D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I should mention that the shaded areas show elevation, with the lightest colours being up about eight feet from each darker patch. Feel free to ask questions in the OOC if you have any.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Realizing that there was nowhere to go but down, Mord moved to the edge of the platform and commanded one of his minions to catch him before hopping down into it's awating arms.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mord

It wasn't what anyone would call comfortable, but Mord landed in the Skeleton's arms without injury. A shadow moved off in the distance through the swirling mists. It was one more level of ice-shelf down from him, but it appeared to be at least as tall as the trolls. One of the nearby trolls saw it too, and began to head into the fog to intercept it.

OOC: Want to try to tell the troll what to do, or wait for the Sergeant (who is probably on his/her way down as we speak... @Charwoman Gene ?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As the skeleton settled Mord back to the ground, he looked after the troll and decided to risk it.

~"Wait!"~

He sent telepathically to the troll. He didn't want to get the trolls riled up, but calling out would just alert their enemies all the faster.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto thankfully accepted the crampons and sat down to put them on his boots. He jumped and stomped a few times to ensure they were properly attached. Wonderful, Sesto exclaimed, I wish I had these earlier!

Upon hearing about the terrain in the lair, Sesto was reminded about the scroll Imani gave them on the onset of their quest, the scroll of Water Walking. The freezing pools of water should not be a problem, at least, Sesto said as he unravelled the scroll and cast the spell on all Imani's agents.

Sesto did not bother looking at the arcane books and scrolls as he past them in the scriptorium. His magic was divine and he had no time for the raw and unenlightened arcane magic.

Sesto waited to last, providing divine guidance to all, before carefully walking down the treacherous slope. He lost his footing despite the crampons and he slid down the slope. He thought he could hear some sniggering from his minions that followed. Sesto desperately tried to stop his slide before going over the edge but to no avail. Cat's Grace, my arse, he thought as he fell...

OOC: Athletic check climbing down slope (adv with crampons, plus guidance): 2D20.HIGH(1)+2+1D4 = [6, 6]+2+[3] = 11
Dex save after slipping down the slope (Adv due to Cat's Grace): 2#1d20k1+1 5 7

I can't believe that Coyote Dice Roller stopped working between these rolls!?!

Sesto AC18* HP 59/59 HD 8/8 PP15 SS 4/1 2/2 3/3 2/4 CD 2/2

And I am sorry for being absent for two weeks.

Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
The Zombie Kobolds walked down the slope after Sesto. They were tied together by a rope to aid their decent. Still, three of the Kobolds followed Sesto's lead and slipped too, dragging the other two Kobolds with them. As they slid towards the hole they desperately tried to stop but, being zombies, they just comically flailed their arms and legs. They went off the edge, one by one. Just like Sesto did!

OOC: Athletic checks for Kobolds: 5#2d20k1-1 4 15 9 12 18, two passed, three failed.
Dex save for Kobolds sliding down the slope: 5#1d20+1 9 6 7 19 11, one passed, four failed.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Sargloth, seeing the figure moving in the mists, shouts to the trolls, "Forward, get that thing as quick as we can." He then leads the way in trying to reach it.

Remove ads