(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Jack stepped to the side of the kitchen doors and waved for the front-line to move in. The heavy doors pushed inward to a smoke-filled and odorous kitchen, with a packed dirt floor and two seven-foot-high trestle tables covered with pots, kettles and bowls.

Counters along the walls were cluttered with wooden utensils, jugs, mugs, and plates. Barrels were piled near the tables, and various cheeses, smoked meats, and sausages hung from the blackened rafters. Simmering in the hearths were two fat iron cauldrons overflowing with hot broth.

Between the tables stood a massively fat hill giant wearing a stained leather apron. The giant screamed instructions at a dozen orcs (a few of them, judging by their size, were half-ogres), who worked the counters in a frenzy of activity.

No one took particular notice of the door as it opened.

OOC: Should I post a call for round one?

G1Kitchen0.jpg

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
(OoC Orogs!)

Are any of the orcs armed--besides kitchen knives--do they have armor? Do they look like beaten down servers?

~We may have to focus on only one big target here~

Tenibor draws his wand.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
The little giant didn't hesitate and called out.

::Hey, Chef! Sly Gulla said that whoever cooked was a weak-jawed lout who shouldn't feed wolves. I suggest you go smack them upside the head with your ladle and show them who's boss.::

OOC: Eoghan is casting Suggestion. It's a DC 17 WIS save, made with disadvantage due to the Fochlucan Bandore. If the suggestion isn't reasonable the spell will auto-fail.

Eoghan AC15 HP 75/75 THP 8/8 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc17 2/4 2/3 3/3 2/3 1/1 BI 2/5

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Even in his brief overview of the kitchen, Tenibor could tell that it operated through a top-down bullying system. The chef would bully the orogs, who would in turn bully the orcs. By their grubby, broken appearance, Tenibor could tell that the orcs were indentured servants, perhaps even slaves. There was little sign of the proud warrior tradition that characterized the orc tribes that were the longstanding enemies of his people.

Aside from the hill giant chef's heavy leather apron, the kitchen staff wore only canvas and quilted garments, which would offer only slight protection in a fight - more meant for protection from heat than from swords. There were many knives about (including, hanging from the chef's belt, a massive meat-cleaver) but the staff was essentially unarmed.

Eoghan stepped forward and made a bold suggestion to the chef, who answered, ::He said dat!? We know who ta blame, don't we? It was yoo!::

Most of the orcs looked at the ground, lest it be them, but a few looked at one orog in particular, who spun toward the chef and cringed, his hands held high in protest. Just as Eoghan had suggested, the giant took a heavy ladle from his apron and struck the orog, who staggered from the blow.

OOC: Orog1 took 11 damage.

HGChef vs Eoghan: (It's not unreasonable, but I'm going to give him advantage because Sly Gulla is not in the Steading ATM, and the Chef ought to know that. He's busy enough not to think of it, though, so not an auto-fail. Adv. will cancel Disadv. from the Bandalor, so straight roll):
dc17 Wis Save: 1D20 = [1] = 1 Haw!
HGC vs Orog1
Ladle Attack: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19 for 3D4+5 = [1, 1, 4]+5 = 11

Blue

OOC: Dangit. Eoghan had meant the "them" to be Sly Gulla, but rereading it's ambiguous. Ah well, so much for getting him out of here and causing a ruckus elsewhere we could take advantage of. If you can't outsmart a hill giant, what does that say about you? ;)

Blue

::Must be a pain with the Stoney and the Cloudy - how long you hafta be feeding them? They stayin' much longer? Bet they don't even like yer cookin' as much as the Chief do. Mebbe play a prank on them.::

The firbolg's cadence and style fell close to the giants in the other room, his speech mimicking theirs.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
~We still have a moment to take advantage of this vicious oafs confusion~

Tenibor moves into the kitchen and calls out in giantish ::Foul Brute! The time has come to destroy the giants!::

He fires three uneering bolts from his wand. They seem small next to his words. He seems small next to the giant.

(8 damage!; 2 1s rolled; 4/7 wand; ready to cast shield)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Okay, I'm going to have to let everyone have a turn. Let's slow into rounds. Eoghan and Tenibor have gone. (Though I will return to resolve Tenibor's turn and Eoghan's persuasion. Everyone else:

GM: Begin Round One

Lidgar

Gongfarmer

Quinn doesn't hesitate when the others attack. He speak the words of a spell gesturing towards the center of the room. As he finishes the incantation a black writhing mass of biting insects well up from the floor. The mass of locusts quickly engulf the hill giant and spread outward to do the same to any orc or orog nearby.

OOC: I will cast Insect Plague. I would like to hit the Hill Giant and the 3 Orogs if possible, it has a 20' radius. I think centering it on S34 should do that. Anything under the template take Insect Plague Damage: 4d10 21 or half on a successful DC18 Con save. The area is also now difficult terrain and lightly obscured.

Quinn: AC17* HP 62/62 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc18 4/4 3/3 3/3 3/3 0/1 WS 1/2 GB 2/4 CO 2/4 ET 1/1 DS 1/1 H 1/1 MS 1/1 Ba 1/1

Remove ads