I think I'm moving to Seattle, or close to it.

punkorange

First Post
Thanks, he's as rotten as he is cute though :p been in his terrible twos for almost two years.

As far as where at I'll be, we're not sure, we just know we're going to be close to Seattle. Is Bellingham north from there?

punkorange

First Post
Ahh Wikipedia, today's hitchhicker's guide.

Man I can't wait to move, in case anyone is curious, the place I live has absolutely nothing to do.

Mycanid

First Post
Arkansas eh? Never been there. I have been in most of the states on the northern, northeastern and western perimeter of the country. Very little in the middle of the country or in the south, southeast, though.

Well, speaking only froma drive-through-the state kinda perspective ... Washington is very nice, very wet and green (if you like that sort of thing - I do).

I hope it works out for you as well as you hope. :)

punkorange

First Post
Yeah, there's a group of us moving as friends; My wife, son, a couple very close friends, and me.

I have visions of being able to snowboard, go to actual gaming stores, ice skate, rollerblade, ya know stuff. Here there's none of that. My town had a skating rink back in the day, but it went belly up.

Mycanid

First Post
Well that is an nice arrangement, to be sure. :)

I moved to here to northern Cali without my friends back in upstate NY, and miss them often, even after all these years. I'm not able to see them as much as I would like to at all.

Snowboarding, yes. Mt. Ranier and all. Mt. Baker is nearby, according to the wikipedia page.

Rollerblading, yes ... I assume here you mean on paved streets and such? :D (I grew up on a farm which is why I make the clarification.)

Gaming stores and ice skating I can't say .... :\ Can't imagine why not though.

Here is the city of Bellingham's website, btw: http://www.cob.org/

punkorange

First Post
Yeah, street skating (clarified). And I can only assume your right, there have to be ice skating rinks if there are pro hockey teams. Which is another thing I'm excited about, I've been to one real hockey game and look forward to many many more.

Mycanid

First Post
Ah ha ... a hockey fan. Well ... I am sure that hockey cannot be far away from Bellingham.

Hmm ... quick google-fu check reveals that Seattle has a minor league hockey team called the Seattle Thunderbirds. :\

Xyanthon

First Post
Punkorange,

I moved from Springfield Missouri out to Seattle five years ago. It was quite a change, but one I'm sure that you will find well worth it. People in Seattle are friendly, the city has lots to do and the area is absolutely beautiful. Things such as housing are quite a bit more expensive than the midwest but I didn't find food and other things to be much more expensive. There is a good public transit system as far as the bus goes. I wish Seattle would get around to the light rail system. As has been mentioned, living outside of the city will probably be much cheaper for you. Check out Everett and Bellingham. (or perhaps Bothell where I lived- it's closer to Seattle but has been getting a bit more expensive lately).

I recently moved to Italy after having been in Japan for a year and a half, but when people ask, I still consider Seattle my home. When I'm done globe hopping, I'll either head back to Seattle or Portland (assuming I do come back to the states).

Remove ads