D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi watches what's below, and smells a steak, like they cook in the Daggerford Inn at midwinter. He stays up above, pokes his head out the hole. Is this a way out for the villagers, he wonders?

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Can Enseth fix Angis? Titus has two more hours as a wolf, and I don’t want to waste them. That 6 HP is 6 more HP than he has as a human, and his sense of smell and pack tactics could help tremendously.

If Enseth can’t, Titus will revert to human form and use Spare the Dying.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi peeked out of the upper part of the well. Behind him was the workhouse, with it's looms and spinning-wheels, abandoned now by the villagers who had been rescued and were hiding in the basement. Directly south from him was a goblin watchtower, and he saw a half-dozen goblins crowded around its base. These goblins had run from the workhouse when the Daggerfordians had liberated it, but they had not returned in an organised force. Instead, they were arguing with the goblin guards of the wooden watchtower, who were not doing their duty and keeping watch, but were instead threatening the goblins on the ground and gesturing back toward the workhouse.

Fradak

Explorer
Recording everything, Enseth observes closely the creature turning. My programming has been extensive. My memory banks contain much knowledge, thought the Construct before adding some comments in his memory about the Darkenbeast.

Then, he remembers that some of his mortal friends could need some medical attention. He kneels near Angis and searches for Dwarves anatomy descriptions in his internal library. After a few seconds, Enseth applies the quick but efficient first aid gestures to stabilize the Ranger.

If nobody propose to heal Angis, Enseth adds "He will survive. But we should hurry. I can carry him".

OOC: Guidance + Medicine on Angis
Medicine: 1d20+2+1d4 15

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Goblin barracks
3:15 PM
Round 0

Angis reached out, his hand almost touching Vestia’s as she beckoned to him. There was a bright light behind her. But then she shook her head.

It is not your time. Not yet.

Angis let out a weeping sigh in his unconscious state. When would this torment of denial be over?

OOC: I honestly thought I would be rolling up a life cleric! LOL We are still in the middle of an armed camp, I guess, so there’s still time![/OCC]

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:

Bonus Action:

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 3/31 HD: 2/3d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Okay, some reminders: There's an escape tunnel in the Storage Room off of the Bunkroom under the Flint (over the bridge). It's collapsed and would take several hours to dig out, but you have a labour force. Otherwise, you could try to get the group to climb out over the Moat, the way you got in, but they're not all built for that sort of thing. At any rate, there are no goblins around in the Cellars at the moment. The closest threats are the goblins in the Watchtowers outside, and the Wizard (last seen rummaging in his own stuff off of the Tavern's Common Room).

Options I can see:
1: Go after the Wizard in the Tavern (and probably lose).
2: Try to sneak out one way or another (and probably run into goblins)
3: Hole Up in the Bunkroom (it's pretty defensible) while digging out the Escape Tunnel. Hope no one comes looking for you.

Any other thoughts or questions?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: Dandin looks about. Angus was in an even worse state now and they were in the same predicament as they had been. They needed to find a place to lick their wounds and recoup some energy before making a last push to escape.

"We need to make for the mine passage. We can hole up there and set up a defensive barricade. Even dig our way out at need. Tommi, can you leave a false trail? Maybe they'll think we escaped through those doors and gone elsewhere."

OOC: I say we hole up and dig our way out.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Bunkroom

The Daggerfordians, their elvish allies, and the rescued Julkounian workers moved to the Bunkroom and set about clearing it of dead goblins and setting a watch. A number of Julkounians shared stories of the night that the goblins attacked: There had been little warning, and a section of the outer wall had collapsed in such a way as could only have been sabotage from within. Many had fled toward the Bunkroom (the station for non-combatants during a siege) but they way had been locked. The keys were supposed to be held by the village Priest, Estor.

The villagers had not known that their Priest had been killed - hanged from the covered bridge. A few had suspected him of treason and now felt ashamed of themselves. Still, they busied themselves by preparing a meal, cleaning the bunkroom, refacing the shrine, and digging out the tunnel (whichever suited their individual skills best).

OOC: I think you have the keys now, IIRC. You can lock up most of the cellars and the goblins would have to pick 'em or kick 'em down to get at you. Both sides of the covered bridge can be locked, and whoever is on watch can hang out in there. There's plenty of beds, too. Want to try for a Long Rest? If you succeed, it will be around 10 o'clock at night when you're rested. Nearly time for bed. Anyone NOT need a long rest? You could take a short one and help dig the tunnel.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Once they got settled in, Dandin settled down near the fireplace with his shawm and played some music for anyone who had time and/or needed to rest in the bunk room. His first selection started with melancholy tones but grew into a bold finish. Afterwards he began to take requests.

An hour later, the halfling was overcome by his own weariness and he climbed into one of the bunks, hoping to sleep long enough to recover his magical energy for them to make their next move.

OOC: Song of Rest: Anyone who spends HD during a short rest gains +1d6 additional gp from it.

If we can, Dandin needs a long rest to regain spell slots and inspiration.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases