• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Come on, Chrysagon tells the lizard. Come with us and guide us further than the Yellow Banner. Chrysagon holds out his hand and expect the lizard to jump on to it. You can sit on my shoulder. You are right, I am goated but I feel fine. Don't worry!

Ok, let's see if we can find Ussal.
He enters the small room and thinks that maybe the burning torch is creating the fire in the room. He grabs his waterskin and tries to douse the lit torch with some water. He steels himself for the worst...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Mmmm...." said the lizard with frightened skepticism. "Well, I guess I'm just gonna starve if I stay here. Wait! Was that Ubtao I heard!? I'm going where the Father goes, and if that's with you lot, I'm in!"

He jumped out from under the devil-tongue and scurried up Chrysagon's arm and tucked himself into the paladin's gorget, where he remained peeking out under Chrysagon's now very hairy chin.

Qawasha
Race: Human
HP: 50/52
AC: 12/16(Barkskin)
Pass Perc: 17
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 14
HD: 6/7
Spell Slots:
1st [X ] [X][] [ ]
2nd [] [ ] [ ]
3rd
[X] [ ] [ ]
4th [X ]
Wild shape: 2/2Initiative: +2Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14+2(+5)
WIS: 18 +4(+7)
CHA:11 +0
Medicine: 7
Nature: 5
Perception: 7
Survival:
Natural Recovery: 0/1
Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Speak with Animals, Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Animal Messenger, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Water Breathing, *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Daylight
4th: Conjure Woodland being, Stone Shape, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement

"Mmmm...." said the lizard with frightened skepticism. "Well, I guess I'm just gonna starve if I stay here. Wait! Was that Ubtao I heard!? I'm going where the Father goes, and if that's with you lot, I'm in!"
"Oh, I am no priest" says Qawasha, slightly embarrassed but there was a hint of pride in his eyes as he glanced to Miss Imogen and Weed

"You should hide deeper in his armour in case you get splattered by the lava. But if Ubtao says we must go, I will go next!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The flames sizzled as Chrysagon doused the skeleton-held torch with his waterskin, but would not go out.

"I can't believe that we're doing this!" said Whizbang the Lizard, from under Chrysagon's chin. When Qawasha told him to tuck further in, he did so, squirming around under Chrysagon's armor until he found a relatively comfortable spot.

As Ussal squeezed his way through the low tunnel, the water grew thick with silt, finally turning almost into a thick mud. He could just make out a source of light through the thickening soup through which he swam.
GM: Forward or Back?

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon sighed at the reluctance of the flame to go out. While he considered his next move, Chrysagon placed his hand close to the flame to see if it gave off any heat. You just be quiet and hide well under the armour and all will end well. At least for you, he said after some pause.
Next, he tried to see if there where any hidden mechanisms or strange protrusions that would indicate switch, or so. The see better in the small chamber, he cast Light on the blackened skeleton.

Qawasha
Race: Human
HP: 50/52
AC: 12/16(Barkskin)
Pass Perc: 17
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 14
HD: 6/7
Spell Slots:
1st [X ] [X][] [ ]
2nd [] [ ] [ ]
3rd
[X] [ ] [ ]
4th [X ]
Wild shape: 2/2Initiative: +2Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14+2(+5)
WIS: 18 +4(+7)
CHA:11 +0
Medicine: 7
Nature: 5
Perception: 7
Survival:
Natural Recovery: 0/1
Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Speak with Animals, Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Animal Messenger, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Water Breathing, *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Daylight
4th: Conjure Woodland being, Stone Shape, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement

“Move already and let me pull the torch, if you must stand there all day. Ubtao has given us a sign. ”

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As Chrysagon pondered the torch, Qawasha impatiently twisted the handle, and the volcanic murals produced their lava-like substance, filling the room with massive heat and small fires. When the 'lava' flowed away, they were gone.

OOC: @Kobold Stew - I think Imogen is the only one left (along with Weed & Ghoruk, who are waiting for her lead). What would you like to do?

Chrysagon and Qawasha found themselves singed, but were quickly relieved of the worst of the sensation by being half-doused in luke warm water. They found themselves in another small chamber, its damp walls covered with living snails and oysters. It was neck-deep in water and its walls featured sculptural reliefs of tidal waves in the act of destroying coastal cities and swamping ships. A merfolk skeleton was embedded in the far wall, like the human one in the first room. It clutched an iron sconce fitted with a burning red candle that cast the chamber in a dim, eerie light. The water that they were half-swimming in appeared to be draining out from somewhere below them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads