D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
As weary as she was, Quellathe was glad it was Tirion who climbed down into the it, leaving her to sit with Naeris, drawing comfort from her friend. "While the bow is my best weapon, I have trained with a long sword, and could certainly use it, but the same could be said for Uhtred as well. What say you, noble dwarf?"


 

log in or register to remove this ad

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn nods, "One of you should have the blade. I know the longsword well enough, but I prefer my Rapier. As for the ring, Levanna seems the logical choice." He look over to Tirion. "You deserve the best of those gems for going into the pit. I am ashamed to say that I was loath to do it, though I should have been the one." He looks down at his feet.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
4sbq50.jpg

Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 6 (Life)
Where: Port Fury/The Temple
When: 3.4/Morning
Round 0

Tirion nodded at the others. “Then we will save the sword for later, if we need it,” he said. He carefully wrapped the sword and slipped it into his pack and looked to Kelvyn. “I will keep the gems, but they will be for all of us,” he said. “The only funding we have for this mission is what we find. Are we ready to proceed, then?” he asked, the light of his continual flame amulet glinting in the gems as he slipped them into his belt pouch.

[sblock=OOC]Do we know how much the gems are worth? Or do we need to get them appraised? Maybe an Intelligence check?

Appraise the gems: 1D20 = [13] = 13
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tirion’s Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Conditions:
Concentration: Guidance
Inspiration: 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 39/39 HD: 3/6d8

Channel Divinity (2/R)
Turn/Destroy Undead (CR 1/2)
Preserve Life (30)

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness, Silence
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/3
3rd: 3/3
[/sblock]

 

TallIan

Explorer
Uhtred, Fighter 6

"Yes, let's get moving." Uhtred said moving to the doorway. "With light this time I think, but I'll stay a little ahead, beyond the reach of the light. Hopefully next time we wont all be caught by surprise."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Conditions: None
Abilities:
Action Surge: 1/1
Second Wind: 1/1

Offense:
Great Axe +1: +7 1d12+4S
Maul: +6 2d6 +3B

Initiative: +1
Perception: +5 (Passive: 15)
Speed 25 AC: 17 (Splint)
HP: 61/64 HD: 5/6d10
Main Hand: Great Axe
Off Hand; -
[/SBLOCK]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Gathering their gear and stowing the loot for now, the party carefully shuffles across the ledge to the other side of the room and the door there. This wooden door was badly charred with several boards missing and other planks obviously weakened. The handles, hinges, and other metal fittings were half-melted, soundly jamming the door shut. The room beyond, as seen through the holes, was severely burnt, its furnishings buried and ruined beyond recognition. The ceiling had collapsed for the most part, revealing another chamber and partially collapsed second floor above. Little of the ceiling still remains around the walls of the room and filtered sunlight half illuminates a much larger area beyond. The floor is littered with beams, plaster, ash, and unknown pieces of junk. The air is filled with the odor of rot.

GM: This door can't be open, instead you need to force it. No roll required but unless some magical means are use you all believe that it will make a great deal of noise
 

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]Levanna slid the ring onto the ring finger of her right hand and felt its power radiating into her skin. Concentrating, she attuned herself to its energy flows. With a smile of satisfaction, she followed the others across the room.

"Hm.. None of my spells can handle this door silently," she whispered regretfully. "The best I can do perhaps is to try to teleport inside and have a look around before we open it."

The idea reminded her of Ciymthrax, her familiar. She had instructed the otherworldly hawk to fly above the party and watch for danger. She closed her eyes and tried to contact him. Ciymthrax, are you there?[/section]

[sblock=actions]Levanna will try to communicate telepathically and link with her familiar's senses. If he's in range (100ft.) and there's nothing immediately attention grabbing, she'll command him to catch up to the party, giving him mental directions on where to fly if needed.[/sblock]
[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 6)
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 16
HP 32/38

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 15

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile, Protection From Evil and Good
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 3/3

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor, Water Breathing, Comprehend Languages

Character Sheet
[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
4sbq50.jpg

Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 6 (Life)
Where: Port Fury/The Temple
When: 3.4/Morning
Round 0

Tirion examined the burned and charred door. It was stuck fast, he noted. The y could probably break it in, but that would be noisy.

“I can help with the noise,” Tirion told Levanna. “Uhtred and I could put our shoulders into it.”

Clasping the glowing holy symbol at his throat, Tirion whispered the words to a spell. Suddenly it was eerily silent. They couldn’t even hear themselves breathing.

Tirion gestured to Uhtred so together they could pit their strength against the door.

[sblock=Tirion’s Actions]
Action: Cast Silence and then use the Help action to give Uhtred advantage on the Strength roll to break the door.
Bonus Action:
Move:
Conditions:
Concentration: Guidance
Inspiration: 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 39/39 HD: 3/6d8

Channel Divinity (2/R)
Turn/Destroy Undead (CR 1/2)
Preserve Life (30)

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness, Silence
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 1/3
3rd: 3/3
[/sblock]

 

TallIan

Explorer
Uhtred, Fighter 6

Uhtred watched Tirion chant a spell, as Tirion finished the final syllable Uhtred's world went eerily quite. With the slight ringing in his ears from too many battles the only thing he could hear, Uhtred counted down on his fingers then he and Tirion threw thier weight against the door.

The pair burst through, splinters and lumps of wood landing on the floor as quietly as feathers.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Conditions: None
Abilities:
Action Surge: 1/1
Second Wind: 1/1

Offense:
Great Axe +1: +7 1d12+4S
Maul: +6 2d6 +3B

Initiative: +1
Perception: +5 (Passive: 15)
Speed 25 AC: 17 (Splint)
HP: 61/64 HD: 5/6d10
Main Hand: Great Axe
Off Hand; -
[/SBLOCK]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Quellathe, somewhat chagrined at her hesitation to offer suggestions, carefully looked around the room once Tirion and Uhtred broke open the door, and signalled Naeris to do the same.

[sblock='rolls']
Quellathe, perception:
_: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

Naeris, perception:
_: 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15

[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Quellathe (Ranger 6)
Initiative: + 3 (w/adv.) Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Speed: 30'


AC: 15
HP 40/46


In Hand: Bow of Warning
Off Hand: None


Spell Save DC: 13


Known Spells:
Cantrip: Booming Blade
1st Level: Hunter’s Mark, Speak with Animals, Hail of Thorns
2nd Level: Beast Sense


Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 3/3


Active Spells (c) denotes concentration


Naeris (Panther)
Initiative: + 2 Perception: +7
Passive Perception: 17
Speed: 50’ climb 40’


AC: 15
HP 24


GP: 99


Consumable Magic Items
Potion of Healing (2/3)
Dust of Disappearance (1/2)
Spell Scrolls: Animal Friendship, Detect Poison and Disease, Speak with Animals (x2), Fog Cloud






Character Sheet
[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
As quiet as ghosts the pair force the door open and break into the next chamber. It was about fifteen feet wide and twenty long but opened into a much larger chamber that was at least thirty feet wide and over a hundred feet long. Both areas where heavily charred by flame many years ago, filled with blackened debris and rubble. The roof has partially collapsed in many places making it difficult to move around or see all the spaces even as the sun shins down into the area. It appears that this might once have been a lower floor where the priests and acolytes once lived.

There was an open hallway leading out of the area both to the east and the southern parts of the temple grounds. The rot of something dead was very strong throughout the area and Quellathe thought that the way the shadows were moving was unnatural... something was moving swiftly through the rubble and debris the ranger believed, advancing towards the party.

GM: Are you maintaining the Silence spell? If so still very quiet around the party
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top