D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Chwingas chittered and gestured, dancing around the group. They all turned into flies and buzzed quickly through the door. With no one left to hold the door, it closed behind them, under the magic of the place. The Chwingas took up places behind posts of the balcony, safely out of sight as the flies flew over the large room below.

The sleeping hag snored as her ants patrolled the room in circles. Presumably they would notice a person walking nearby, from the vibrations, but they took no notice of the flies swirling overhead.

There was a large cage in the room, whose occupant had been obscured by the green smoke when they were here earlier, but now it was revealed - it appeared to be Chrysagon. Not the goat-person that they had last seen, but a young, bald, naked Chrysagon. He had pale, almost translucent skin and vestigial feathered wings on his back. He sat on the floor of the cage, bored and depressed.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Qawasha
Race: Human
HP: 49/52
AC: 12
Pass Perc:17
Pass Inv: 12
Pass Ins: 14
HD: 7/7
Spell Slots:
1st [ ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [] [ ] [ ]
3rd
[] [ ] [ ]
4th [X]
Wild shape: 2/2Initiative: +2Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14+2(+5)
WIS: 18 +4(+7)
CHA:11 +0
Medicine: 7
Nature: 5
Perception: 7
Survival:
7
Natural Recovery: 1/1
Cantrips
Druidcraft, Shillelagh,
control flames, Produce Flame, Guidance
Memorized spells
1st Healing Word Create Water, Goodberry, Entangle
2nd Pass Without Trace, *Barkskin, *Spider Climb, L.Restoration, Spike Growth
3rd , Flame arrows , *Call lightning, *Plant Growth, Dispel Magic
4th: Conjure Woodland being, *Divination, *Freedom of Movement


The flies buzzed around, checking under the other doors to see what might potentially be behind them but, rather than waste too much time, they did a bee-line for the hag. When they were all buzzing above, the Chwingas all stopped concentrating on their spell.

As the group landed, the remaining four Chwingas held hands and began dancing in a circle around Weed, singing a strange song**

As the group pummeled the Hag, Weed suddenly turned into a great, four legged dinosaur with three sharp horns upon its armoured head. As an added touch, wild flowers wreathed the reptile's head. As he grew, he broke through the railing and tumbled down in to the room below. Recovering from the sudden change, the Vegypygmy charged towards the hag, knocking over things and smashing tables on the way through.


ok, well, since no-one else wanted to post, I just started the combat. I suppose it makes the most sense for Imogen to be on a balcony where she can shoot arrows.

Maybe there was a couple minutes to see if we could peek under doors. Not sure if you require a check.

In any case, The idea is just to drop beside the Hag and attack when the Chwingas stop concentrating. The four remaining Chwingas will ready to do their dance when we attack so as not to ruin our ambush.

Qawasha Initiative: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19

Bonus action to cast Shillelagh, then attack:
attack: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
Crit. Although, if the hag is sleeping, it might be an auto crit anyways??
damage: 2D8+0 = [1, 2] = 3 wow. Disappointing.

**Weed is delaying his action until the the remaining four Chwingas polymorph him into a dino. Weed is 5 HD so that means he can be a Triceratops

I'll roll for weed.
Initiative (but they wait to go after everyone else anyways:)
Weed Initiative: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

Weed dino gore attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+9 = [9, 20]+9 = 29
Another crit
Weed dino non-magic Gore crit damage: 8D8+6 = [4, 7, 4, 8, 7, 6, 8, 7]+6 = 57

Much Better!

If Hag is prone, Weed gets a stomp attack.
Weed dino Stomp attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+9 = [16, 18]+9 = 27
Weed dino Stomp damage: 3D10+6 = [1, 3, 8]+6 = 18


3/3 goodberries
Chawinga (pixie) stats (1 hour) (1hp each)

[]Sleepy: confusion, dancing lights, detect evil and good, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, fly, phantasmal force, polymorph, sleep
[]Happy: confusion, dancing lights, detect evil and good, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, fly, phantasmal force, polymorph, sleep
[]Grumpy: confusion, dancing lights, detect evil and good, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, fly, phantasmal force, polymorph, sleep
[]Dopey: confusion, dancing lights, detect evil and good, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, fly, phantasmal force, polymorph, sleep
[]Sneezy confusion, dancing lights, detect evil and good, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, fly, phantasmal force, polymorph, sleep
[]Bashful: confusion, dancing lights, detect evil and good, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, fly, phantasmal force, polymorph, sleep
[]Doc: confusion, dancing lights, detect evil and good, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, fly, phantasmal force, polymorph, sleep
[]Matchichinew: confusion, dancing lights, detect evil and good, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, fly, phantasmal force, polymorph, sleep
 

Attachments

  • vegypygmy charge!.png
    vegypygmy charge!.png
    887.9 KB · Views: 40



Ussal drops next to the hag and, if she still moves, pummels her mercilessly. He then shoves with his mind, pushing her away, both to create some space for others to drop around her and to trap her further next to Weeds bulk.

