[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
"I think we go through all of the rooms up here, and then we look in the basement," answers the older woman. "Hopefully we find at least one of the objects, and maybe some answers to my other questions. Sir Roderic did not seem to understand what is going on in the rest of the house, but it may still be part of this mystery." Shendra then gestures to the door Michael is standing in front of.

G

Guest 11456

The group repositions and then Shendra opens the next door. Inside she finds sagging shelves, one of which has partially pulled free from the wall, line the walls of this room, set with spools of thread, boxes of needles, moldy scraps of cloth, bolts of decaying fabric, and various types of shears. A round box of soiled yarn rests on a worktable along the north wall, and a dress form lays propped in the corner.

OOC: Map

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra gives a small sigh as she looks around the decrepit sewing room. It took her back a bit to her youth and the way her own mother had tried to impress skill with a needle and thread upon her. "This must have been nice once upon a time," she says as she takes a look around.

Perception: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16

Kaodi

Hero
"I want to help you, if you will give us the chance," the oracle says to whatever spirit may be present; Roderic's wife? "I know it's tempting to throw things about, but we could just talk instead, couldn't we?" Not that this spirit will necessarily be more cogent than Sir Roderic's, but Shendra thought it was at least worth a try before she was likely assaulted by the contents of the room.

Diplomacy: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19

G

Guest 11456

There is no answer to Shendra's question. But after a short wait the contents of the room indeed start to move.
The items in the room come to life and chaotically fly through the air. Flurries of needles fly about like straw caught in a dust devil, while scissors and shears flap dangerously through the area. Strips of cloth fly through the air, and spools of thread and yarn spread like ever-shifting webs. After what seems like an eternity everything drops to the floor motionless. It appears that the room is now safe for entry.

Kaodi

Hero
The seer quietly enters to take a quick look around, examining anything that might not been part of the deadly dance, like the dress form. Once she is satisfied nothing of interest is here she moves onto the next room.

G

Guest 11456

There does not seem to be anything here of any worth. However upon examining the round box of soiled yarn there seems to be something odd about it but Shendra cannot quite figure out what has caught her eye. It is odd that the soiled yarn was not pulled out nor was the box moved during the mini storm that just occurred.

Kaodi

Hero
After saying a magic word or two she steps back and uses her mystical reach to probe the contents of the box. "There is no need to hide," she says quietly - but guardedly.

Remove ads