D&D 5E (IC) (OneShot) JustinCase's Within The Circle

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thadius controlled his anger at the rebuke and grumbled as he returned to his room for the night.

During the trip to Thistle the tiefling tried a different tact. He was the soul of courtly manners and made small talk with everyone. Everyone that is except for the Lady Magdalena. He was never rude and never ignored her when she made a suggestion for a good place to rest, he just kept his comments short and his eyes turned away. The epitome of a hurt soul.

"Should we scout out the area today, my friends?"
Thadius asks looking north at the treeline, then bringing his gaze around to the river/creek.

OOC: Does the river/creek run north?

Azurewraith

Explorer
James smiles "Two it is... M'lord" James says with a mocking bow.
OOC: So I have decided James shall give you all nicknames I have a few in mind could be fun

TallIan

Explorer
Gorir,

After the nights rest Gorir rises early and prepares for the journey. His simple robe and holy amulet replaced with good chainmail under a tabbard displaying Moradin's holy anvil, the same symbol emblazoned on his shield.

During the trip he frowned at the pouting Thadius, this kind of petty grudge holding led to greater problems in any unit. If this group stayed together any length of time, this would have to be dealt with. But Gorir didn't know either of them, so kept is mouth shut for now.

After they arrived at the manor and were given rooms, Gorir watched the nephews head off with the medicines, "Are any in the town in need of a priest? he asks. "My skills center around preparing men and their souls for battle, but perhaps I could still offer some help, even if they are not the faithful of Moradin."

"Should we scout out the area today, my friends?" Thadius asks. "I was about to suggest the same, though I was never good at scouting." Gorir answers.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 18 (Chain and Shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 11/11 HD: 1/1d10

Offense:
Warhammer: +4 5ft 1d8+2S
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+2P
Light Crossbow: +2 80/320ft 1d8P

Warpriest 3/3 per long rest

SPELLS: Cantrips
Guidance; Sacred Flame; Spare the Dying
level 1: 2/2
Bless; Command; Healing Word; Sanctuary[/SBLOCK]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Never fear, scouting is something I am a expert in, master Smith. I could prehaps offer pointers if you where to come with me."

OOC: I almost went with short stack but thought better of it.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Thistle
Evening

Magdalena donned her chainmail in the morning and slipped her greatsword on her back, grabbing up her pack. She made the march to Thistle with the others. Thadius seemed put out for some reason. They met Squire Jorn, who was all ready with the meet with the goblin.

“Of course we have a plan,” Magdalena said. “We kill the goblin. Then we kill any other goblins we find, until they are either dead, or decide that living somewhere else is more conducive to being alive.”

She also volunteered for the scouting mission in a rustle of chainmail.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 5/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
James eyed the woman."I thought you religious types where all about repentance? Not being murder hobos."

James also wondered if this scouting mission was a good idea with all these clangers

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Now, now Master James. Goblins that threaten villages are beyond repentance," the tiefling says not even glancing in the paladin's direction. "Perhaps Gorir and the Lady Magdalena should start out first. And you Master James and I can keep an eye on them from a little ways off. The rest can follow us, and maybe we can ambush any ambushers."

Remove ads