Hybrid mixes?

Ferret

Explorer
Obviously, some hybrid classes work, and some don't...either mechanically or roleplay wise.

The ones I picked out that 'might work' are Paladin/Warden and Invoker/Shaman.

What have people tried?

keterys

First Post
Warlock/Swordmage definitely works. Fighter/Ranger would be a little excessively good.

Rogue/Sorcerer looks like it'd work.

Turtlejay

First Post
Rogue|Ranger.

Two daggers, chose powers that work at melee/thrown. If you have CA, use the Rogue powers, if not, Quarry and use Ranger powers. Use the Hybrid feat to chose Brutal as your class feature.

(Warlord/Ranger/Fighter)|(Warlord/Ranger/Fighter)

Find a fighting style feat that has a couple benefits you like for a couple at wills, and chose your classes based on that. Good synergy with some of these combinations.

Wizard|Artificer

The hybrid ability to use any implement from either class with any power helps out here. And notice, both classes have builds that are Int primary, and either wis or con secondary. Not sure what to pick up as the hybrid talent feat....

Jay

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Anything can be made to work flavor-wise. The limiting factor there is player creativity, and that's no limit at all.

So mechanically, some obvious choices are:
- Barbarian/Sorcerer (Dragonborn)
- Fighter/Sorcerer (Dragonborn)
- Rogue/Sorcerer (Halfling)
- Ranger/Cleric (Elf)
- Warlock/Warlord (Tiefling)
- Warlord/Bard (Tiefling)
- Warlock/Bard (Tiefling)
- Cleric/Avenger
- Avenger/Invoker
- Wizard/Swordmage
- Wizard/Artificer
- Invoker/Artificer (Deva)

Cheers, -- N

Stuntman

First Post
One player in the campaign I run is playing a ranger-wizard (HC)/Rogue (MC). I found this combo (the archer ranger and wizard) works well. If he wants to take down a single strong target, he uses his ranger powers and HQ. If he wants to deal with multiple enemies and control the battlefield, he uses his wizard powers.

The same player plays a paladin-warlock in another campaign. I found that this particular character does not work that well. The main reason is that he tends to end up in melee quite often so he has very few opportunities to use his warlock powers which are mostly ranged. If he is able to stay at range (which did happen in one encounter), he can blast away with his warlock powers. When he is in melee, he ended up having to take an OA to use his warlock power and then he missed.:.-(

Shroomy

Adventurer
I created a pretty nice warforged fighter-sorcerer (Str-based with a lot of blasts and close bursts) hybrid with the warfoged juggernaut PP. I called him Tank (the warforged racial abilities really mitigate the lower hp total you end up with via the hybrid rules). I really want to play him, but my eladrin artificer hasn't a nasty survival habit!

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Dragonborn Sorcerer (Cosmic) / Barbarian with a Staff of the Serpent, Staff of Battle, Vanguard Staff, & Horned Helm etc works great. Adding STR to spells rocks. When enemies see a sorcerer, they definately don't expect him to charge them! Great fun!

Remove ads