• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus' eyes fluttered, and he wished they didn't. With consciousness came the pain in his shoulder, so close to his neck.

"Get up," he heard his father say. His father never was one to suffer the lazy, and having an arrow sticking out of your chest was no excuse.

He grabbed the arrow. It had hit just under his left collarbone, and was almost poking out the other side. The shaft was smooth, though. Small blessings.

Gritting his teeth, he broke the shaft in one swift motion, waves of pain flooding him. He then put the broken end of the shaft into his mouth, and bit down on the wood.

He lay his head back on the ground, searching the ground with his right hand until he found a suitable rock. Gripping it, he brought it over his face. It would do. He closed his eyes and bit hard on the arrow, then slammed the rock on the broken end of the arrow tip still lodged in his shoulder.

The world was fiery pain. He felt the tip of the arrow go through his back, and the shaft in his mouth broke as he bit down and screamed. Without thinking, he rolled over and pulled the arrowtip out of his back quickly, feeling the shaft's length all the way through.

Blinking back tears, he got the arrow out. He was bleeding, now. Taking a cloth from his pocket, he stuffed it into his armor where the wound was, using the armor to keep pressure. He would need healing, soon, but for the moment, he was alive.

He stood, and surveyed the area.

OOC: Second Wind: [roll0]

River Song

Explorer
Lionel's eyes fluttered open, "Am I dead?" he asked as her gazed up into Marigold's face. He could feel warmth fading from his leg and head and a quick probe with his fingers proved that, whilst tender, his injury was healed.

Lifting a hand to her face, "Well, mother did ask me to find a nice girl." he smiles.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lionel

Marigold laughed, and Lionel realised that had said that out loud. Embarrased, he looked away and pulled himself to a seated position. Where was he? It was in the goblin's raiding boat. Other would-be prisoners were here as well, including the woman he had tried so hard to rescue. While he had technically failed, they were now free - but not safe: everyone was making ready to put the boat out in the water. But where were his friends? That strange shield-guardian was here, but where was Tommi?

Lionel shot up and looked over the shield-wall. In the dim light of the burning cottage, he spotted his friend, lying on the rocks, being tended to by Drui, the Dwarf war-medic. Following his gaze, the halfling woman (who he would later learn was named Marigold, and was an acolyte of Chantea) said to him, "Is that your friend? I have a healing potion."

From somewhere on her person she produced a vial and she gave it to Lionel. Her hand was soft, and Lionel felt a spark when he touched it. Perhaps it was a side-effect of her healing magic.

River Song

Explorer
Lionel smiled and kissed the back of her hand as he took the potion. "My thanks, my friend looks in dire need of this." he deftly leaps over the side and as he starts to move to his friend he turns back.

"You will still be here?" he bows and races off.

Tommi looked in rough shape and Lionel rolled him onto his back and helped up so he could pour the potion down his throat. "There Tommi lad, a gift from an angel."

OOC: let Tommi do the honors for the roll

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi's eyes fluttered open, "Am I dead?" he asked as he gazed up into Lionel's face. He quickly checked himself, as his vision cleared. He began to cough, and the arrow popped out of his chest and his flesh wove itself back together. He breathed in, filling new lungs. "Thanks, buddy."

Tommi heaved himself up onto an elbow, and then onto his haunches. And, steadying himself on Lionel, he stood to his feet.

Back to [roll0] hp.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lionel, Tommi & Dandin

Lionel and Tommi were reunited and quickly became aware of what they had missed. The immediate goblins were subdued, but there were more on the way in another raiding boat. Worse, the ones that Dandin had put to sleep would wake very soon. They ran for the goblin's raiding boat as Enseth worked at shoving it free of the rocky bank and Dandin helped to pull them aboard.

Titus & Janos

Titus was in pain. A lot of pain. But he always found that pain worked for him rather than against him. It's not that he enjoyed it, but that his head cleared and his resolve strengthened. He felt alive. As he rose to his feet, Janos ran past him, heading for his own boat. "We're leavin'! Go help your friends with the other boat and tell them to follow us in mine! When we pass the city, light a lantern and get folks to wave so the militia can tell who you are!"

Enseth

The drop-off into the river was steep. Once Enseth had the raiding-boat floating free of the bank, it was difficult to keep straight. Standing waist-deep in the river, holding the boat as the last of his people got aboard, Enseth could tell that the goblins were not helping, but instead were working against him under the guise of following his orders to get the boat out. Under the ruse of incompetence, they were fouling the oars, and pushing the boat the wrong way. Not everyone was aboard, and Enseth was about to lose the boat to the current...

GM: Enseth must roll Strength (Athletics) dc14 or the boat will move into water 10 feet deep, with him holding onto the side.

OOC: The way I imagine it, Titus, Drui, and Angis are not yet on the boat. I guess the dwarves are hesitating, as dwarves do.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As Dandin gets settled into the boat he looks about at the many greenskins and a look of distrust came to his eyes. He stayed in the bow of the boat and drew his rapier, staring down the length at the goblins. Not understanding their language, he spoke out in common, hoping one or two might understand him. As he speaks, he looks for the victim of his impromptu heckling.

"Alright! Figure it out, or I'll start poking you, one by one!"

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Eep!" said one of the goblins at Dandin's threat. They may not all have understood his words, but all goblins understood the threat of fatal punishment. The goblins (there were four of them) organised themselves into the oar-wells, raised four (of the eight) oars, and awaited further instructions.

The old man who had been taken prisoner deferred to Dandin as well, saying, "Me name's Bruno. Worked this river me whole life. I kin row, or I kin steer."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi turns to Lionel. "Thanks," he says sincerely.

"You say there's another boat?" There's a playful smile in the offer, daring him, but he also proposes a safer alternative: "...or we can see if any of these goblins here are still kicking, and gather them up."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads