if you want to see constant sky is falling this sucks commentary :) A team could win 50 out of 60 games, and those 10 losses are the end of the world each time, let's fire everyone and start over, this team is a disaster!
I'm 40+ year Raider fan ... oh dont worry I am tired of it there as well. Everything sucks since the 70s and early 80s. Sound familar?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Usually people dont make a huge jump like this though. Jumping from horror movies, which let's be real doesnt take a whole lot of range to an action movie isnt that big of a change up in style.

Unless his character is going to kill people at a candle light dinner while serenading them with the sultry sounds of Michael Bolton, I just dont see it being a good fit is all.

That's just how to cookie...... errrr biscuit, crumbles

As I said earlier, he's been on a villain kick for his later career, Including 5 different villains in Cloud Atlas. He transitioned pretty well from romantic comedy to drama, and just as well to shady/villain roles. Give him a good part and he seems up for it.

Now, if he's not to your taste, that's a totally different issue.

But as I said, the movie may sink - but I doubt he would be the reason.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Usually people dont make a huge jump like this though. Jumping from horror movies, which let's be real doesnt take a whole lot of range to an action movie isnt that big of a change up in style.

Unless his character is going to kill people at a candle light dinner while serenading them with the sultry sounds of Michael Bolton, I just dont see it being a good fit is all.

That's just how to cookie...... errrr biscuit, crumbles
It's not how it crumbles, though. It's just an ignorant take.

Remove ads

Remove ads