Action: Thunder gauntlets vs hag:
2d20.high(1)+8 = [18,3]+8 = 26;
1d8+5 = [5]+5 = 10;
2d20.high(1)+8 = [17,18]+8 = 26;
1d8+5 = [6]+5 = 11
- hag had disadvantage on attacks except for attacking Ussal

Bonus: Telekinetic shove further into the corner Strength save DC 15 to resist push 5' away from Ussal
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen wonders as the vegepygmy attains a form that reminds her of the dinosaurs in the city where she had first met Weed, Qawasha, and the others, and where this adventure had begun. They had seemed so wondrous then, but compared to this, they were now commonplace. So much had happened that she would have to tell her Uncle about, should she survive.

There was Weed. And there was the Hag. The attack had begun. Two arrows flew from her bow at the Hag.

OOC: From the balcony, Miss Imogen fires, with sharpshooter.:

Two shots:
1. Longbow: 1d20+4 for 1d8+14 piercing. 24 to hit (CRIT!). Damage = 16+1d8=19 (ack only the first roll should count.)
2. Longbow is a miss. (Is there advantage vs a sleeping creature? If so the attack rolls would be this (and it will be the SECOND d20 that will count towards this roll). If there's advantage, the roll is 1d20+4=13, which if it hits does 15 (from first roll; minimum possible).
 



FitzTheRuke

Legend
With a loud crash, Weed'tops tore through the room, knocking things in its wake. The hag was lifted on its nose-horn and flung out of her rocking-chair, before the chair itself was crushed underfoot as the leafy beast stomped on the writhing hag.

"Aah! Were'd ye coom frum!? We thought fer sure ye'd been blow t'bits by the broken disk!" she cried as she realized who was there. She did her best to block Ussal's follow-up attacks as she raised to her feet, with Qawasha thumping his gnarled staff on her back as she went.

"'Tis a scrap yer lookin' for, issit!?" she said, more to Ussal than to anyone else, for he held her attention at that moment. Her claws sparked as she raked them across Ussal's armored body before Imogen struck her in the shoulder with an arrow and caused her to duck a second one that flew past her ear.

"Sisters, sisters!" she called in a voice that seemed to echo into other places, "I've found 'em! An' they'd like a scrap! Hawhaw!"

A cloud of sand poured down the staircase into the room, with the vague shape of a woman inside it.

OOC: Qawasha did 3 & Weed did 37 to Hag1 (& knocked her prone); Imogen did 9; Ussal did 21; Hag did 17 to Ussal.
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Lair of the Sewn Sisters
1715627025692.png

(General Features)
Cover: Tables; Railings, etc
Difficult Terrain: Tables, etc.
Visibility: Dim (wall sconces)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Imogen AC17 HP 51/51 THP 0/5 HD 7/7 PP12 SSdc12 2/2 FS 3/3 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 Lk 3/3 Water
Myrral AC14 HP 58/58 HD 7/7 PP17* SSdc14 4/4 3/3 3/3 Ins 3/3
Qawasha AC12(16) HP 52/52 HD 7/7 PP17 SSdc15 4/4 2/3 1/3 1/1
Ussal AC20* HP 42/59 THP 7/7 (Rs. Psn) HD 7/7 PP14* SSdc15 4/4 2/2 DF 3/3
(NPCs)
Braapp AC14 HP 33/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Crysagoat AC13 HP 32/32 HD 4/4 PP12 Ram: 2xMWA+5/2d4+3
Grrol AC14 HP 33/33 HD 6/6 PP13*
Keshma AC18 HP 187/187 HD15/15 SSdc14 9/9 6/6
Kupalue (Weed) AC14 HP 27/27 HD 6/6 PP13* regen3
-Triceratops AC13 HP 95/95 Time Remaining: ~1 hour
Name * AC * HP * PP * Attacks * Spells * (Notes)
Hag1 (Widow Groat)
AC17 HP 42/112 PP16** (Resist: BPS, Cold & Fire)
GM: Begin Round Two
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top