D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn moves forward slowly keeping his eyes wide as there would be no auditory warning of trouble. His crossbow is held ready for firing. He moves in a zig zag pattern to better see behind the fallen bits and tries to use his nose to identify the source of the rotting dead smell.

OOC: Perception +6 should you need to roll.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
4sbq50.jpg

Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 6 (Life)
Where: Port Fury/The Temple
When: 3.4/Morning
Round 0

As they moved into the next room beyond the door, Tirion released the Silence spell he had cast, the ambient sound level returning to normal in a rush. The cleric looked around for any sign of danger in the room. There had been a fire here. He prodded some of the wreckage with the toe of his sabaton.

[sblock=Tirion’s Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Conditions:
Concentration: Guidance
Inspiration: 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 39/39 HD: 3/6d8

Channel Divinity (2/R)
Turn/Destroy Undead (CR 1/2)
Preserve Life (30)

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness, Silence
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 1/3
3rd: 3/3
[/sblock]

 

GreenKarl

First Post
As sound returns to the chamber everyone heard a strange moan, like the wind blowing through trees, but there is no wind blowing in the area. The air is still with the smell of rot and decay. The heroes felt an ominous presence in the area but nothing they can see...

GM: As mentioned there are two open hallway leading out of the main chamber, to the east and to the south. Nothing else appears to be in the room but everyone feels something is off... like they are being watched
 

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]Levanna could not shake the feeling that they were being watched. When Tirion's spell ended and her sense of hearing returned, her head whipped around to her companions. Seeing that they had heard the creepy sounds as well, she tensed up and was on her guard.

She searched her memory for references to unnatural phenomenon she might have come across in her teenage years spent with books as a scribe and a budding scholar.[/section]

[sblock=rolls]If I can, I'd like to roll for some more info :)

Arcana [roll0]
Nature [roll1][/sblock]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 6)
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 16
HP 32/38

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 15

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile, Protection From Evil and Good
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 3/3

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor, Water Breathing, Comprehend Languages

Character Sheet
[/sblock]
 

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Quellathe started to speak to warn her companions, but no sound emerged. Chagrined, she remembered Tirion's spell. She did her best to motion to them instead.

OOC: Is the "something" far enough away for Quellathe to use her bow? If so she gets it out. If it's too close/advancing to quickly for good use of the bow, she will keep her scimitars out.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Quellathe could see nothing in the room only that it feels like something is here, possibly within the deeper shadows on the other side of the room near the southern hallway.

From
Levanna's reading of the arcane, she believed that it was some incorporeal or semi-incorporeal creature that quit possibly feared the sunlight. Such creatures might be a malevolent ghost or something even deadlier like a wight.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
4sbq50.jpg

Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 6 (Life)
Where: Port Fury/The Temple
When: 3.4/Morning
Round 0

Tirion tensed as the moans echoed around them. “Be on the alert,” he whispered to the others. He gripped his mace and shield, his holy symbol glowing with light at his throat. He spoke a quiet prayer and then moved slowly forward.

[sblock=Tirion’s Actions]
Action: Cast Bless on Uhtred, Quellathe, and Levanna. +1d4 to attacks and saves.
Bonus Action:
Move:
Conditions:
Concentration: Bless
Inspiration: 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 39/39 HD: 3/6d8

Channel Divinity (2/R)
Turn/Destroy Undead (CR 1/2)
Preserve Life (30)

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness, Silence
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 3/4
2nd: 1/3
3rd: 3/3
[/sblock]

 

TallIan

Explorer
Uhtred, Fighter 6

Uhtred felt the unease in the room. As the party moved forward Uhtred moved forward in line with Tirion and a little to one side, forming a protective front line for the rest of the group behind. His axe held ready and eyes alert for danger.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Conditions: None
Abilities:
Action Surge: 1/1
Second Wind: 1/1

Offense:
Great Axe +1: +7 1d12+4S
Maul: +6 2d6 +3B

Initiative: +1
Perception: +5 (Passive: 15)
Speed 25 AC: 17 (Splint)
HP: 61/64 HD: 5/6d10
Main Hand: Great Axe
Off Hand; -
[/SBLOCK]
 

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]"Beware! That is likely the moans of a ghost, wraith, or other unquiet spirit," Levanna hissed.

She was surprised by a gnawing feeling of fear that she had thought was long since buried beneath years of maturity. As a girl, she had been frightened by ghost stories. She pushed the feeling aside as she began weaving her magic.
[/section]

[sblock=actions]If there's still time, Levanna will cast Protection from Evil and Good[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 6)
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 16
HP 32/38

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 15

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile, Protection From Evil and Good
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 3/3

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor, Water Breathing, Comprehend Languages

Character Sheet
[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
The heroes move into the central part of the ruined chamber. As the sunlight falls upon them the malevolent presences in the room seems to fade...

GM: You can make Wisdom (Perception) checks to search around the room or you can move towards the east or south hallway
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top