[IC] Return of the Runelords

G

Guest 11456

Audrahni turns her attention to Michael. "All six men had lived their whole lives here. The ones that were unemployed had probably just hit on bad times. Any other questions?"

Kaodi

Hero
"By 'dangerous' do you mean the Wreck is liable to collapse on our heads or is there something less mundane we should be wary of other than dear old Roderic himself?" asks Shendra, taking another sip of wine. "If the danger is structural perhaps we could do worse than visiting the Smithy to buy some tools and stopping at the Mill on our way to the Wreck to buy a bit of lumber. Though I suppose we could also procure our own materials on site depending on how much of a hurry we are in."

G

Guest 11456

Audrahni turns her attention to Shendra. "It is now called Roderic’s Wreck by the locals, since the place has been abandoned and rotting away for years now. It’s quite likely that some sort of clue within the Wreck could reveal why Roderic’s ghost has lingered for so many years, but the building’s reputation for being haunted, combined with respect for the town’s owner, has resulted in very few visitors from Roderic’s Cove over the years." She pauses for a moment and then continues. "I have visited the Wreck a few times, but I have never actually entered it. I want to see Roderic’s spirit put to rest. I am nothing more than a simple graveyard caretaker, ill-equipped to handle a ghost. If you agree to investigate Roderic’s Wreck I may be able to assist somewhat."

Kaodi

Hero
"I would be a a mite disappointed if the old spirit gave us a hard time, what with us trying to do his precious Cove a favour," says Shendra as she leans back in her chair. "I cannot say I know we can 'handle' a ghost per se, but undead of all sorts are harmed by the same mystical energies that we use to heal our wounds. I can certainly slap him with a bit of that if he tries to get grabby."

"In any case if we are going to do this I suggest we turn in soon and get an early start. If we do run into Roderic again it would be best we were not so vulnerable to his moans and groans again. Shall we meet here in the morning?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"What..." Teea shyly began -- formal gatherings tended to do that to her. "Why do you want to help the ghost, Audhi?"

He had only been mentioned in passing in their graveyard conversations -- that she recalled anyway.

OOC: Is there a militia or guards or somebody in charge of maintaining order in Roderick Cove, TS? (the port-governor himself?)

G

Guest 11456

Audrahni continues to interact with Shendra. “Should you decide to go visit Roderic’s Wreck in the morning, I will meet you here before you go. As I said I wish to help with what I can.” Then she turns her attention to Teea. “As I said, I want to see Roderic’s spirit put to rest. It is what I do with the bodies of the deceased and it is what Sir Roderic needs I believe.”

OOC: You know that there is Port-Governor Larenza Thort. She can normally be found at City Hall during the day.

Scotley

Hero
Teodor nods. "Good eye! Rune of wrath. Sort of presents a chicken and egg problem. Did they chose wrath because they are prone to anger and fights or could there be some magic to the rune? Matters supernatural are beyond my understanding. " He pauses to take a drink and consider. Anything else we should know before we go to these ruins? I assume we'll go in the morning? "

He looks to the others for confirmation.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"No, but I admit I was too busy checking out a blade, then running like a chicken with his head cut-off," Michael confesses to Teodor. "I can only handle one problem at a time. Let's put this ghost business to rest, then we can go and investigate this gang that's been operating here for who-knows-how-long."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The young girl looked vaguely unhappy at such an answer. She abandoned all pretense of finishing her fish-in-bread, carefully laying the tines down on the table and looking thoughtful...

OOC: Follow-up question: What does Teea know about Lorenza Thort, by reputation or otherwise TS? Does she have links with the gangs? Or has she opposed them recently? Knowledge Local: [roll0]

"I can only handle one problem at a time. Let's put this ghost business to rest, then we can go and investigate this gang that's been operating here for who-knows-how-long."

Teea grasped her uncle's sleeve between thumb and forefinger.

"Why do you care?" she softly asked, looking up into his bearded face.

Remove ads