• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

industrygothica said:
[sblock=jkason]The latter would be correct. All of their feet are firmly planted on the floor. And by planted I do not mean that they have taken root. ;) If this was the case for you to use detect magic on the water, I am perfectly comfortable assuming that that never happened and giving you your spell slot back. Sorry for the confusion.[/sblock]

[sblock=industrygothica]Yeah. Sorry I'm a dope. I had Shai use Detect Magic 'cause floating dwarves seemed conspicuous. If they weren't floating, I'd have held off. I appreciate you letting me back out of that.[/sblock]

"'Ware the ceiling," Shai says. The words barely escape his lips as the winged thing flings something like a spike from its tail and impales Shia in the shoulder.

Shai cries out, a mix of pain and anger. "You wanna sting me? You come down here where I can sting back!"

[sblock=OOC]I'm holding off declaring an action because I want to confirm a few things first:

1) Is the creature currently flying, or is it attached to / hanging from the ceiling?

2) How far away is the creature currently?[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Round 1

The creature is currently clinging to the ceiling of the cavern about 30 overhead.

19 Courage Bloodstone 34/34: fires an arrow (16+10=hit, 1d8+3=4 damage)
19 Shaimon Hu'u 18/32 (barkskin 245 rounds):
17 Tanith Dathius 18/20: casts fireball, (5d6=20 damage)
10 Flying Formian: dives at Courage (hit, 9 damage) and flies to the other side of the room
7 Dyspeer 20/29:
2 Jonas Cleighton 31/36: loads and fires his crossbow (12+2=miss)

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Spotting the creature after Shai's warning, Tanith looks up to spot the creature clinging up above. Pulling some components from her pouch, she focuses on them and they seem to fall to ashes at the same instant the creature is instantly surrounded by a flash of flames. The heat can be felt down below, but all the damage seems to be centered on the creature.

[sblock=DM] EDIT: Cast fireball 5d6[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
[sblock=DM] Is it 30 from the creatures head to the ground, or 30 feet to the cave ceiling. If there is enough room without harming the dwarves, she will cast fireball. If not she will cast magic missile.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tanith]There is plenty of room for Tanith to cast fireball[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage doesn't know about the intended fireball of course, and so drops the axe and raises her bow, with a sense of satisfaction that finally, something in this place is at range. Ptwang ptwang.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Courage lets loose with an arrow and does some minor damage to the flying formian.

Tanith sends forth a glowing bead that erupts into an impressive fireball, completely engulfing the flying formian.

The formian drops from the ceiling as Jonas brings up his heavy crossbow. The thing may have appeared to have fallen from the ceiling after the fireball, but it launches into a dive and digs its claws into Courage's shoulder as it passes, finally landing on the opposite wall above the steaming pool.

(end round 1)

--------------------------------------------
Round 2

19 Courage Bloodstone 25/34: fires two arrows (3+8=miss; 7+8=miss)
19 Shaimon Hu'u 18/32 (barkskin 244 rounds): prepares gust of wind
17 Tanith Dathius 18/20: casts magic missile
10 Flying Formian: snaps his tail and launches two spikes at Courage (11+=hit, 5 damage; 18+=hit, 5 damage)
7 Dyspeer 20/29:
2 Jonas Cleighton 31/36: loads and fires his crossbow (16+2=miss)

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage stifles a shout as the creature tears into her shoulder, and a tear rolls down her cheek. She fires another two shots.

Mista Collins

First Post
This time, Tanith decides to keep things a little simpler as she goes through some somatic motions and sends 3 bolts of pure energy at the creature on the wall.

ooc - magic missile 1d4+1 (3 bolts)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads