D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The skragg began to turn as it was wounded by the barbarian. Unfortunately for it, that was a mistake and seeing his opportunity, Loklafd struck, thrusting both torches into the creatures unprotected flank.

Dual-torches: 2#1d20+5 24 22 2#1d4+3 4 6

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Blurcho let outh a deep sigh. "aaaah, that's so much better. Next time you're on fire I'll put you out! Now go put out that other guy!"

It came out mangled of course, as he was also busily chewing that chunk of cultist. His mom had always admonished him to eat well after regenerating. Well, time to eat more cultists!

OOC: I'm not sure if Blurcho is feared or not - if yes, let me know and I'll re-roll)

Blurchor eating some more, bite claw claw: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13
1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8

bite damage: 1D6+4 = [3]+4 = 7

claw damage on surrounded cultist: 2D6+4 = [4, 2]+4 = 10
(didn't roll the other claw because AC was so low.

Blurcho smiled as he swallowed another gulp and felt his healing start again. It was so good! He didn't know how humans did without it. No wonder they were so grumpy.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Oodnadatta felt good. Finally Uncle Boogey was put to rest. Hopefully. Must stop all neckermunchers!
Oodnadatta suddenly heard another skragg approaching. He didn't recognise this one but he better put a stop to it.
Oodnadatta felt slow and useless but instead of running, he decided to break off a chunk of ice and throw it at the oncoming skragg. Slow and useless!

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto heard heavy steps behind him. He stopped and a skragg came into his circle of light. It looks injured or should I say 'damaged', Sesto mused amongst the chaos surrounding him.
Sesto moved his spectral mace and took a swipe at the skragg. He then pointed and the air around the skragg filled with the deathly toll of a bell that only the skragg could hear. Sesto continued on his way south towards where the dragon might be.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC: I'll take over Alhana

Alhana could see Sesto in the light and also the skragg that entered the outskirts of the light circle. She quickly fired a couple of arrows towards the skragg before Sesto moved on.
I'm not feeling so well, Alhana thought. I should've invested in some of those healing potions... but no, I decided to keep the gold. What good is the gold doing me now, eh!
Alhana decided to jump off the ice shelf and take cover.

tglassy

Adventurer
(Primus moves the sensor towards the dragon, looking for it. He moves wherever he can to see the biggest number of good guys.)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The cultist was at about the edge of his sight now, but Mord's eyes were particularly good at seeing in the darkness and he was able to pick out his target even now. Launching another pair of bolts he smiled to himself as he watched them strike hard. Then he ordered his remaining skeletal minion to follow as he mived farther down the ridge that he was on.

Eldritch Blast: 2#1d20+8 23 19 2#1d10+4 12 7

Moving another 15' and the skeleton taking a disengage and a move action to catch up to him.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Eastern Lair

Blurcho chomped at a cultist and told a troll to put out the Sarge. That troll marched away, heedless of the cultists around him, who only got minor wounds on him in their surprise. Mord struck solid blows with his eldritch blasts on the cult-leader Arrufel, and the large catfolk pulled back as Mord's troll wandered toward its master.

This left Sargloth to take the brunt of the cultists' assault. The one on the ridge punctured the armored troll with arrows, and two others surrounded him and beat him down with their swords. The troll sergeant would have died for sure, if it weren't that the other troll shoved his way into the fray and put the fire out with some crushed ice. Sargloth lay on the ground, but his flesh began to knit itself back together.

Meanwhile, another troll grabbed at the cultist that Blurcho was munching on, and pulled half of the human free of the other troll's jaws, munching on the half of his own. It was a grizzly picture, but the trolls liked it that way.

Mord took the opportunity to move away from the battle, working his way westward to see how his allies were faring against the dracolich.

GM:
(Allies)
Blurcho did 7 (bite) damage to DragonFang2
Mord
did 12 & 7 (EB) damage to Arrufel & moved to (BX41)
MordTroll1 disengaged & moved to (CE36)
Sargloth dropped but regenerated 10, waking up
Troll3 moved to (CO33) (provoking) & put Sargloth's fire out, saving him from death
Troll4 did 8 & 15 (claw) & 6 (bite) damage to DragonFang2 (Dead)
(Enemies)
Arrufel disengaged & moved to (CQ28)
DragonFang1 moved to (CM26) & did 4 & 15 (bow) damage to Sargloth
DragonFang2
did 4 (sword) damage to Troll3 then was torn to pieces
DragonWing1 moved to (CL33) & did 6 (sword) damage to Sargloth
DragonWing2
did 8 (sword) damage to Sargloth (down)
DragonWing3 moved to (CQ33) & missed Troll3

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Primus' psychic eye floated over the ridge that bisected the lair, and he could see the dragon in its dark, mist-shrouded shadow. The old bones scraped along the ice as the undead creature slowly built a protective fort for itself - a sanctuary of ice - that gave it protection while it waited for its magical energies to build, so it could once more unleash its icy breath.

Around him, his allies began to gather as they defended themselves from the Dracolich's drowned-troll minions, who came from all sides.

OOC: Okay I did this post quick because people seem to be waiting to see if the eye can find the dragon. @tglassy, some of them will be done their turns this round, but Primus can see Oggsbruff, leaping back off the ledge to go after the Skragg that Sesto's mace is smacking. Sesto has moved past him, but he's lit by his shield. Kalorn is there. Both berserkers are nearby, and Loklafd, after burning the Skragg (finishing him off) can come around the ice-shelf, his torches will light up Alhana above him - so Primus can see them as well. That pretty much just leaves Lorenn out, who can get wherever on his own. Are there any distance limits, or just sight? I assume you need to wait until the round rolls to teleport, though, and the dragon still has a turn this round... so things might still change. Who still has to go? @Ancalagon Kalorn and Lorenn (and some NPCs) and I have to resolve everyone... oh, and @tglassy you can post for Oogabooga if you like.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: I have to be able to see them and they need to be within 60 ft. I can teleport them to a spot I can see within one mile.

Question, is the dragon walking himself off in an area where it wouldn’t be able to easily escape if we all teleported next to it? Is there a floor under it, or is it in the air?

Remove ads